• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said:

"If I had gold equal to the mountain of Uhud, I would love that, before three days had passed, not a single Dinar thereof remained with me if I found somebody to accept it, excluding some amount that I would keep for the payment of my debts.''

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Make things easy for people, and do not make it difficult for them"

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]"Do not disdain a good deed, (no matter how small it may seem) even if it is meeting your brother with a cheerful face.''[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif](Hadith in Sahih Muslim)[/font]

Cordoba

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is! If you do not commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah will certainly forgive them.''

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif](Hadith Qudsi in Al-Tirmidhi)[/font]

Cordoba

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: [/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]"Allah makes the way to Paradise easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge.''[/font]

Cordoba

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Abud-Darda' (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]"Whenever a Muslim supplicates for his (Muslim) brother in his absence, the angels say: `May the same be for you too'.''[/font]

Cordoba

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases. (The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously; (the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom and he acts according to it and teaches it to others."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Being Good to Neighbours

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessing be upon him) observed:

He will not enter Paradise whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Caring for Orphans

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:

One who looks after the orphan whether he is his relative or not, I and he would be together in Paradise like this*, and Malik (explained it) with the gesture by drawing his index finger and middle finger close together.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

* Meaning he will be in Paradise very close to the prophet, peace be upon him, as taking care of orphans is a great act of mercy towards those who have nobody. God loves those who are merciful.

Cordoba

Gentleness

From Abu Hurairah who said that Allaah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

Indeed Allah is gentle and loves gentleness, and gives due to gentleness that which He does not give to harshness.

So through gentleness hearts become united in friendship and love, and good becomes widespread. Whereas through its opposite ill feelings and distrust prevails and people forsake one another.

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?part=6&category=12&id=16

Cordoba

Returning to the Truth

From Ibn 'Abbaas who said that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

There is no believing servant except that he has a sin which he commits from time to time, or a sin in which he persists in and does not abandon until he leaves this world. Indeed the believer was created as one who is frequently tried and tested, who often repents (then) forgets. When he is admonished he accepts the admonition.

So it is as is said: Returning to the truth is a virtue whereas continuing in falsehood is despicable.

Returning to the truth elevates a person and raises his rank, both with Allah and the people. Indeed it is only Satan who makes it appear to the people that returning to the truth is a defect and a slight to one's honour. This is one of the deceptions and tricks employed by Iblees. A person returning to the truth and not being too proud to accept it places him in an ideal position to appreciate.

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?part=7&category=12&id=16

Cordoba

The Muslim's Piety and Self Restraint

From an-Nu'maan ibn Basheer who said that I heard Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) say:

"That which is lawful is clear, and that which is forbidden is clear, and between them are doubtful matters about which many of the people have no knowledge.

So whoever avoids doubtful matters saves his Religion and his honour, and whoever falls into doubtful matters falls into what is forbidden. Just like a shepherd who grazes (his sheep) near to a private pasture (of another), he will soon stray on to it. Indeed for every king there is a private preserve. Indeed the preserve of Allaah are those things which He has forbidden.

Indeed there is a piece of flesh in the body which if it is good, then the whole body is good, but if it is corrupt then the whole body is corrupt. Indeed it is the heart."

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?part=13&category=12&id=16

Cordoba

Good Actions

From Abu Hurairah who said that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

Charity is due upon every joint of a person on every day that the sun rises. Administering justice between two people is an act of charity; and to help a man concerning his riding beast by helping him on to it or lifting his luggage on to it is an act of charity; a good word is charity; and every step which you take to prayer is charity; and removing that which is harmful from the road is charity.

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?part=31&category=12&id=16

Cordoba

From Sahl ibn Aa'd who said that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

Jibreel (Gabriel) came to me and said:

O Muhammad! Live as you will for you must certainly die; love whom you will since you must certainly leave him; act as you will since you shall certainly be given due reward for it; know that the believers eminence is his standing in prayer during the night, and his honour is having sufficiency without dependency upon the people.

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?part=29&category=12&id=16

Cordoba

Visiting Brothers

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]From Abu Hurairah who said that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

[/font]A man went out to visit a brother of his in a different village, so Allah, the Most High, put an angel in wait for him in the road. So when the angel came to him he said:

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Where are you going? [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]He said: I am going to visit a brother in this village. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]He said: Is it that you have done something for him for which you seek repayment? [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]He said: No, it is just that I love him for Allah's sake. He said: [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Then I am one sent by Allah to you (to inform you) that Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, loves you, just as you have loved for His sake.[/font]

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?part=35&category=12&id=16