• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "Neither nurse mutual hatred, nor jealousy, nor enmity, and become as fellow brothers and servants of Allah. It is not lawful for a Muslim that he should keep his relations estranged with his brother (fellow Muslim) beyond three days."

Sahih Muslim (Book 032, Number 6205)

Cordoba

Untill Sister Peace returns back to the forum, this is a hadith for today:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (glorified and exalted be He) said:

I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.
It was related by Muslim (also by Ibn Majah).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "Adhere to truth, for truth leads to good deeds and good deeds leads him who does them to paradise. Falsehood is wickedness and wickedness leads to hell."
(Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "If you guarantee me six things on your part, I shall guarantee you paradise: speak the truth when you talk, keep a promise when you make it, when you are trusted with something fulfil your trust, avoid sexual immorality, lower your eyes and restrain your hand from injustice."
(Related by Baihaqi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "Coarse talk does not come into anything without disgracing it, and modesty does not come into anything without adorning it."
(Related by Tirmidhi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said: "Purity is half of faith. Al-hamdulillah [Praise be to Allah] fills the scales, and Subhanallah [How far is Allah from every imperfection] and Al-hamdulillah [Praise be to Allah] fill that which is between heaven and earth. Prayer is light; charity is a proof; patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin."
(Related by Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: "The believers whose faith is most perfect are those who have the best character."
(Abu Dawud, Darimi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) said: "The worst among the servants of Allah are those who gossip and create rifts between friends."
(Related by Tirmidhi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) said: "The doors of the Heavens are opened up on the first night of Ramadan. Not a single Door (among the Doors of Heaven) is then closed until the last night of Ramadhan. For every Salaat (prayer) performed during the nights of Ramadhan, Allah records one and a half thousand good deeds for every prostrationo of the prayer. And, for the fasting person, Allah creates in Paradise a mansion of red diamond. This mansion will have seven thousand entrances. (So huge will these entrances be that in each entrance will be located) a palace of gold adorned with red diamonds. When the Muslims fast the first day if Ramadan, Allah forgives all his sins committed from the first of the previous Ramadan. Daily (i.e. during Ramadan) from the time of dawn prayer until sunset, seventy thousand angels supplicate for his forgiveness. In return for every prostration which he (the fasting person) makes, of any prayer, whether during the day or night, he will obtain (such a wonderful) tree (so huge) that a horseman will take five hundred years to pass under its shade."
(Related by Baihaqi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) said: "Allah has ordained fasting in Ramadan compulsory, and I have decreed (by the command of Allah) wakefulness at night (i.e. Taraweeh prayers, etc.) Sunnat. Whoever in the state of Imaan and the belief of thawaab (reward) fasts in Ramadan and stays awake at night (i.e. for taraweeh prayers), emerges from sin, purified as the day when his mother gave birth to him."
(Related by Nisai).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: "Fasting is a shield and a powerful fortress."
(Related by Ahmad, & Baihaqi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Abu Huraira said, The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "The most perfect of the believers in faith is the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest of you to their wives."
(Related by Tirmidhi).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Do not hate one another and be not jealous of one another and do not boycott one another, and be servants of Allah (as) brethren; and it is not lawful for a Muslim that he should sever his relations with his brother for more than three days."
(Related by Bukhari).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Anas said: I served the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) for ten years and he never said to me, "Shame!" or "Why you do such and such?" or "Why did you not do such and such."
(Related by Bukhari, Muslim).

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said: "The most virtuous behavior is to engage those who sever relations, to give to those who withhold from you, and to forgive those who wrong you"

The above Hadith was narrated by At-Tabarani. Translation by Hamza Yusuf. Taken from the book: "The Content of Character"

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said: "Whoever fails to care for our youth, respect our aged, enjoin right, and denounce wrong is not counted among us"

This Hadith was narrated by Imam Ahmad. Translation by Hamza Yusuf. Taken from the book: "The Content of Character"

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said: "Abandon desire for this world, and God will love you. Abandon desire for others' goods, and people will love you."

This Hadith was narrated byIbn Majah. Translation by Hamza Yusuf. Taken from the book: "The Content of Character"

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
It is reported that the Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said: "By Him in Whose Hand is my soul*! To take your rope and gather firewood on your back is better for you than that you come to a man to whom God has given some of His favour and ask him, so the man gives to you or refuses."

* This sentence is an oath, meaning "By God"

Malik's Muwatta, Book 58: Number 58.2.10

Cordoba

Hadith on those whom God Loves and who will be safe on The Day of Judgement

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"Seven are (the persons) whom Allah will give Shade of His Thrown on the Day when there would be no shade other than His Throne's Shade:

- A just ruler;
- A youth who grew up worshipping Allah;
- A man whose heart is attached to mosques;
- Two persons who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah;
- A man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer by saying): `I fear Allah';
- A man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given;
- And a person who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes well up".

[Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
It is reported that the Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said: ''The one who cuts family ties will not enter the Garden'
Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of Jubair bin Mutim