• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Allah loves that if one does a job he perfects it."[/FONT]

Cordoba

"Allah does not look at your bodies nor your forms but He looks at your hearts and your actions."

(Hadith in Riyad as-Saliheen)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"People will enter the Garden (i.e. Paradise) whose hearts are like the hearts of birds." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

It is said that this means those who trust in Allah, and it is said that it means their hearts are tender.

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should be good to his neighbours.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should be generous to his guest. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should say what is good or be silent."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Tread the middle way and be upright but know that none of you will be saved by what he does." They said, "Not even you, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Not even me unless Allah covers me with mercy and bounty from him." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) used to supplicate:

"O Allah, make the provisions of the family of Muhammad bare subsistence.''

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Belief has over sixty branches. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The best of them is the words, 'There is no god but Allah' and the least of them is to remove an obstacle from the road." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Allah will relieve anyone who relieves a believer of one of the afflictions of this world, of one of the afflictions of the Day of Rising. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Allah will give ease in this world and the Next to anyone who eases the hardship of another. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Allah will veil anyone who veils another Muslim in this world and the Next. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Allah will help His slave as long as His slave is helping his brother."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Anyone who shows the way to something good has the same reward as the person who does it."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Pay the worker his wages before his sweat dries"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]'Jibril (Angel Gabriel) continued to advise me to be good to my neighbour until I thought that he would have me make him my heir.'" [/FONT]

(Agreed upon)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"When Allah created creation, He wrote in a book which is with Him above the Throne, 'My mercy predominates over My anger.'"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"No young man honours an old man on account of his age without Allah decreeing for him one who will honour him in his old age." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]A man asked the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), "Which act in Islam is the best?'' [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]He (peace be upon him) replied:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"To feed (the poor and the needy) and to greet those whom you know and those you do not know.''[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"O son of Adam, if you spend the surplus, it will be better for you; and if you retain it, it will be bad for you. You will not be reprimanded for keeping what is enough for your need. Begin with those who are your dependents, and the upper hand (i.e., the one that spends in the way of Allah) is better than the lower hand (i.e., the one that receives charity.)''[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Do not hoard; otherwise, Allah will withhold from you.''[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

"The food for two suffices for three; and the food for three suffices for four persons.''

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"On the Day of Judgment, every servant of God will remain standing (before Him) until he is questioned about his life and how he spent it; about his knowledge and how he utilized it; about his wealth, from where he acquired it and in what (activities) he spent it; and about his body as to how he used it."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Selflessness and Sympathy[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]
[/FONT]
Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

Once we were on a journey with the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) when a rider came and began looking right and left. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Whoever has an extra mount should offer it to him who is without it, and whoever has surplus food should give it to him who has nothing;'' and he continued mentioning other properties until we thought that none of us had any right to surplus of his own property.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)