• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) Health and free time for doing good."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A strong believer is better and dearer to Allah than a weak one, and both are good. Adhere to that which is beneficial for you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keep asking Allah for help and do not refrain from it. (If you are afflicted in any way), do not say: 'If I had taken this or that step, it would have resulted into such and such,' but say only: 'Allah so determined and did as He willed.' The word 'if' opens the gates of satanic (thoughts)[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leave what you have doubt about to that which you have no doubt about; for it is truth that brings peace of mind and it is falsehood that brings doubt[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][/FONT]

(Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Prophet used to stand (in the prayer) or pray till both his feet or legs swelled. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He was asked why (he offered such an unbearable prayer) and he said, "should I not be a thankful slave."[/FONT]

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said,:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."[/FONT]

Cordoba

A person asked Allah's Apostle:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"What (sort of) deeds in or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He replied: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you don't know."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"If a man spends on his family (with the intention of having a reward from Allah) sincerely for Allah's sake then it is a (kind of) alms-giving in reward for him.

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allah, Praise and Glory be to Him, says in a Hadith Qudsi:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][O son of Adam, devote yourself to worshipping Me; and I will enrich your heart and suffice your poverty; but if you do not do so, I will fill your heart with preoccupation and I will not suffice your poverty][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][O My Worshipper, I created you to worship Me so do not act with levity and I have alloted your livelihood so do not toil; if it decreases do not grieve over it and if it increases do not rejoice. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And if you are content with your portion then you will relieve your body and mind and in the sight of Me, your Lord, you will be raised and be one of the praised.. and if you are not content with your portion I will exhaust your body and mind and in the sight of Me, you will be debased and be dispraised..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By My Exaltedness and Sublimity, I will give this world mastery over you, and you will race therein like the wild beast in the open space, then you will not obtain except what I had alloted for you][/FONT]

http://www.mouassa.org/English/HadithKodseyBook.htm#Satisfaction%20With%20Sufficiency

[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"From among the portents of the Hour are (the following):[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Religious knowledge will be taken away (by the death of Religious learned men)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. (Religious) ignorance will prevail[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Drinking of Alcoholic drinks (will be very common)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse"[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The keys of the unseen knowledge are five which nobody knows but Allah . . . nobody knows what will happen tomorrow; nobody knows what is in the womb; nobody knows what he will gain tomorrow; nobody knows at what place he will die; and nobody knows when it will rain."[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"If anyone of you enters a mosque, he should pray two Rakat (units of prayer) before sitting."[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Whoever is pleased that he be granted more wealth and that his lease of life be prolonged, then he should keep good relations with his Kith and kin[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred parts and He kept its ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down its one part on the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it." [/FONT]

God is Most Merciful, and on the Day of Judgment His Mercy will prevail

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

"Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

Cordoba

"The son of Adam (i.e. man) grows old and so also two (desires) grow old with him, i.e., love for wealth and (a wish for) a long life."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"If the son of Adam (the human being) had two valley of money, he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of Adam's son except dust, and Allah forgives him who repents to Him."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Faith is composed of seventy and more branches, of the highest is belief in La 'ilaha 'illa Allahu (to deny all gods but Allah) and the lowest is the removal of an obstacle from the road and 'Al Haya (modesty, piety, chastity) is an integral part of Faith.[/FONT]

(Reported by Bukhari and Muslim)