• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harsh Truth: If Intelligent Design is Untestable . . .

shawn001

God has no gender but that is how we used to call God by he and him.

Allah : The one and only God

So your a member of an organized religion, Islam.

You do have an image of God in your mind as 'HIM', as a Male and not just you that is for sure. Since the major religions all share somethings in common, one of those things is God is a 'He" and created humans in his image.

" Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus - peace be upon them all. However, it is certainly true that Jews, Christians and Muslims all have different concepts of Almighty God. For example, Muslims - like Jews - reject the Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation. This, however, does not mean that each of these three religions worships a different God - because, as we have already said, there is only One True God. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to be “Abrahamic Faiths”, and all of them are also classified as “monotheistic.” However, Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas."

Who is Allah? - The Religion of Islam

So would calling God a HIM, be a man-made idea that is "how we used to call God by he and him."? If God has no gender?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So your a member of an organized religion, Islam.

You do have an image of God in your mind as 'HIM', as a Male and not just you that is for sure. Since the major religions all share somethings in common, one of those things is God is a 'He" and created humans in his image.

" Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus - peace be upon them all. However, it is certainly true that Jews, Christians and Muslims all have different concepts of Almighty God. For example, Muslims - like Jews - reject the Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation. This, however, does not mean that each of these three religions worships a different God - because, as we have already said, there is only One True God. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to be “Abrahamic Faiths”, and all of them are also classified as “monotheistic.” However, Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas."

Who is Allah? - The Religion of Islam

So would calling God a HIM, be a man-made idea that is "how we used to call God by he and him."? If God has no gender?

Nothing that we know is equivalent to him, and using the pronoun "he" doesn't mean he's a male but that is the way we used to refer to God.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Nothing that we know is equivalent to him, and using the pronoun "he" doesn't mean he's a male but that is the way we used to refer to God.
So your really just imitating what you believe he is, what if you weren't a Muslim, how would you think about god, what say you were born an Indian and you were brought up as a Hindu, what will your thoughts be then ?.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So your really just imitating what you believe he is, what if you weren't a Muslim, how would you think about god, what say you were born an Indian and you were brought up as a Hindu, what will your thoughts be then ?.

I won't believe because it won't make sense to me, so either i choose to be an atheist or to search for the truth.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I won't believe because it won't make sense to me, so either i choose to be an atheist or to search for the truth.
And that's it, you will either be one or the other, what if you were the other..........you would be doing all you can to support that belief, just as you are supporting your belief right now.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
And that's it, you will either be one or the other, what if you were the other..........you would be doing all you can to support that belief, just as you are supporting your belief right now.

I questioned my belief and search for what the others think and believe.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

Goes to show neither evolutionists or creationists have an idea what you've been on about.

Which means I am the only one on the entire forum who actually has intellectual interest in explaining how things are chosen in the universe.

We can see all well known atheist intellectuals deny free will is real.

We see creationists who have no idea whatsoever, how creation works here and now, eventhough they say to support it.

Nobody understands how subjectivity works, on this "religious" forum, except me, because it requires knowledge about how choosing works.

Again, I am just writing this for posterity, when it will just be perfectly ordinary to have knowledge about how things are chosen, also at universities. And they will never believe the level of ignorance of people now.

dust1n

Zindīq
Which means I am the only one on the entire forum who actually has intellectual interest in explaining how things are chosen in the universe.

We can see all well known atheist intellectuals deny free will is real.

We see creationists who have no idea whatsoever, how creation works here and now, eventhough they say to support it.

Nobody understands how subjectivity works, on this "religious" forum, except me, because it requires knowledge about how choosing works.

Again, I am just writing this for posterity, when it will just be perfectly ordinary to have knowledge about how things are chosen, also at universities. And they will never believe the level of ignorance of people now.

Well, as long as you remain humble about it.

David M

Go right ahead then, multiple people have asked you to provide an explanation of what you are waffling on about, so far you have never done so.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Bad question. You are a creationist supposedly, you support intelligent design theory, you should know what choosing is.

What is the logic of choosing as used in common discourse? That is what choosing is.
Apparently nobody knows what you're talking about. I guess it's not as obvious as you seem to think.

outhouse

Atheistically
Apparently nobody knows what you're talking about. I guess it's not as obvious as you seem to think.

He/she has been directly avoiding the topic since he/she has been here in this forum.

Said person knows it opens up laughable flaws in his opinion that reason and logic simply crushes.

Page Notes

Shades of gray: In its most general form, intelligent design is merely the claim that species evolve faster than can be explained by random mutations and natural selection. This is most certainly testable. And scientists have been telling us that we humans are evolving faster than was previously realized. Theists probably want to believe that the accelerated evolution is the hand of God or some such thing. I think this belief is probably not so testable..

Skwim

Veteran Member
Shades of gray: In its most general form, intelligent design is merely the claim that species evolve faster than can be explained by random mutations and natural selection.
In light of the current claim that Noah only took organisms representative of families on board the ark, to evolve into 8+ million species after the great disembarkation 4,300 years ago evolution would indeed have to have been at full speed. Like lightening speed.

And scientists have been telling us that we humans are evolving faster than was previously realized.
Care to share your source?

Not Bob

What would it take to falsify ID?

Even if you demonstrate 100% that there was no discernible pattern behind evolutionary mutations, this would not demonstrate that there was no 'intelligent designer' behind them. You can disprove young earth creationism, but not the idea that God is behind evolution. This doesn't mean there is any evidence that God is behind it though.

Anyway, would it not paint your god in a better light if you said 'God created the world and allowed evolution to be random', rather than 'God consciously decided to create tsetse flies, filarial nematode worms and bot fly larvae and thought they should feast mostly on poor African children'?
I see all too often the assumption that if ID is true, the intelligence behind the design is, by default, God, and moreso the assumption that it's one God rather than another.
When considering ID, don't rule out other possibilities of who or what the intelligence might be.

gnostic

The Lost One
I still fail to see the relevance - maybe you'd liek to explain, or link to where you have given appropriate explanation, exactly what your definition of "freedom" and "choosing" is and why this in any way relates to the evidence for evoution?

Good grief! :facepalm:

Is jay-jay harping on that evil atheists don't believe in "freedom" again? *sigh*

He has been doing that a lot lately, especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of threads.

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Good grief! :facepalm:

Is jay-jay harping on that evil atheists don't believe in "freedom" again? *sigh*

He has been doing that a lot lately, especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of threads.
Yes, but it's not Jay-Jay, it's Mo

There's something very "Braveheart" in this insistence upon "freedom", don't you think?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
. . . Then Darwinian Evolution is untestable. If intelligent design is unfalsifiable, then Darwinian evolution is unprovable.

Why? Logic 101.

They're opposing answers to the same question, thus, any test for one will inherently test the other.
Any evidence for one will be evidence against the other.
Any proof of one will be proof against the other. proving one will falsify the other (and vice versa).

When Darwinists say we can't falsify the claim that biology is a product of design, they're unwittingly confessing that they can't prove biology is the product of blind nature.

When Darwinists say we can't prove the claim that biology is a product of design, they're unwittingly confessing that they can't falsify the claim that biology is the product of blind nature.

The only reasonable conclusion is that either both are science, or neither is science.

Food for thought. I eagerly await your flimsy excuses.

Seeing that there are 26 pages, I'm sure this has already been explained to you, but I'm bored, so:

Evolution isn't unprovable or unfalsifiable or untestable. It's been tested many, many, many times. That's why it's a scientific theory. Intelligent design is untestable because what are you looking for?