• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

On the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Allah will say to the inhabitant of Paradise: [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]O inhabitants of Paradise! [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]They will say: O our Lord, we present ourselves and are at Your pleasure, and goodness rests in Your hands. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Then He will say: Are you contented? [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]And they will say: And how should we not be contented, O Lord, when You have given to us that which You have given to no one else of Your creation? [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Then He will say: Would not like Me to give you something better than that? [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]And they will say: O Lord and what thing is better than that? [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]And He will say: I shall cause My favour to descend upon you and thereafter shall never be displeased with you. [/font]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]"Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed." [/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]People asked, " … It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" [/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif](Hadith in Al-Bukhari)[/font]

Cordoba

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: [/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"He is not of us one who has no compassion for our little ones and does not honour our elederly."[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)[/font]

Cordoba

His mercy for mothers and children:

The prophet, peace be upon him, said:

(It happens that) I start the (congregational) prayer intending to prolong it, but on hearing the cries of a child I shorten the prayer because I know that the cries of the child will incite it's mother's passion.

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Yasin

Assalumu Alaykum Sister Peace,

Subhan Allah, this is a really beautiful thread, keep em coming everyone!

Your Brother in Islam, Yasin:bounce

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 518:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When Allah had finished His creation, He wrote over his Throne: 'My Mercy preceded My Anger.'

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Allah said: My love is due to those who love each other for My sake, who sit with each other for My sake, who visit one another for My sake, who spend on each other for My sake.[/font]

(Hadith in Muwatta' Malik)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 558:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The example of a believer is that of a fresh green plant the leaves of which move in whatever direction the wind forces them to move and when the wind becomes still, it stand straight. Such is the similitude of the believer: He is disturbed by calamities (but is like the fresh plant he regains his normal state soon). And the example of a disbeliever is that of a pine tree (which remains) hard and straight till Allah cuts it down when He will."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 577:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel, saying, 'Allah loves so and so, O Gabriel love him' So Gabriel would love him and then would make an announcement in the Heavens: 'Allah has loved so and-so therefore you should love him also.' So all the dwellers of the Heavens would love him, and then he is granted the pleasure of the people on the earth."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Messenger of Allah said:​

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/font]
[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“People of Paradise are three: (1) a leader who is generous, spends in charity and is guided to the right course; (2) a man who is compassionate, kind to every relative and every Muslim and (3) a poor person who is virtuous and has dependants.” [/font]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 583:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah said: "The son of Adam hurts Me by abusing Time, for I am Time; in My Hands are all things and I cause the revolution of night and day.' "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 584:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah said: The Fast is for Me and I will give the reward for it, as he (the one who observes the fast) leaves his sexual desire, food and drink for My Sake. Fasting is a screen (from Hell) and there are two pleasures for a fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord. And the smell of the mouth of a fasting person is better in Allah's Sight than the smell of musk."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"The most perfect in faith among you are those who have the best manners, and the most virtuous among you are those who are good to their wives."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 586:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Every night when it is the last third of the night, our Lord, the Superior, the Blessed, descends to the nearest heaven and says: Is there anyone to invoke Me that I may respond to his invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone asking My forgiveness so that I may forgive him?. "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said,

"There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) Health and free time (for doing good)."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Compassion and Mercy

The Prophet peace be upon him said:

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]“The example of believers in their mercy, love and kindness resemble one body, if any part of the body is not well then the whole body shares sleeplessness and fever with it.”[/font]

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Do not hold back (from giving to people and helping them), or God will withhold (His mercy and blessings) from you.”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 592:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah says, "If My slave intends to do a bad deed then (O Angels) do not write it unless he does it; if he does it, then write it as it is, but if he refrains from doing it for My Sake, then write it as a good deed (in his account). (On the other hand) if he intends to go a good deed, but does not do it, then write a good deed (in his account), and if he does it, then write it for him (in his account) as ten good deeds up to seven-hundred times.' "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet peace be upon him said:

“You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness.”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

"Whoever guides someone to virtue will be rewarded equivalent to him who practices that good action".

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)