• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"Seven people Allah will give them His Shade on the Day when there would be no shade but the Shade of His Throne (i.e., on the Day of Resurrection):

And they are: a just ruler; a youth who grew up with the worship of Allah; a person whose heart is attached to the mosques, two men who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah; a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer and) says: `I fear Allah'; a man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given; and a man who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes become tearful".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

Cordoba

Treasure five things before five: Your youth before old-age; your health before illness; your wealth before poverty; your free time before becoming occupied, and your life before death.

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"Whoever establishes the prayers during the nights of Ramadan faithfully out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not for showing off) all his past sins will be forgiven."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"No one has given his children anything better than adab (i.e. good manners)"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"The worst among the servants of Allah are those who gossip and create rifts between friends." [/FONT]

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

“Exchange gifts, and mutual love arises; shake hands, and enmity will fall away".

(Hadith reported by Ibn-Asakir)

Cordoba

“May God have mercy on a servant who spoke well and gained good, or kept silent and avoided harm.”

(Hadith reported by Ibn Al-Mubarak)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon said:

Allah, the Exalted, has said:

`O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins.

O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you.

O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth.'''

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"When one of you is invited to a marriage feast, he should go to it."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]One who is riding should salute one who is walking, one who is walking should salute one who is sitting and a small company should salute a large one.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari & Muslim).

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]When a man makes a loan to another, he must not accept a present. [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"One beneficial scholar is better than a thousand worshipful devotees.” [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Daylami)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said (to one of his companions):

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Young man, if you are mindful about God He will be mindful of you, and if you are mindful of God you will find Him before you. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]When you ask for anything ask it from God, and if you seek help seek in God. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Know that if the people were to unite to do you some benefit they could benefit you only with what God had recorded for you and that if they were to unite to do you some injury they could injure you only with what God had recorded for you. The pens are withdrawn and the pages are dry. [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Three (things) follow a dead person: Members of his family, his property and his deeds. Two of them return; and one remains with him. The people and his wealth return; his deeds remain with him".[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“A kind word is charity.”[/FONT] [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace be upon him) told what Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]O' My servants, you commit error night and day, and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon. [/FONT]

(Hadith Qudsi Reported by Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Help your brother whether he is the doer of wrong or wrong is done to him." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]They (his companions) said, "O Messenger of Allah! We can help a man to whom wrong is done, but how could we help him when he is the doer of wrong?" [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]He said: "Prevent him from doing wrong."[/FONT]

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"On the Day of Judgment, every servant of God will remain standing (before Him) until he is questioned about his life and how he spent it; about his knowledge and how he utilized it; about his wealth, from where he acquired it and in what (activities) he spent it; and about his body as to how he used it." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

“A Muslim never gives a fellow Muslim a better gift than wisdom through which God increases him in guidance or turns him away from harmful behavior.”

(Hadith in Al-Bayhaqi)