• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

A man asked the Prophet, peace be upon him:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?[/FONT]

The Prophet, peace be upon him, replied:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To feed the poor and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not know.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]None of you will have faith till he wishes for his brother what he likes for himself.[/FONT]

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The reward of deeds depends upon the intention and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Apostle, then his emigration was for Allah and His Apostle. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for.[/FONT]

Cordoba

Whoever observes fasts during the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven.

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If a man spends on his family (with the intention of having a reward from Allah) sincerely for Allah's sake then it is a (kind of) alms-giving in reward for him.[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Facilitate things to people (concerning religious matters), and do not make it hard for them and give them good tidings and do not make them run away (from Islam).[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](And remember) that this nation (true Muslims) will keep on following Allah's teachings strictly and they will not be harmed by any one going on a different path till Allah's order (Day of Judgment) is established.[/FONT]

Cordoba

Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases.

(The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously;

(the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others.

yousaf

in a hadeeth allah (swt) says : whoever draws near to me ( the length of) one hand, then i draw near to him ( the length) of 2 hands, and who so ever draws near to me by walking , i draw nearer to him by running

Cordoba

A person cannot be a true Muslim until he wishes the same for his brother as he wishes for himself

Cordoba

“The gates of Paradise are opened on Mondays and Thursdays, and every slave who does not associate anything with Allah is forgiven, except a man between whom and his brother is some grudge.

It is said: Wait for these two until they reconcile, wait for these two until they reconcile, wait for these two until they reconcile.”

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

A man asked the Prophet,

"O Allah's Apostle! What kind of charity is the best?"

He replied:

"To give in charity when you are healthy and greedy hoping to be wealthy and afraid of becoming poor.

Don't delay giving in charity till the time when you are on the death bed when you say, 'Give so much to so-and-so and so much to so-and so,' and at that time the property is not yours but it belongs to so-and-so (i.e. your inheritors)."

Cordoba

"Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

Cordoba

Whoever goes out to seek knowledge is on the path of Allah, until he returns

(Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

The Prophet used to stand (in the prayer) or pray till both his feet or legs swelled.
He was asked why (he offered such an unbearable prayer) and he said,

"Should I not be a thankful slave."

Cordoba

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said,

"O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?"

The Prophet said, "Your mother."

The man said. "Who is next?"

The man further said, "Who is next?"

The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?"

The Prophet said, "Your father. "

yousaf

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said,

"O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?"

The man said. "Who is next?"

The man further said, "Who is next?"

The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?"

The Prophet said, "Your father. "

so in short your mother gets gold medal, silver medal, bronze medal, father is stuck with mere consolation prize. this is the status islam gives to women

Cordoba

"Whenever I stand for prayer, I want to prolong it but on hearing the cries of a child, I would shorten it as I dislike to put its mother in trouble."

* This is the case on congregational prayer, where the prophet used to shorten it if he heard a child cry in order that the mother of the child could pick him up after the end of the prayer

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I guarantee a house in the surroundings of paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he is in the right, a house in the middle of paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he is joking, and a house in the upper part of paradise for a man who makes his character good."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Abu Dawood)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Whoever is pleased that he be granted more wealth and that his lease of life be prolonged, then he should keep good relations with his Kith and kin[/FONT]