• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Abu Huraira said, "I heard Allah's Apostle saying,

'There is none born among the off-spring of Adam, but Satan touches it. A child therefore, cries loudly at the time of birth because of the touch of Satan, except Mary and her child."

Then Abu Huraira recited: "And I seek refuge with You for her and for her offspring from the outcast Satan" (3.36)

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

On the authority of Sufyan ibn `Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) who narrated:

I said, "O Messenger of Allah, tell me something of Islam which I will not ask anyone else about it." He (peace be upon him) said,

"Say, 'I believe in Allah' and then be steadfast."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"Verily, Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth but He looks to your hearts and to your deeds"

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"If something befalls you, don’t say: If only I would have done such and such, rather say: Allah foreordained this, and whatever He wishes, He does; for verily the phrase ‘if only I would have’ makes way for the work of Satan"

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,

"Whoever wishes to be strong should rely on Allah."

Cordoba

"Hasten to do good deeds before you are overtaken by one of the seven afflictions.''

Then (giving a warning) he said, "Are you waiting for poverty which will make you unmindful of devotion, or prosperity which will make you corrupt, or a disease which will disable you, or senility which will make you mentally unstable, or sudden death which will take you all of a sudden, or Ad-Dajjal who is the worst expected, or the Hour; and the Hour will be most grievous and most bitter.''

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"None of you should wish for death. If he is righteous, perhaps he may add to (his) good works, and if he is a sinner, possibly he may repent (in case he is given a longer life).''

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"The servants God loves most are those most sincere with God’s servants.” [/FONT]

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)

Cordoba

"When a Muslim visits a sick Muslim at dawn, seventy thousand angels keep on praying for him till dusk.

If he visits him in the evening, seventy thousand angels keep on praying for him till the morning; and he will have (his share of) reaped fruits in Jannah (Paradise)."

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"Piety is good manner, and sin is that which creates doubt and you do not like people to know of it.''

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

“Avoid that which I forbid you to do and do that which I command you to do to the best of your capacity. Verily the people before you were destroyed only because of their excessive questioning and their disagreement with their Prophets.”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

Cordoba

“What enables people to enter Paradise more than anything is piety and good character.”

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

“Fasting the day of `Ashura' (is of great merits), I hope that Allah will accept it as an expiation for (the sins committed in) the previous year”

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

P.S. The Day of Ashura which Muslims celebrate is the day when God saved Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) from Pharoah.

This year it will be on Monday 29 January

Cordoba

"Piety is that which contents the soul and comforts the heart, and sin is that which causes doubts and perturbs the heart, even if people pronounce it lawful and give you verdicts on such matters again and again."

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"He is not one of us who does not show mercy to our young ones and does not honor our elders."[/FONT]

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him said:

“May God have mercy on a servant who spoke well and gained good, or kept silent and avoided harm.”

(Ibn al-Mubarak)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Allah makes the way to Paradise easy for him who treads the Path in search of knowledge[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“A Muslim never gives a fellow Muslim a better gift than wisdom through which God increases him in guidance or turns him away from harmful behavior.” [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bayhaqi)

Cordoba

"Ruined are those who insist on hardship in matters of the faith" - He repeated this three times

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)