• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
While we were sitting with the Prophet in the mosque, a man came riding on a camel. He made his camel kneel down in the mosque, tied its foreleg and then said: "Who amongst you is Muhammad?" At that time the Prophet was sitting amongst us (his companions) leaning on his arm. We replied, "This white man reclining on his arm." The man then addressed him, "O Son of 'Abdul Muttalib."
The Prophet said, "I am here to answer your questions." The man said to the Prophet, "I want to ask you something and will be hard in questioning. So do not get angry." The Prophet said, "Ask whatever you want." The man said, "I ask you by your Lord, and the Lord of those who were before you, has Allah sent you as an Apostle to all the mankind?" The Prophet replied, "By Allah, yes." The man further said, "I ask you by Allah. Has Allah ordered you to offer five prayers in a day and night (24 hours).? He replied, "By Allah, Yes." The man further said, "I ask you by Allah! Has Allah ordered you to observe fasts during this month of the year (i.e. Ramadan)?" He replied, "By Allah, Yes." The man further said, "I ask you by Allah. Has Allah ordered you to take Zakat (obligatory charity) from our rich people and distribute it amongst our poor people?" The Prophet replied, "By Allah, yes." Thereupon that man said, "I have believed in all that with which you have been sent, and I have been sent by my people as a messenger, and I am Dimam bin Tha'laba from the brothers of Bani Sa'd bin Bakr."

Related by Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 3, Number 63

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."

Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Allah's Apostle peace be upon him said, "If any one of you improve (follows strictly) his Islamic religion then his good deeds will be rewarded ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and a bad deed will be recorded as it is."Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 40

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammad pbuh said" "Do duaa (supplication) to Allah with this confidence that HE will accept it and know this well that Allah doesn't accept the supplication done with a negligent and careless heart."

(Related by Tirmizi)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Ibn 'Abbas, may Allah be pleased with them, narrated:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) transmitted it from the Blessed and Great Lord: Verily Allah recorded the good and the evil and then made it clear that he who intended good but did not do it, Allah recorded one complete virtue in his favor, but if he intended it and also did it, the Glorious and Great Allah recorded ten to seven hundred virtues and even more to his credit. But if he intended evil but did not commit it, Allah wrote down one full virtue in his favor. If he intended that and also committed it, Allah made an entry of one evil against him.

Hadith number in Sahih Muslim [Arabic only]: 187

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammad pbuh said :"Cleanliness invites towards faith, and faith leads its possessor to the Garden."
(Related by Tabarani).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said: "Seventy thousand of my people will enter paradise without being taken to account. They are those who do not use spells or take omens, but put their trust in their Lord."
(Related by Bukhari, Muslim).

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah Almighty has said:

The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.

(1) i.e., bring me back to life after death.

Hadith related by al-Bukhari (also by an-Nasa'i).

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/hadithqudsi.html#hadith2

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) said:

I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.

Hadith related by Muslim (also by Ibn Majah).

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/hadithqudsi.html#hadith5

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Umar b Abî Salamah relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) had told him: “Child, invoke Allah’s name, eat with your right hand, and eat from what is in front of you.”

[Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5376) and Sahîh Muslim (2022)]

This is how the Prophet (peace be upon him) reacted when `Umar b. Abî Salamah – a child eating in his company – was making a scene at the table setting, hastily grabbing food from here and there on the serving platter.

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection:

O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him?

O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me?

O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink whin You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

Hadith related by Muslim.

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/hadithqudsi.html#hadith18

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Cordoba said:
Assalamo Alaikom Sister Peace:

Welcome back. Hope all is well.
Wa 'alaikum salam brother brother Cordoba,

I am doing well alhamdulillah! Thank you for asking and for posting in this thread!

Salam,
Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Abû Mâlik al-Hârith b. `Âsim al-Ash`arî relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Purification is half of faith. The praise of Allah fills the balance. Saying ‘Glorified be Allah and praise be to Allah’ fills what is between the heavens and the Earth. Prayer is light. Charity is proof of faith. Patience is illumination. The Quran is a proof both for you and against you. Each one of us goes forth in the morning as a vendor for his soul. He either achieves its emancipation or brings it to perdition.” [Sahîh Muslim]

This hadîth deals with our conduct in many areas and how our conduct effects us in our faith. Al-Nawawî says: “This is a mighty hadîth and an important as a source for Islamic teachings. It comprises within it many important Islamic principles.” [al-Nawawî, Sharh Sahîh Muslim (3/100)] Indeed it discusses purification, the remembrance of Allah, prayer, and patience. It discusses the Qur’ân and how its teachings relate to us. Ultimately, it turns to the effects of our conduct in general.

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

Hadith related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:

Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.

Hadith related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “From the perfection of a person’s Islam is his leaving alone what does not concern him.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî and Sunan Ibn Mâjah]

This hadith sets down one of the most important principles of Islamic etiquette. Islam enjoins upon us what we should do and what we should avoid. This hadîth sets down a general rule regarding what actions and statements a Muslim should avoid, namely that he should not involve himself in matters that do not concern him. By stating that this is part of a person’s Islam, it makes it clear that Islam is the determining factor in what does and does not concern a person.

The matters that a Muslim should leave alone in order to perfect his faith are the following:

1. Everything forbidden by Islamic Law.
2. Everything that is dubious in nature or doubtful in its permissibility.
3. Everything that is permissible in itself, but superfluous and a waste of time.

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

If Allah has loved a servant [of His] He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: I love So-and-so, therefore love him.

He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him. And the inhabitants of heaven love him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him. So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth.

Hadith related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi).

Cordoba

A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I die, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else].

So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord and because of that God forgave him.

Hadith related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).