• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"When a man tells you something in confidence, you must not betray his trust."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Abu Dawud)

No0ne

None

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"When a man tells you something in confidence, you must not betray his trust."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Abu Dawud)

Would there not be a reason of why or why not should be done?

For thought's so great, for would they be said with no reason why man should not betray the trust of another man?

For would the answer be that Allah demand's such? Or would thy Allah have a reason as pure as that of which you have spoken?

Please will you spare your time to share?
For I have spared mine

Cordoba

Thank you for your question and welcome to the forum

Morals and ethics, such as truthfulness, honesty, compassion, .. etc are part of the Guidance we have from our Creator to live a good and decent life here on earth

Keeping trusts and the confidence of others is an important part of morals and ethics in Islam

Why would God guide us to morals and ethics?

Because it is in our best collective interest to live in peace with other members of society

He guide us to what is beneficial for us, as He cares for us and He loves us ...

No0ne

None
What do you define as "good"?

And if such a creator of this vast exitence walked in your shoe's and lived life and seen life as you do and seen it all in the point of view and perception that you see, would not such a creator see that thy would want to be guided to such "good" moral's and ethic's within this existence?

For could such be the reason such a creator would bless us with such a guided path to such a life?

Hence, such would want such done onto it's self, therefore see's why such should be placed onto another.

Hence, if I spoke to you in confidence, do not betray my trust. Why should you not, for I would not betray your's.

How more sweet can an answer be to a question of why? if it not start with because...

Do you see the word "good" as defined as an action the give's to man, and dose not take from man, and if it take's from man it give's back equaly to that of whom was taken from? or That which can be seen to benefit one's self and another?

Thank you for sharing your time, and wisdom

Please share your thought's of what I have typed, without fear of what I might think of you, for I have allway's given everyone's thought's and wisdom the same amount of respect as my own.

I will be waiting delagently for your answer on what the action "good" mean's to you or another.

Once again thank you for your time in reading the reply.

Cordoba

The general definition of what is good is known to all people by intuition

And that comes from our conscience

We know for example that to help those in need is good, and to lie is bad

These are universal ethics shared by most of humanity

To know the more specific details of what is good, Muslims follow the Guidance of the Creator

If you like to debate the issue of good vs. bad, you could do that on the debates forum

All the best

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"If a man commits something to your care, be sure to return it to him. Never betray anyone's trust, not even if the person concerned has failed to stand by his commitments to you."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"The best of you are those who are slow to anger and swift to cool down ...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Beware of anger, for it is a live coal on the heart of the descendants of Adam." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Beware of injustice, for oppression will be darkness on the Day of Resurrection"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"O Allah, grant my soul piety and purify it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]You are the best to purify the souls. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]You are its Creator and Sustainer[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](Hadith in Sahih Muslim)[/FONT]

Cordoba

"The best alms is that which you give when you are rich, and you should start first to support your dependants."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"One prayer in my Mosque (in Madinah) is better than one thousand prayers in any other mosque except Al-Masjid-AI-Haram (in Makkah)."

Cordoba

"The heart of an old man remains young in two respects, i.e., his love for the world (its wealth, amusements and luxuries) and his incessant hope."

Cordoba

"When Allah created the Creation, He wrote in His Book--and He wrote (that) about Himself, and it is placed with Him on the Throne--'Verily My Mercy overcomes My Anger.'"

Cordoba

"A true good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan."

Nehustan

It is authentically reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah (ra ) that the Prophet (saas ) said: "Allah (swt ), Most Blessed, Most High, says: "The son of Adam wrongs Me: He curses time, though I am time: In My Hands are all things and I cause the night to follow the day." In another narration, He (saas ) says: "Do not curse time, for verily, time is Allah (swt )."

(Narrated by Bukhari)

Link

*Paul*

Jesus loves you

"One prayer in my Mosque (in Madinah) is better than one thousand prayers in any other mosque except Al-Masjid-AI-Haram (in Makkah)."

Is there a reason why a prayer in a mosque is any better than one said at home?

Cordoba

Welcome Paul, and thank you for your question

God accepts prayers anywhere, but in Islam some places are more special than others, and also some months are more special than others, like the month of Ramadan for example

Mosques are God's Houses on earth, and going to a mosque for prayer is encouraged in Islam and has a special reward.

It's encouraged in order to meet other members of the community, neighbours, ... etc. Praying in congregation in Islam on Friday and five times a day, when possible, is one of the means for creating social cohesion among believers.

In addition to our individual relation with God, Islam is all about being in a community, caring for others and helping those in need. The mosque is an important place for Muslims to meet and relate with others

Praying in a mosque is also encouraged because it's a place for learning. Gaining knowledge is very important in Islam in order to get closer to God and to follow the Straight Path ...

As for prayers said at home they are also encouraged in Islam in all "extra" prayers, which we call (Sunnah) prayers. Praying late at night for example and before dawn is encouraged to be done at home where no one else is watching.

In general terms, obligatory prayers (i.e. the 5 daily prayers) are encouraged in congregation, while extra Sunnah prayers are better performed at home

Cordoba

"All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse."

They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will refuse?"

He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)

Cordoba

"Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allah's is the most regular and constant even though it were little."