• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said,

"Do not disdain a good deed, (no matter how small it may seem) even if it is your meeting with your brother with a cheerful face.''

[Sahih Muslim]

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"Allah's messenger, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, used to breathe three times in the course of a drink."
Reported by Bukhari and Muslim.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) forbade breathing or blowing into a vessel."
Narrate by Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah

Cordoba

Assalamo Alaikom Sister Peace:

Welcome back.

This is a Hadith Qudsi from the collection of 40 Qudsi Hadith:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah Almighty has said:

"The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so.

As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him.

As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me."

(1) i.e., bring me back to life after death.

Hadith related by al-Bukhari (also by an-Nasa'i).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"A Muslim has five duties towards another Muslim; to return a salutation, visit the sick, follow funerals, accept an invitation and say 'Allah have mercy on you' when one sneezes."
Transmitted by Bukhari, Muslim.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "A man must not make another get up from his place and then occupy it himself, but you should spread out and make room."
(Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim )

Peace

Quran & Sunnah

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle peace be upon him said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."

Peace

Quran & Sunnah

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

Peace

Quran & Sunnah

Narrated the mother of believers 'Aisha (Prophet's wife):

(the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.

The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of Muhammad, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my son! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran):

'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."

Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 1, Number 3

Peace

Quran & Sunnah

Narrated Mujahid:

'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death." Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 76, Number 425

Peace

Quran & Sunnah

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that." Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 70, Number 545

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry."
(Bukhari, Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "A good or bad companion is like one who carries musk and one who blows the bellow. The one who carries musk may give you some, or you may buy some from him, or you may feel a fragrance from him; but the one who blows the bellows might burn your clothing, or you may feel a bad smell from him."
(Bukhari, Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said" "Those who are merciful have mercy shown them by the Compassionate One, if you show mercy to those who are in the earth, He Who is in heaven will show mercy to you."
(Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: “Seventy thousand of my people will enter paradise without being taken to account. They are those who do not use spells or take omens, but put their trust in their Lord
(Bukhari, Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Abu Huraira narrated: The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Time will pass rapidly, good deeds will decrease, miserliness will be thrown (in the hearts of the people) afflictions will appear and there will be much 'Al-Harj." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is "Al-Harj?" He said, "Killing! Killing!"
(Hadith No. 63, Vol. 8)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
On the authority of Abu Abbaas Abdullah the son of Abbass (may Allah be pleased with them), who said: One day I was behind the Prophet peace be upon them [riding on the same mount] and he said to me:
"Young man, if you are mindful about Allah He will be mindful of you, and if you are mindful of Allah you will find Him before you. When you ask for anything ask it from Allah, and if you seek help seek in Allah. Know that if the people were to unite to do you some benefit they could benefit you only with what Allah had recorded for you and that if they were to unite to do you some injury they could injure you only with what Allah had recorded for you. The pens are withdrawn and the pages are dry."
(Ahmad, Tirmidhi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: "That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two if them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honour, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around the sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart. "
(Bukhari, Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said:"It is better that a person should take a rope and bring a bundle of wood on his back to sell so that Allah may preserve his honour, than that he should beg from people, (regardless of) whether they give to him or refuse him."
(Bukhari, Muslim
).