• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"If you all depend on Allah with due reliance, He would certainly give you provision as He gives it to birds who go forth hungry in the morning and return with full belly at dusk."

(Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him,said:

“Allah is gentle and loves gentleness, and He grants reward for gentleness what is not granted for harshness.”

(Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

"O' People! Spread the greetings of peace, feed (the poor and needy), behave kindly to your relatives, offer prayer when others are asleep, and (thus) enter Paradise in peace."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

“The best deeds are those we are consistent with, even if they are small deeds.”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

“Indeed, Allah has one hundred (portions of) mercy; because of one there is compassion between creation, and ninety-nine are reserved for the Day of Resurrection.”

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"I swear by God that you shall not enter paradise until you believe.

And you shall not believe until you love each other."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhummad, peace be upon him, said:

"Whenever kindness is in a thing it adorns it, whenever it is removed from anything it disfigures it."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

“By the One in whose hand is my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you submit. You will not submit until you love one another.

Greet each other with peace and you will love one another.

Beware of hatred, for it is the razor. I do not say it shaves hair, but it shaves away the religion.”

Cordoba

"For every day on which the sun rises, there is a (reward) for the one who establishes justice among people."

Cordoba

"It is better for a leader to make a mistake in forgiving than to make a mistake in punishing."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

I'm not sure if I should be raising this issue here: do you think that Muslims HAVE to follow hadith in order to be Muslims or do you think that its possible to have a Quran only approach? I'm interested in many opinions so all opinions welcome.

Cordoba

I'm not sure if I should be raising this issue here: do you think that Muslims HAVE to follow hadith in order to be Muslims or do you think that its possible to have a Quran only approach? I'm interested in many opinions so all opinions welcome.

Assalamo Alaikom sister and welcome to the forum

As you know, a Muslim believes in the six articles of faith, and practices the five pillars of Islam

In order to practice Islam, the details of the five pillars (the shahada, how to pray, how to fast, Zakah and how to make Hajj) are not mentioned in the Qur'an, only the main foundations, principles and outline

These details, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, taught to his companions, who recorded them and they reached us through the books of Hadith. Without them our Islam would be incomplete

So yes, a Muslim is encouraged to read the Qur'an on a daily basis, and to learn his/her religion from scholars who teach both the Qur'an and the Hadith

Cordoba

"Do not turn away a poor man,even if all you can give is half a date.

If you love the poor and bring them near you, God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection."

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Assalamo Alaikom sister and welcome to the forum

As you know, a Muslim believes in the six articles of faith, and practices the five pillars of Islam

In order to practice Islam, the details of the five pillars (the shahada, how to pray, how to fast, Zakah and how to make Hajj) are not mentioned in the Qur'an, only the main foundations, principles and outline

These details, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, taught to his companions, who recorded them and they reached us through the books of Hadith. Without them our Islam would be incomplete

So yes, a Muslim is encouraged to read the Qur'an on a daily basis, and to learn his/her religion from scholars who teach both the Qur'an and the Hadith

Assalamu Alaikum! and thank you for the welcome!

I checked out your blog and left from comments, and I'm following via googl reader, some nice posts on there.

Cordoba

"If anyone continually asks pardon, Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress, and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide for him from where he did not reckon."

(Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)

Cordoba

"If you did not commit sins, Allah would sweep you out of existence and replace you by another people who would commit sins, ask for Allah's forgiveness and He would forgive them."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him:

"Verily, Allah extends His hand out at night in order to accept the repentance of the sinner by day.

And He extends His hand out during the day in order to accept the repentance of the sinner by night, until (the day) when the sun will rise from its west."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Modesty is part of faith and fosters only goodness."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"If anyone continually asks pardon, Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress, and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide for him from where he did not reckon."

(Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"If you are put in a position of authority ... fear God and act with justice."[/FONT]

(Al-Tirmidhi)