• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"The value of life compared to the Hereafter is nothing more than as if one of you plunges his finger into the sea and then gets it out, so let him realize what he has gained back."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"If the Hour is about to be established and one of you was holding a palm shoot, let him take advantage of even one second before the Hour is established to plant it."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"If you are put in a position of authority ... fear God and act with justice."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) quoted God as saying:

"O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another ...

O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you."

(Hadith Qudsi)

Cordoba

"All of the children of Adam err, and the best of those who err are the oft repenting."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"The first to be summoned to Paradise on the Day of Resurrection will be those who praise God in (both) prosperity and adversity."

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His.

They are:

(1) a just ruler;

(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah;

(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque;

(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only;

(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;

(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).

(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears.

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Parzival

I was listening to an audiobook called 'Love Is a Fire and I Am Wood: The Sufi's Mystical Journey Home' today and a Hadith quote was given which I found to be incredibly moving:

"He who knows himself, knows his Lord."

Parzival

"Verily, Almighty God has a wine for His friends, such that when they drink of it, they become intoxicated, and once they are intoxicated they become merry, and once they are merry, they become purged, and once they are purged they become melted down, and once they are melted down, they become purified, and once they become purified they arrive, and once they arrive they become united with the Divine, and once they are united with the Divine there is no distinction between them and their Beloved." - An Islamic Hadith as quoted by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee from Love Is a Fire and I Am Wood: The Sufi's Mystical Journey Home

Cordoba

It's best to keep this thread for the Hadith (sayings of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him), as it has been since the start in order not to confuse readers

Thanks
==================

“If you give the son of Adam a valley of gold he would want another one.”

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

“He has not thanked Allah who has not thanked people.”

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Sunan Abu Dawud)
[/FONT]

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]None of you is a (true) believer until he loves for his brother (his fellow Muslims) what he loves for himself"[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Whoever wishes to be saved from Hell and admitted into Paradise as desired, they should believe in Allah and the Last Day and treat other people the way they themselves would like to be treated."
[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

“Do not talk too much without remembering and mentioning Allah, for too much talk without mentioning Allah hardens the heart, and the person farthest from Allah is the one with a hard heart.”

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

“Remember Allah during times of ease and He will remember you during times of difficulty”

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The most excellent (form of) charity consists of satisfying a hungry stomach." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] “There is charity due upon every joint of the human body; every day on which the sun rises there is a reward of charity for the one who establishes justice among people.”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

“He will not enter Paradise whoever is either coarse or conceited.”

(Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)

Harithah (ra) said: “Coarse means rough and unkind.”

Cordoba

“Thinking well (of others) is part of good worship.”

(Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)