• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 598:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard the Prophet saying, "If somebody commits a sin and then says, 'O my Lord! I have sinned, please forgive me!' and his Lord says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for it, I therefore have forgiven my slave (his sins).' Then he remains without committing any sin for a while and then again commits another sin and says, 'O my Lord, I have committed another sin, please forgive me,' and Allah says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for it, I therefore have forgiven my slave (his sin). Then he remains without Committing any another sin for a while and then commits another sin (for the third time) and says, 'O my Lord, I have committed another sin, please forgive me,' and Allah says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for it I therefore have forgiven My slave (his sin), he can do whatever he likes."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"There is none amongst the believers who plants a tree, or sows a seed, and then a bird, or a person, or an animal eats thereof, but it is regarded as having given a charitable gift [for which there is great recompense].”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]On the Day of Judgement[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Seven kinds of people will be sheltered under the shade of God on the Day of Judgment ...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]They are: a just ruler, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]a young man who passed his youth in the worship and service of God, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]one whose heart is attached to the mosque, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]two people who love each other for the sake of God, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]a man who is invited to sin...but declines, saying 'I fear God',[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]one who spends his charity in secret, without making a show, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]and one who remembers God in solitude so that his eyes overflow." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](Hadith in Riyadh-us-Salaheen)[/FONT]

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 611:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I asked Allah's Apostle "What is the biggest sin in the sight of Allah?" He said, "To set up rivals unto Allah though He alone created you." I said, "In fact, that is a tremendous sin," and added, "What next?" He said, "To kill your son being afraid that he may share your food with you." I further asked, "What next?" He said, "To commit illegal sexual intercourse with the wife of your neighbor."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Righteousness is good morality, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in your soul and which you dislike people finding out about."[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"By his good character, a believer will attain the degree of one who prays during the night and fasts during the day." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawood)[/FONT]

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 625:

Narrated Ibn Mas'ud:

A man asked the Prophet "What deeds are the best?" The Prophet said: (1) To perform the (daily compulsory) prayers at their (early) stated fixed times, (2) To be good and dutiful to one's own parents. (3) and to participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Your Lord delights at a shepherd who, on the peak of a mountain crag, gives the call to prayer and prays. Then Allah (glorified and exalted be He) say: Look at this servant of Mine, he gives the call to prayer and performs the prayers; he is in awe of Me. I have forgiven My servant [his sins] and have admitted him to Paradise.[/FONT]

(Hadith Qudsi in Sunan Al-Nisa'i)

Cordoba

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of
Allah (peace be upon him) said:

"The believers who show the most perfect Faith are those who have the best behaviour, and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives".

[Hadith in At-Tirmidhi]

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 652:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "(There are) two words which are dear to the Beneficent (Allah) and very light (easy) for the tongue (to say), but very heavy in weight in the balance. They are: 'Subhan Allah wa-bi hamdihi' and 'Subhan Allah Al-'Azim."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

Equality of Mankind

The Prophet peace be upon him said:

"You are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust. Let the people cease to boast about their ancestors."

The Prophet also said:

"These genealogies of yours are not a reason to revile anyone. You are all children of Adam. No one has any superiority over another except in religion and taqwa (godliness)."

mehrosh

Asalam Alaikum

A very nice thread, may ALLAH reward all of you for this work.

Volume 7, Book 64, Number 276:

Narrated Al-Aswad bin Yazid:

I asked 'Aisha "What did the Prophet use to do at home?" She said, "He used to work for his family, and when he heard the Adhan (call for the prayer), he would go out."

Judgement Day

Wa'alaikum Salam, Mehrosh...welcome aboard,

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 94:

Narrated Anas:

Whenever the Prophet asked permission to enter, he knocked the door thrice with greeting and whenever he spoke a sentence (said a thing) he used to repeat it thrice.

(Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]A man asked Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Which act in Islam is the best?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]He replied: "To feed the poor and the needy, and to greet those whom you know and those whom you don't know.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"A believer must not hate (his wife) believing woman; if he dislikes one of her characteristics he will be pleased with another".

[Hadith in Sahih Muslim]

Cordoba

Ibn ‘Abbas relates that the Messenger of God, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“Whoever would be pleased to be the noblest of people, let him be mindful of God. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Whoever would be pleased to be the strongest of people, let him trust in God. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]And whoever would be pleased to be the wealthiest of people, let him be more confident in what God possesses than with what he finds in his own hand."[/FONT]

Cordoba

"Those who have mercy will receive the mercy of the Most Merciful. Have mercy on those who are on earth, the One in heavens will have mercy on you."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi )

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Do you think this woman will cast her own child into the fire?" [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Those present said, "No." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The prophet said, "Verily God is more compassionate on His creatures, than this woman on her own child." [/FONT]

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said,

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“Good neighborliness, maintaining family ties, and good character are the basis of civility, and they enhance civilization".[/FONT]

Cordoba

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look for faults in others, and do not spy, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert (cut your relations with) one another, and do not hate one another; and O God's worshipers! Be brothers (as God has ordered you)!"

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)