• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace be upon him) told what Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.

O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.

O son of Adam were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.

(Hadith Qudsi)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"Whenever a Muslim visits a brother who is ill or merely goes to meet his brother, then Allah says: 'You are holy; your walking is holy; you have arranged your abode in Paradise."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"I and the one who takes responsibility for an orphan, whether his own kin or of others, will be in paradise thus," and he pointed his forefinger and the middle finger with a slight space between them (to indicate how close he would be to the Prophet in Paradise).[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Leave that which makes you in doubt for that which does not make you doubt.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Look at those who are inferior to you (in wealth) and do not look at those who are superior to you, for this will keep you from belittling Allah's Favour to you.''[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Allah has pardoned for me my people for [their] mistakes and [their] forgetfulness and for what they have done under duress.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]'The most perfect of the believers in faith is the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest of you to their wives'[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi).

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said:

'From the perfection of a person’s Islam is his leaving alone what does not concern him'

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"Eat a light meal before daybreak (i.e. dawn) during Ramadan. A blessing is attached to this meal"

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"Do not crave for property lest you should be absorbed in the desire of worldly life.''

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Two hungry wolves let loose in a flock of sheep do not cause so much damage to the flock as does the love of wealth and vanity to one's religion.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)
[/FONT]

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"The person who observes the fast of Ramadan with faith and attention will obtain the forgiveness of his past faults.

The person who prays during the Night of Power* with faith and attention will obtain the forgiveness of his past faults."

(Hadith in Sahih Bukhari)

* The Night of Power (Laylat Al-Qadr) is one of the last 10 nights in Ramadan

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Beware of injustice, for oppression will be darkness on the Day of Resurrection"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

God has said, 'To fast for Me is to give up eating, drinking and satisfying your passions.

The fast is for My sake and I will recompense the person who fasts and repay all his good actions tenfold."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“A kind word is charity.”[/FONT] [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“Be mindful of God wherever you are, and follow up any misdeed you might do with a good deed that will wipe it out (being weightier in the scale). And deal with people on the basis of good character.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"When you break the fast, do so with dates. If you cannot find any dates, break the fast with water, because it is pure."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The most virtuous behavior is to engage those who sever relations, to give to those who withhold from you, and to forgive those who wrong you.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in At-Tabarani)

Cordoba

"The poor will enter Paradise five hundred years before the rich.''

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)