• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas must be eradicated

Orbit

I'm a planet
“STATEMENT BY QATAR’S MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS *The State of Qatar announces that a humanitarian pause has been agreed in Gaza* The State of Qatar announces the success of its joint mediation efforts undertaken with the Arab Republic of Egypt and the United States of America between Israel and the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), resulting in an agreement for a humanitarian pause. The starting time of the pause will be announced within the next 24 hours and last for four days, subject to extension. The agreement includes the release of 50 civilian women and children hostages currently held in the Gaza Strip in exchange for the release of a number of Palestinian women and children detained in Israeli prisons, the number of those released will be increased in later stages of implementing the agreement. The humanitarian pause will also allow the entry of a larger number of humanitarian convoys and relief aid, including fuel designated for humanitarian needs. The State of Qatar affirms its commitment to ongoing diplomatic efforts to de-escalate tensions, stop the bloodshed, and protect civilians. In this regard, the State of Qatar appreciates the efforts of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the United States of America in reaching this agreement.

(from twitter)

Little Dragon

Israel is the only non-apartheid state in the region or least like an apartheid state. Citizens are allowed to be of any religion and have citizenship, participate in government, own land, hold any government position and vote. I have read posters here accuse it of being apartheid, but it is ironically very equal compared to surrounding states.
Excusing apartheid?

Noice.

Most Jewish people in Israel, are of European descent and cultural origin. It would be more accurate to compare the state of Israel, for various reasons, with EU nation states.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hamas are not a political party, democratic or otherwise, they are a terrorist/paramilitary organization and effectively run a junta. Palestinians have not voted since 2006.
I'd call Hamas a quasi-government because they
offer government type services, eg, health care,
& they operate a military. But they lack authority
to govern Gaza. Sure, they commit terrorism too.
But then, so does Israel...it's just sanitized somewhat
by US protection in the UN & public stage. Israel
still manages to kill & maim more people than Hamas.

Little Dragon

I'd call Hamas a quasi-government because they
offer government type services, eg, health care,
& they operate a military. But they lack authority
to govern Gaza. Sure, they commit terrorism too.
But then, so does Israel...it's just sanitized somewhat
by US protection in the UN & public stage. Israel
still manages to kill & maim more people than Hamas.
Yeah, a terrorist and/or paramilitary junta i'd go with personally.

Definitely terrorists though...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At the moment, I would say Israel is in the process of becoming a global pariah state.
Not total.
USA will always fete Israel because of the
power of Christians & Jews in all levels
of government. Muslims have very little
representation.
But Biden changed his tune when he
discovered that MI was turning against
him. We've many Muslims in SE MI.
However I wouldn't go as far as to call it a terrorist state, since it is still a democratic nation. Albeit one with a deranged executive.
Voters who democratically elect politicians
who pursue terrorist polices aren't exempt
from the label.