• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas must be eradicated

Little Dragon

that's what you get when you step an inch past left wing sound bites, sigh.
My brother who is ardently far right. Supports Israel, whole heartedly, irrespective of recent events. I am what most would describe as hard left. Initially we were BOTH on the side of Israel as it were. My position has changed, his has not. This isn't about sound bites. For me this is all about excessive retaliation and the asymmetric nature of this one sided conflict. I suspect deep down, my brother, like many far right berks, thinks, that if you give Israel enough rope, they will hang themselves, because normally, my brother has no love for the jewish nor Judaism nor Islam, where as, I, am far more tolerant of religion, believe it or not. Of course, my brother is pro Christianity, especially Catholic Christianity and the catholic church, which he is a proud member of.

A confusing situation, more subtle and nuanced, than any simplistic left right binary narrative can frame.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
My brother who is ardently far right. Supports Israel, whole heartedly, irrespective of recent events. I am what most would describe as hard left. Initially we were BOTH on the side of Israel as it were. My position has changed, his has not. This isn't about sound bites. For me this is all about excessive retaliation and the asymmetric nature of this one sided conflict. I suspect deep down, my brother, like many far right berks, thinks, that if you give Israel enough rope, they will hang themselves, because normally, my brother has no love for the jewish nor judaism nor Islam, where as, I, am far more tolerant of religion, believe it or not. Of course, my brother is pro Christianity, especially Catholic Christianity and the catholic church, which he is a proud member of.

A confusing situation, more subtle and nuanced, than any simplistic left right binary narrative can frame.

Thanks for this thoughtful reply! My response was in response to how people responded to brick's post. IMO brick added some subtlety and nuance to the situation that had been lacking in this thread. I agree that any binary narrative in this situation is almost certainly wrong.

Little Dragon

Thanks for this thoughtful reply! My response was in response to how people responded to brick's post. IMO brick added some subtlety and nuance to the situation that had been lacking in this thread. I agree that any binary narrative in this situation is almost certainly wrong.
Yeah, I responded negatively to his/her/their suggestion that Israel was no more operating a system of apartheid than say Iran. I questioned the use of totalitarian ME developing nations as a suitable comparison. I believe that an EU state, would be more accurate. To compare Israel with.