• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
It is reported that the Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said: "Never is a believer stricken with discomfort, hardship, illness, grief or even with mental worry except that his/her sins are expiated thereby"

This Hadith was related in Sahih Muslim, Book 032, Number 6242

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Prophet peace be upon said: "Nothing but supplication averts the decree, and nothing but righteousness increases life."
(Related by Tirmidhi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "Righteousness is good character, and sin is that which revolves in your heart and which you do not want people to know."
(Related by Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day should honour his guest; he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not annoy his neighbours; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should say what is good or keep silent."

(Related by Bukhari & Muslim).

Cordoba

I have a feeling sister Peace may be a bit too busy during the last few days of Ramadan, so till she comes back, here is a Hadith for today:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.

O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.

O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

Related by at-Tirmidhi

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them.

Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them.

Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

Related by Muslim

The moral of this hadith is that God forgives sins when a believer sincerely repents, even if committed again. All what is needed if that happens is to sincerely repent to God again and ask Him to forgive.

He is The All-Merciful, The All-Forgiving.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said:
'Allah (God) the Exalted and Majestic said: Every act of the son of Adam is for him, except fasting. It is (exclusively) meant for Me and I (alone) will eward it. Fasting is a shield. When any one of you is fasting on a day, he should neither indulge in obscene language, nor raise the voice; or if anyone reviles him or tries to quarrel with him he should say: I am a person fasting. By Him, in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad, the breath of the observer of fast is sweeter to Allah on the Day of judgment than the fragrance of musk. The one who fasts has two (occasions) of joy, one when he breaks the fast he is glad with the breaking of (the fast) and one when he meets his Lord he is glad with his fast.'

Sahih Muslim Book 006, Number 2566.

What is fasting and Ramadan?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Cordoba said:
Welcome back Sister Faith.

Best wishes for the last week of Ramadan.

Salamu 'alaikum brother Cordoba and thank you for keeping my thread going on in my absence, Jazak Allah khayran!
May Allah enable you and me and all the Muslims to increase our good deeds and worship in the remaining blessed days of Ramadan!
Time is really flying by...

Salam
Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Anas Bin Malik (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Should I not show you your sickness and its remedy? Your sickness is sinning and your remedy is to seek forgiveness (istighfaar)."
(Related by Baihaqi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Allah the Almighty says in a Hadith Qudsi: "He who does a good deed will have ten times the amount of blessings, and I [Allah] shall give more, but he who does an evil deed will have an equivalent reward of evil, or I shall grant forgiveness. If anyone draws the length of a span near Me, I shall draw the length of a cubit near him, and if anyone draws the length of a cubit near Me, I shall draw the length of a fathom near him. If anyone comes to Me walking I shall come to him at a run, and if anyone meets me with sins of the size of the earth, but has not associated anything with Me, I shall meet him a similar amount of forgiveness."
(Related by Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Jabir
anhu.gif
narrates from Prophet Muhammed
Salam.gif
, "Whoever does supplicate (pray) to Allah, Allah fulfills his seeking or in exchange averts misfortune until the supplication is not related to sin or breaking some relation."

(Related by Tirmidi)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
'Ubadah bin Al-Samit, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) observed: "He who says: There is no god but Allah, He is One and there is no associate with Him, that Muhammad is His servant and His messenger, that Christ is His servant and the son of His female-slave and he (Christ) is His word which He communicated to Mary and is a spirit from Him, that Paradise is a fact and Hell is a fact, Allah would make him enter Paradise through anyone of its eight doors which he would like".
(Related by Muslim)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The angels took away the soul of a person who had lived among people who were before you. They (the angels) said: Did you do anything good? He said: No. They said: Try to recall. He said: I used to lend to people and order my servants to give respite to one in straitened circumstances and give allowance to the solvent. Thereupon, Allah, the Exalted and Majestic, said (to the angels): Give him allowance (I forgive him).

(Related by Muslim)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Verily Allah created the universe and when He had finished that, ties of relationship came forward and said: This is the place for him who seeks refuge from severing (of blood-relationship). He said: Yes. Are you not satisfied that I should keep relationship with one who joins your ties of relationship and sever it with one who severs your (ties of relationship)? They (the ties of blood) said: Certainly so. Thereupon He said: Well, that is for you. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) then said: Recite if you like:
B2.gif
Would you then, if you were given the authority, do mischief in the land, and sever your ties of kinship? Such are they whom Allâh has cursed, so that He has made them deaf and blinded their sight Do they not then think deeply in the Qur'ân, or are their hearts locked up (from understanding it)?
B1.gif

This hadith is Related by Muslim

Cordoba

Assalamo Alaikom Sister Peace:

This is to wish you and your family a Happy Eid.

Eid Mubarak In-Shaa-Allah.

Salam and all the best.

Cordoba

On the authority of Ibn Abbas that the messenger of Allah said:

"Allah has pardoned for me my people for [their] mistakes and [their] forgetfulness and for what they have done under duress."

A fine hadith related by Ibn Majah

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Cordoba said:
Assalamo Alaikom Sister Peace:

This is to wish you and your family a Happy Eid.

Eid Mubarak In-Shaa-Allah.

Salam and all the best.
Wa 'alaikum salam brother Cordoba,

Thank you so much for your wishes!! Eid Mubarak said for you and your family as well!! May our dear God accept our fasting and good deeds, ameen!!

Salam,
Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "He is not a true believer who eats his fill while his neighbour is hungry"

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Narrated 'Aisha the mother of believers:
Once the Prophet PBUH came while a woman was sitting with me. He said, "Who is she?" I replied, "She is so and so," and told him about her (excessive) praying. He said disapprovingly, "Do (good) deeds which is within your capacity (without being overtaxed) as Allah does not get tired (of giving rewards) but (surely) you will get tired and the best deed (act of Worship) in the sight of Allah is that which is done regularly."
Related by Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 41