• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

“Riches does not mean having a great amount of property; real wealth is self-contentment.”

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace." [/FONT]

summia

Scriptural reader
Prophetic sayings explaning fitna:

The Prophet
saws_3.jpg
said, Peace be upon him:

1. "They [Khawarij = those outside] transferred the Qur'anic verses meant to refer to unbelievers and made them refer to believers."

2. "What I most fear in my community is a man who interprets verses of the Qur'an out of context."

3. "The confusion [fitna] comes from there (and he pointed to the East = Najd in present-day Eastern Saudi Arabia)."

4. "A people that recite Qur'an will come out of the East, but it will not go past their throats. They will pass through the religion (of Islam) like the arrow passes through its quarry. They will no more come back to the religion than the arrow will come back to its course. Their sign is that they shave (their heads)."

5. "There will be in my Community a dissent and a faction, a people with excellent words and vile deeds. They will read Qur'an, but their faith does not go past their throats. They will pass through religion the way an arrow passes through its quarry. They will no more come back to the religion than the arrow will come back to its original course. They are the worst of human beings and the worst of all creation. The one who kills them or is killed by them is blessed. They summon to the book of Allah but they have nothing to do with it. Whoever kills them is closer to Allah than they. Their sign is that they shave (their heads)."

6. "A people will come out at the end of times, immature, foolish and corrupt. They will hold the discourse of the best of creation and recite Qur'an, but it will not go past their throats. They will pass through religion the way an arrow passes through its quarry. If you find them, kill them, for verily whoever kills them will have his reward from Allah the Day of Judgment."

7. "There will be people in my Community whose mark is that they shave (their heads). They will recite Qur'an, but it will not go past their throats. They will pass through religion the way an arrow passes through its target. They are the worst of human beings and the worst of all creation."

8. "The apex of disbelief is towards the East [Najd]. Pride and arrogance is found among the people of the horse and the camel [Bedouin Arabs]."

9. "Harshness and dryness of heart are in the East [Najd], and true belief is among the people of Hijaz."

10. "O Allah, bless our Syria and our Yemen!" They said: "Ya Rasulallah, and our Najd!" He didn't reply. He blessed Syria and Yemen twice more. They asked him to bless Najd twice more but he didn't reply. The third time he said: "There [in Najd] are the earthquakes and the dissensions, and through it will dawn the epoch [or horn] of shaytan."

11. A version has, "The two epochs [or horns] of shaytan." Some scholars have said that the dual referred to Musaylima the Arch-liar and to Muhammad ibn `Abd al-Wahhab.

12. Some versions continue with the words: "And in it [Najd] is the consuming disease," i.e. death.

13. Some books of history mention the following version in the chapters devoted to the battles against the Banu Hanifa:
"At the end of times a man will come out of Musaylima's country and he will change the religion of Islam." Note: Most of the Khawarij were from the Najd area, from the tribes of Banu Hanifa, Banu Tamim, and Wa'il. Musaylima was from the Banu Hanifa, and Ibn `Abd al-Wahhab is from Tamim.

13a. Abu Bakr said concerning the Banu Hanifa (the tribe of Musaylima the Liar): "Their valley [Najd] will not cease to be a valley of dissensions until the end of time, and the religion will never recover from their liars until Judgment Day," and in another version: "Woe to al-Yamama without end."

13b. When `Ali killed the Khawarij, someone said: "Praise be to Allah Who has brought them down and relieved us from them." Ali replied: "Verily, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, some of them are still in the loins of men and they have not been born yet, and the last of them will fight on the side of the Antichrist."

14. "A people that recite the Qur'an will come out of the East, but it will not go past their throats. Every time a generation of them is cut down another one will come until the last one finds itself on the side of the Antichrist."

15. "There will be a huge confusion within my Community. There will not remain one house of the Arabs except that confusion will enter it. Those who die because of it are in the fire. The harm of the tongue in it will be greater than that of the sword."

16. "There will be a dissension (in which people will be) deaf, dumb and blind (this means they will be blind and not see the true issue nor listen to the voice of truth): whoever tries to control it, the dissension will control him."

17. "A shaytan will appear in Najd by whose dissension the Arabian island will quake."

18. On the authority of al-`Abbas: "A man will come out of the Wadi Abu Hanifah [in Najd] (whose appearance is) like a bull that lunges against its yoke. There will be much slaughter and killing in his time. They will make the possessions of Muslims lawful for themselves and for trade among themselves. They will make the lives of Muslims lawful for themselves and for boasting among themselves. In that confusion the despised and the lowly will attain positions of power. Their idle desires will keep company with them the way a dog keeps company with its master."

19. On the authority of Abu Sa`id al-Khudri: "Verily in the wake of this time of mine comes a people who will recite Qur'an but it will not go past their throats. They will pass through religion the way an arrow passes through its quarry. They will kill the Muslims and leave the idolaters alone. If I saw them, verily I would kill them the way the tribe of `Aad was killed [i.e. all of them]."

20. "There will be towards the end of time a people who will say to you what neither you nor your forebears ever heard before. Beware of them lest they misguide you and bring you confusion."

21. "They will pass through Islam like an arrow passes through its quarry. Wherever you meet them, kill them!"

22. "They are the dogs of the people of Hell."

23. "They recite Qur'an and consider it in their favor but it is against them."

24. "There will be thirty dajjals (antichrists) after me, all claiming prophethood."

25. "Some people will be standing and calling at the gates of hell; whoever responds to their call, their will throw him into the Fire. They will be from our own people [i.e. Arabs] and will speak our language [Arabic]. Should you live to see them, stick to the main body (jama`a) of the Muslims and their leader. (If there is no main body and no leader,) isolate yourself from all these sects, even if you have to eat from the roots of trees until death overcomes you while you are in that state."

26. "Just before the Hour there will be many liars." Jabir ibn Samurah said: "Be on your guard against them."

27. "The Hour will not come until thirty dajjals appear, all of them lying about Allah and His Messenger."

28. "There will be Dajjals and liars among my Community. They will tell you something new, which neither you nor your forefathers have heard. Be on your guard against them and do not let them lead you astray."

29. "The time of the Dajjal will be years of confusion. People will believe a liar, and disbelieve one who tells the truth. People will distrust one who is trustworthy, and trust one who is treacherous; and the ruwaybidha will have a say." Someone asked: "Who are they?" He said: "Those who rebel against Allah and will have a say in general affairs."

30. "If the leadership is entrusted to those unfit for it, expect the Hour."

31. "You will see the barefoot ones, the naked, the destitute, the shepherds and camelherds take pride in building tall structures in abundance."
32. "One of the signs of the change of religion is the affectation of eloquence by the rabble and their betaking to palaces in big cities."

Herez more about the topic......

http://www.livingislam.org/k/hpf_e.html

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
You guys is this one true?

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 86 :: Hadith 86

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah does not accept prayer of anyone of you if he does Hadath (passes wind) till he performs the ablution (anew)."

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Is this penalty still a verdict of Allah and his apostle?

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 89 :: Hadith 271

Narrated Abu Musa: A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle

Sahar

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah does not accept prayer of anyone of you if he does Hadath (passes wind) till he performs the ablution (anew)."
There are things that invalidate Wudu' (ablution) called "Hadath". This hadath is minor and major. The minor includes urination, defecation, passing gases, sleeping.... The major includes sexual intercourse or ejaculation during sleep menstrual bleeding and postpartum bleeding. The minor hadath only needs performing Wudu'; washing hands, face, arms..you can check how wudu' is performed in this link: http://islam1.org/how_to_pray/wudu.htm
Wudu' is needed to be done before Salah (prayer) and if it was invalidated by the causes i mentioned, you should make Wudu' again before prayer. (you know, you won't rely on a wudu you made 10 years ago.) In fact, Wudu exceeds being a physical washing, its basically spiritual. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that Wudu' purifies us from our sins, when you wash your hands, you purify them from any sins you committed with them, when you wash your face, you purify your eyes from the sins you committed with them and so on as your sins are washed and fall with water. Thus when you come to your prayer, you are already prepared for your meeting with Allah swt.
The major hadath needs washing (using clean water) of all your body including your hair and it's called "ghusl".
Suppose there is not water i can use, or if i am sick and water is dangerous on my health, here i perform what's called "Taymmum" (dry ablution). How to perfrom Taymmum: Taymmum

About the second question, i am not qualified to answer it. Sorry! :sad4:

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"A wise man is the one who calls himself to account (and refrains from doing evil deeds) and does noble deeds to benefit him after death; and the foolish person is the one who subdues himself to his temptations and desires and seeks from Allah the fulfillment of his vain desires."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

summia

Scriptural reader

Yeah !
It's true.....

As different religions used differnts manners of worshipping, and for worshipping need some rules to follow....
Allah Almight (Lord) ask to offer prayer while waching hands, face, mouth, nose, feet, neck and head; called ablution.....
After passing wind, the person gets germs.....
Allah Almight orders to wash coz He likes purification.....

summia

Scriptural reader
Is this penalty still a verdict of Allah and his apostle?

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 89 :: Hadith 271

Narrated Abu Musa: A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle
Yeah! it's still verdict....
coz when a person accept Islam, it means he knows well and accepted it by heart....
Then after promising to be a Muslim, he get away
!!!!
What's means????
means he was Hypocryte, and wherever you go in the World, paul! ask any Justice about "What should be the matter with Hypocrytes?" you will get one answer "Give him bitter punishment or Kill him, coz hypocryte is the sign of Transgression over the World"
That's was in behind....:)

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Yeah! it's still verdict....
coz when a person accept Islam, it means he knows well and accepted it by heart....
Then after promising to be a Muslim, he get away
!!!!
What's means????
means he was Hypocryte, and wherever you go in the World, paul! ask any Justice about "What should be the matter with Hypocrytes?" you will get one answer "Give him bitter punishment or Kill him, coz hypocryte is the sign of Transgression over the World"
That's was in behind....:)

Thanks for your honest answer Summia. In fundamentalist Christianity apostasy is very serious too but in this life we simply oppose their teachings and have nothing to do with them.

Why do you think that the penalty has to be executed now, in this life? Why does allah not wait until the day of judgement when the person is going to suffer in hell for his apostasy anyway?

It is in the koran allah the merciful allah the beneficient. I'm not suggesting that you can just go and change the rules "allah and his apostle" have put in place just to please others, but imagine if you had to execute this act of "justice" on someone.. could you do it?

As I said I do appreciate your honest answer and I do understand that allegience to allah comes before any other earthly friendship but I can't comprehend how this and other punishments (amputation of limbs) can actually be carried out even if you do believe them.

I wont goad you on the subject or keep asking about it if you would prefer I didn't, I was simply browsing the hadith when I came across this and wanted to ask someone.

summia

Scriptural reader
Thanks for your honest answer Summia. In fundamentalist Christianity apostasy is very serious too but in this life we simply oppose their teachings and have nothing to do with them.

Why do you think that the penalty has to be executed now, in this life? Why does allah not wait until the day of judgement when the person is going to suffer in hell for his apostasy anyway?

It is in the koran allah the merciful allah the beneficient. I'm not suggesting that you can just go and change the rules "allah and his apostle" have put in place just to please others, but imagine if you had to execute this act of "justice" on someone.. could you do it?

As I said I do appreciate your honest answer and I do understand that allegience to allah comes before any other earthly friendship but I can't comprehend how this and other punishments (amputation of limbs) can actually be carried out even if you do believe them.

I wont goad you on the subject or keep asking about it if you would prefer I didn't, I was simply browsing the hadith when I came across this and wanted to ask someone.
coz if penalty has not executed now in this life will get the religion of Islam as an airport in which people will come and leave and come and leave and so on….
Islam has it’s value, coz it is counted among major religions, if everyone waits for judgment to be suffer such Hypocrite in hell then the purpose of Believers die (And that purpose is “To call the people towards true path that God Almighty has mentioned in His last revelation, it’s not changed as a challenging truth”)
Note here paul! I hav used word “call” not the word “enforcement” it is prohibited in Islam. But is someone came to accept Islam and then after some days he go away, such is really wrong action, coz religion is not as changing the clothes… :)

Yeah! And Allah will surely punish that person in hereafter but it don’t mean lo leave the Hypocrite free in this life….
And also there is second way to treat the Hypocrite “To disgrace him and show all over the world that the man is Hypocrite” But Allah Almighty don’t wish to disgrace his creature, rather he (The Hypocrite) must die….right!!!!

Look Look paul!
Religion don’t means only sweetness. Religion means “Balanced way” coz if religion will be sooooo sweet and only sweet then why religion????
Therefore, Allah almighty not only merciful allah the beneficient but also fierce in punishment.
Now, why our parents gets fireced when we disobey them? We can’t say that our parents are not merciful, infact they are trying to save our life….

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
coz if penalty has not executed now in this life will get the religion of Islam as an airport in which people will come and leave and come and leave and so on….
This to me creates problems. Wouldn't it be more glorifying to allah if people were free to leave Islam but chose not to because it is the truth and they have found allah and the way of righteousness.
If on the other hand people who depart from Islam must fear for their lives how will the world ever know if a muslim is a muslim because he loves allah and has found the truth or because he is afraid not to?

Islam has it’s value, coz it is counted among major religions, if everyone waits for judgment to be suffer such Hypocrite in hell then the purpose of Believers die (And that purpose is “To call the people towards true path that God Almighty has mentioned in His last revelation, it’s not changed as a challenging truth”)
Yes to call people to faith, but how is the execution of hypocrites doing this? What this actually achieves is keeping people in the faith by fear, leaving a hypocrite to live out his short life would not affect the muslims duty to call people to faith.

But is someone came to accept Islam and then after some days he go away, such is really wrong action, coz religion is not as changing the clothes… :)
It is wrong, I completely agree with you but it is better to have people who are muslims because they want to be rather than because they are scared not to be, because then their hearts are not right with their god and he knows this anyhow.

Yeah! And Allah will surely punish that person in hereafter but it don’t mean lo leave the Hypocrite free in this life….
And also there is second way to treat the Hypocrite “To disgrace him and show all over the world that the man is Hypocrite” But Allah Almighty don’t wish to disgrace his creature, rather he (The Hypocrite) must die….right!!!!
Well you know Islam a whole lot better than I do Summia and I respect your right to believe as you do. Someone who leaves Christianity is regarded as a pig that returns to it's filth after it has been washed or a dog that returns to it's vomit to eat it. (They have returned to their previous sinful ways). Amongst the Christian community that person is disgraced and has to live with the lurking fear of a day of a frightful day of judgement and indignation. Do you consider this to be weak?

Look Look paul!
Religion don’t means only sweetness. Religion means “Balanced way” coz if religion will be sooooo sweet and only sweet then why religion????
Therefore, Allah almighty not only merciful allah the beneficient but also fierce in punishment.
I agree and all is not sweet in Christianity " through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God" "all who live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution" "mortify (put to death) therefore your members (you fleshly desires in your body parts) which are upon the earth". It is a hard life to be a Christian as i'm sure it is to be a muslim.

Now, why our parents gets fireced when we disobey them? We can’t say that our parents are not merciful, infact they are trying to save our life….
But if they killed us what lesson do we learn from that?

maro

muslimah
i don't feel it's appropriate to interrupt the thread by this discussion,

Paul, start a new thread i f you want to go on with disscussion ,please

summia

Scriptural reader
This to me creates problems. Wouldn't it be more glorifying to allah if people were free to leave Islam but chose not to because it is the truth and they have found allah and the way of righteousness.
If on the other hand people who depart from Islam must fear for their lives how will the world ever know if a muslim is a muslim because he loves allah and has found the truth or because he is afraid not to?
Yes, paul! You are at the right to fear, coz fear gets place in heart when person has less knowledge about someone. Look, if i hav not seen a loin then suddenly someone will tell me "A loin is beast animal" Then fear gets place in my heart about lion and I wil hate lion coz it is a beats animal.
But we know lion is not a crazy one ready to beat everyone. If you treat well you will get well answer.
The Hadeeth that you hav mentioned was about hypocrites, poeple accept Islam and then go away, like a trade had been started at that time. When ever Muslims participated in Battles and got lefted wealth after Battle, the hypocritse came first to accept Islam and after getting benefit they used to leave Islam. What you say for them?
If I came to accept your religion and you will surely appriciate me.....
After getting appriciation and getting my purpose to come i leave, what will be your response? you will think "Hav i been here to getting benefit and after getting benefit i leave! and the lose you hav got my this act will you leave me alive?" definately not!
If you are a positive think towards humanity you will kill coz Transsgression should not live free.
That was the behind the Hadeeth, if poeple wants to come and accept Islam with their heart and then they feel not comfort and leave will never die, that Hadeeth is not vedicted for those who come with clean hearted without any greed behind.
And also try to understand the Hadeeth, first) these are sayings of one companion of the prophet...right not the prophet himself.....
I don't say that Muhammad didn't say so, he said same as mentioned, but not for all leavers of Islam. The companoin is in anger and he said so.....
second) Islam is not rested upon only one Hadeeth that you have mentioned here, Islam looks all metters behined and then apply the verdiction. like the example of lion "not craze ready to beat every one".....
some other places in Hadeeth it's also mentioned that "If any non Muslim gets shelter in your home; give him shelter and then support him to leave at the safe place"
to understand Islam, we can't rest at one sentance, we need to look as a whole teachings.....

Yes to call people to faith, but how is the execution of hypocrites doing this? What this actually achieves is keeping people in the faith by fear, leaving a hypocrite to live out his short life would not affect the muslims duty to call people to faith.
I have already mentioned, the Hadeeth you narrate was for Hypocrites, coz non Muslims whenever sees benefit in Islam they used to accept and after getting benefit they leave. And i have interperated in my first answer according to Hypocrites. And it is the common sense that "A lion beats who tease"

Well you know Islam a whole lot better than I do Summia and I respect your right to believe as you do. Someone who leaves Christianity is regarded as a pig that returns to it's filth after it has been washed or a dog that returns to it's vomit to eat it. (They have returned to their previous sinful ways). Amongst the Christian community that person is disgraced and has to live with the lurking fear of a day of a frightful day of judgement and indignation. Do you consider this to be weak?
can be weak or can not be weak depending upon two situations:
1) Someone leaves in his innocence and came back, in that situation if he is treated so will be weak.
2) If someone has full sense and go out for his greed or some any other self pupose, treating same as you mentioned will be better but best is, if he not repent then must be killed rather disgracing, coz God's creature should not be disgraced. Killing means send him towards Lord and whatever the matter will be him be handled by God.

But if they killed us what lesson do we learn from that?
Look, what the example I hav mentioned you not from Muslims side, from God side, that was the response for "why God is firce?as he loves us so much?"
As you mentioed in your previous post that "God is benevolent and Mercyful" I said not only benevolent and Mercyful but also firce in punishment as our parents are. and that was just a short example, coz parents don't do justice as they are selfish about their Children. But God is not selfish about His creature, His response is justice.....

I hope I hav covered a lot, if still any problem then I will be here pual!
coz I love to reply for those who take positive towards other.....:)

summia

Scriptural reader
How it be glorified paul!
think if someone is leaving after accepting and he comes for Hypocracy, how can he realize the truth and righteousness, if he is already a rolling stone...

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
i don't feel it's appropriate to interrupt the thread by this discussion,

Paul, start a new thread i f you want to go on with disscussion ,please

Sorry Maro, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was on topic as I was discussing a hadith. But this is perhaps better discussed between Muslims and I have my answers now so i'll bow out of the thread.

summia

Scriptural reader
Sorry Maro, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was on topic as I was discussing a hadith. But this is perhaps better discussed between Muslims and I have my answers now so i'll bow out of the thread.
Don't lose pual!
You can come to another thread here, I'm going to post "Misconceptions about Islam"
Infact this thread was not for discussing misconceptions....
Plz come to that post, :)

Cordoba

“Abandon desire for this world, and God will love you.

Abandon desire for others’ goods, and people will love you.”

(Hadith in Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

"By him who has my life in his hand, you will not enter paradise until you embrace islam and you will not be muslims until you love each other.

Spread Salaam so that love will grow in you. And refrain from malice (and hatred) becasue it is what cuts off. I do not tell you that it cuts off hair but that it cuts of religion.

(Hadith in Abu dawood, Tirmizi, Ibn majah, Ahmad)

Cordoba

The Example of a Good Friend

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace." [/FONT]