• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Kindness to Parents

Abu Hurairah may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

A person came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Who among the people is most deserving my companionship (of a kind treatment from me?)

He said: Your mother.

He, again, said: Then who (is the next one)?

He said: It is your mother (who deserves the best treatment from you). He said: Then who (is the next one)?

He (the Holy Prophet) said: It is your mother.

He (again) said: Then who? Thereupon he (The Prophet (peace be upon him)) said: It is your father.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated:

The Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) observed:

None among you will be a truthful believer till he likes for his brother or for his neighbor that which he loves for himself.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:

Charity is due on every joint of a person, every day the sun rises. Administering of justice between two men is also a charity. And assisting a man to ride upon his beast, or helping him load his luggage upon it, is a charity; and a good word is a charity; and every step that you take towards the Prayer is a charity, and removing of harmful things from the pathway is a charity.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: [/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Never does a Muslim plant a tree or a plantation from which a bird or a man or a beast eats, but that is (counted as) a charity in his favor. [/font]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: [/font]

Al-Aqra' bin Habis saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) kissing Al-Hasan (his grandson) He said: I have ten children, but I have never kissed any one of them, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:

He who does not show mercy, no mercy would be shown to him.

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif](Hadith in Sahih Muslim)[/font]

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Yahya related to me from Malik from Suhayl ibn Abi Salih from his father from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The doors of the Garden are opened on Monday and Thursday. Every muslim slave who does not associate anything with Allah is forgiven except for the man who has enmity between him and his brother. It is said, 'Leave these two until they have made a reconciliation. Leave these two until they have made a reconciliation.
(Malik Muwatta, Book 47, Number 47.4.17)

Cordoba

Welcome back, Peace.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:

Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Yasin

Assalamu Alaykum,

Allah The Most High says, 'I am with my slave when he thinks of Me and I am with him when he mentions Me. For if he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in a superior gathering. If he approaches Me by a Hands width, I approach him by an arms length; and if he approaches Me by an arms length, I approach him by two arms length. And if he comes to Me walking, I hasten to him swiftly.'
(Al-Bukhari 8/171, Muslim 4/2061; this wording is from Al-Bukhari)

Subhan Allah, when i first read this Hadith Qudsi, i could not believe how beautiful and powerful it was, it entered straight in my heart, truly how Great is Allah our Rub (Lord).

Any Comments, about the Hadith Qudsi?:)

Your Brother in Islam, Yasin:bounce

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Moses the God Archetype* said:
:cool: For i hope that those in islam understand that krishna and allah are one in the same.....
What is the relationship between Allah and Krishna? :confused:

Can you elaborate more, please what you are trying to say?

Cordoba

Narrated 'Aisha:

The family of Muhammad had never eaten their fill of wheat bread for three successive days since they had migrated to Madinah till the death of the Prophet.

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

And in another Hadith also narrated by 'Aisha:

A complete month would pass by during which we would not make a fire (for cooking), and our food used to be only dates and water

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Narrated Al-Aswad:

I asked 'Aisha what did the Prophet use to do at home. She replied. "He used to keep himself busy serving his family and when it was time for the prayer, he would get up for prayer."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Narrated Abu Sufyan:

That Heraclius sent for him and said, "What did he, i.e. the Prophet order you?"

I replied, "He orders us to offer prayers; to give alms; to be chaste; and to keep good relations with our relatives."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Assalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters,

Mind if I join in :)?

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 470: Narrated Mu'adh bin Jabal:

The Prophet said, "O Mu'adh! Do you know what Allah's Right upon His slaves is?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best." The Prophet said, "To worship Him (Allah) Alone and to join none in worship with Him (Allah). Do you know what their right upon Him is?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." The Prophet said, "Not to punish them (if they do so)."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Thank you Brother Cordoba :),

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 471: Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

A man heard another man reciting (in the prayers): 'Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, the One." (112.1) And he recited it repeatedly. When it was morning, he went to the Prophet and informed him about that as if he considered that the recitation of that Sura by itself was not enough. Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is equal to one-third of the Quran."

(Sahih Bukhari)

This Hadith refers to surah Al-Ikhlas. Since reading the surah itself is worth one third of the Quran, I like to recite at least 3 times after prayers to make it the same as reading the whole Quran.

Salam

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 473: Narrated Jarir bin 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 474: Narrated Usama bin Zaid:

We were with the Prophet when suddenly there came to him a messenger from one of his daughters who was asking him to come and see her son who was dying. The Prophet said (to the messenger), "Go back and tell her that whatever Allah takes is His, and whatever He gives is His, and everything with Him has a limited fixed term (in this world). So order her to be patient and hope for Allah's reward." But she sent the messenger to the Prophet again, swearing that he should come to her. So the Prophets got up, and so did Sa'd bin 'Ubada and Mu'adh bin Jabal (and went to her). When the child was brought to the Prophet his breath was disturbed in his chest as if it were in a water skin. On that the eyes of the Prophet . became flooded with tears, whereupon Sa'd said to him, "O Allah's Apostle! What is this?" The Prophet said, "This is mercy which Allah has put in the heart of His slaves, and Allah bestows His mercy only on those of His slaves who are merciful (to others)."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Wa'alaikum Salam Sister Peace,

It is a pleasure, it is also one of our duty as a Muslim, for according to Surah Al-Asr:

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
Verily Man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.

--------------------------------------------

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 502: Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah says: 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' "

(Sahih Bukhari)