• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heading to an Israeli - Lebanon Iran etc War

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Iran vows to avenge killing of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh

The assassination of senior Hamas figure Ismail Haniyeh was carried out by a guided missile targeting his private residence in Tehran, sources from Saudi outlet Al Hadath say. The news outlet reports the missile hit the building at around 2:00 local time (23:30 BST).

Fars news, which is affiliated with Iran's revolutionary guard, also says Haniyeh was stationed in a residence for veterans in the north of Tehran, and that he was killed by "a projectile from the air".
Israel the monster of region,
Maybe this war end the genocide in Gaza.
And open new era of Peace.
Netanyahu push the region in regional war.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said in a statement Friday that he spoke with his American and British counterparts, Lloyd Austin and John Healey, and provided “a situational assessment in light of recent security developments.”

This time, Iran’s response may be more fierce, given the embarrassment of having a foreign dignitary and top ally assassinated in the heart of its capital. Among its options are another direct assault on Israel, stepped-up attacks by its proxies in the region or hitting Israeli targets elsewhere
Israel has stopped short of confirming it was behind killing Haniyeh, but it hasn’t pushed back against the claim either. His death also came hours after Israel killed a top Hezbollah commander in Beirut, Fuad Shukr.

Austin, who earlier this week reiterated that the U.S. “certainly will help defend Israel” if attacked, spoke with Gallant and is weighing moves to reinforce America’s presence in the region, the Pentagon said Friday. White House spokesman John Kirby said earlier in a CNN interview that the Pentagon is ensuring it has “the right resources and capabilities” in the region, including both equipment and personnel.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What matters is truth, reality trumps speculation by the uninitiated.

Please try and understand that words are meant to convey reality, they are not reality, merely a representation. Please don't confuse words for reality, bias will always influence the imagined reality represented by the conceptualization.

<yawn>

Those who dismiss responsible journalism seek to impress with this type of pablum.​
</yawn>

For the rest of us, here are the reports from The Telegraph, The Times of Israel, snd the New York Times respectively:
The NYT article notes:

The fervor of the response to the killing of Mr. Haniyeh underscores what a devastating security failure this was for Iran’s leadership, with the assassination occurring at a heavily guarded compound in the country’s capital within hours of the swearing-in ceremony of the country’s new president.​
“The perception that Iran can neither protect its homeland nor its key allies could be fatal for the Iranian regime, because it basically signals to its foes that if they can’t topple the Islamic Republic, they can decapitate it,” said Ali Vaez, the Iran director for the International Crisis Group.​

It then summarizes:

The intensity and scope of the Guards’ investigation reveal the degree to which the assassination has shocked and rattled the country’s leadership.​
The deadly blast, which also killed Mr. Haniyeh’s Palestinian bodyguard, wasn’t only an earth-shattering collapse of intelligence and security; nor only a failure to protect a key ally; nor evidence of the inability to curb the infiltration of Mossad; nor a humiliating reputational blow. It was all of those, and more.​
Perhaps most important, it delivered a jarring realization that if Israel could target such an important guest, on a day when the capital was under heightened security, and carry out the attack at a highly secure compound equipped with bulletproof windows, air defense and radar, then no one was really safe.​

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
<yawn>

Those who dismiss responsible journalism seek to impress with this type of pablum.​
</yawn>

For the rest of us, here are the reports from The Telegraph, The Times of Israel, snd the New York Times respectively:
The NYT article notes:

The fervor of the response to the killing of Mr. Haniyeh underscores what a devastating security failure this was for Iran’s leadership, with the assassination occurring at a heavily guarded compound in the country’s capital within hours of the swearing-in ceremony of the country’s new president.​
“The perception that Iran can neither protect its homeland nor its key allies could be fatal for the Iranian regime, because it basically signals to its foes that if they can’t topple the Islamic Republic, they can decapitate it,” said Ali Vaez, the Iran director for the International Crisis Group.​

It then summarizes:

The intensity and scope of the Guards’ investigation reveal the degree to which the assassination has shocked and rattled the country’s leadership.​
The deadly blast, which also killed Mr. Haniyeh’s Palestinian bodyguard, wasn’t only an earth-shattering collapse of intelligence and security; nor only a failure to protect a key ally; nor evidence of the inability to curb the infiltration of Mossad; nor a humiliating reputational blow. It was all of those, and more.​
Perhaps most important, it delivered a jarring realization that if Israel could target such an important guest, on a day when the capital was under heightened security, and carry out the attack at a highly secure compound equipped with bulletproof windows, air defense and radar, then no one was really safe.​
I could care less about the media, or how Haniyah was assassinated, the fact is that he was assassinated, and this thread is meant to track the trend to war as a consequence.

Now I don't mind that you are into the minutiae of popular press gossip, go for your life, but please don't bother me with it, I'm primarily interested in the salient facts that relate to the trend towards war.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure Israel can handle Iran.
..but what are the consequences in the Muslim world ( and Europe etc. ), when it is
perceived that Israel / US is exterminating and controlling Muslims .. keeping them down..
.. controlling them financially etc. ?

Where does it end?
It doesn't .. ever-increasing violence .. thanks. :neutral:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Another ex-military here, it is fascinating to observe the armchair media fixated experts explain to us how it is.
I doubt the military ever would call me back given I had, since my honorable discharge where have had two heart attacks and a bad ear, not to mention my age on the verge of 60 now spouting arthritis, but truth be told, if they do call me back I'll be there in a heartbeat no matter how terrible I feel personally.

Giving your ex-military yourself, you know the meaning behind the saying that you continue on with the mission.

Something the media fixated experts will never fathom with those who had worn the uniform.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Iran vows to avenge killing of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh

The assassination of senior Hamas figure Ismail Haniyeh was carried out by a guided missile targeting his private residence in Tehran, sources from Saudi outlet Al Hadath say. The news outlet reports the missile hit the building at around 2:00 local time (23:30 BST).

Fars news, which is affiliated with Iran's revolutionary guard, also says Haniyeh was stationed in a residence for veterans in the north of Tehran, and that he was killed by "a projectile from the air".
This is another evidence that the zionisten don’t wanna peace but rather they wanna be escalate, just read the us send more warships to the area which just says it all. But the Zionist can kill high officials of Hamas and still claim for wanting peace. Just kill the negotiators in the name of peace.

I am still astonished how people still stand blindly after the west in who are the bad guys and the good guys. We all know that history shows us it a certain country in the middle go against the west they were being brought down, invaded, coups, murdered and sometimes even arm groups that eventually turn their backs in their supporters.

Israel is occupying the Palestinians for decades and even tho most people recognize this but still decide to support them.
And if the Palestinians are being occupied do they have a right to resistance?

According to international law they have that right but why then are the countries that support this resistance are labeled as terrorist or a evil state as for example the hoethies, hezbollah or Iran.
Aren’t the countries that support a state that oppresses a population the bad guys?
It just amazes me that the interest of the west goes above the facts.
You can support a nation that killes 40.000 people in 9 month but you can’t support the Palestinians otherwise you are evil.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You do understand that snipping like distorts the context, it is very unethical, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Your opening post disseminates the spin of an embarrassed. You then protest ...

I could care less about the media, or how Haniyah was assassinated, the fact is that he was assassinated, and this thread is meant to track the trend to war as a consequence.

Apparently, you goal is to entertain us with your play-by-play but "care less" about the accuracy or import of your representation of any particular play. I'm not at all sure that there's much to say in response other than "OK" -- that and to note that I'll take your proffered play-by-play for what it's worth.

Have a great weekend.

GoodAttention

This is another evidence that the zionisten don’t wanna peace but rather they wanna be escalate, just read the us send more warships to the area which just says it all. But the Zionist can kill high officials of Hamas and still claim for wanting peace. Just kill the negotiators in the name of peace.

I am still astonished how people still stand blindly after the west in who are the bad guys and the good guys. We all know that history shows us it a certain country in the middle go against the west they were being brought down, invaded, coups, murdered and sometimes even arm groups that eventually turn their backs in their supporters.

Israel is occupying the Palestinians for decades and even tho most people recognize this but still decide to support them.
And if the Palestinians are being occupied do they have a right to resistance?

According to international law they have that right but why then are the countries that support this resistance are labeled as terrorist or a evil state as for example the hoethies, hezbollah or Iran.
Aren’t the countries that support a state that oppresses a population the bad guys?
It just amazes me that the interest of the west goes above the facts.
You can support a nation that killes 40.000 people in 9 month but you can’t support the Palestinians otherwise you are evil.

You raise a good point regarding the collective west, specifically countries within the G20, not officially recognizing Palestine.

Since the war this is starting to change and support to recognize a Palestinian state amongst these countries has increased.

However, this doesn't mean the west is going to turn their back on Israel, so Palestinians, as well as other Arab Muslim nations need to consider accepting Israel also.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

You raise a good point regarding the collective west, specifically countries within the G20, not officially recognizing Palestine.

Since the war this is starting to change and support to recognize a Palestinian state amongst these countries has increased.

However, this doesn't mean the west is going to turn their back on Israel, so Palestinians, as well as other Arab Muslim nations need to consider accepting Israel also.
Obviously they are not doing that since it would mean losing their presence in the Middle East. Obviously the west are the one that helped creating this issue. What is very clear is that the support for Israel is unconditional to Israel. You might hear some leaders go against certain actions in speeches and stuff. But for example sanctions. How come sanctions are not given to Israel for decades but when Russia or Iran make one wrong move then hell breaks loose. The double standards is amazing and even more amazing is the ignorance of people that think the west are justly and are the good guys

GoodAttention

Obviously they are not doing that since it would mean losing their presence in the Middle East. Obviously the west are the one that helped creating this issue. What is very clear is that the support for Israel is unconditional to Israel. You might hear some leaders go against certain actions in speeches and stuff. But for example sanctions. How come sanctions are not given to Israel for decades but when Russia or Iran make one wrong move then hell breaks loose. The double standards is amazing and even more amazing is the ignorance of people that think the west are justly and are the good guys

That is the past. Now it is up to Israel and Palestine to make the future different.

The US needs to think this way too and recognize Palestine.