• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heading to an Israeli - Lebanon Iran etc War

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Again, I agree. And I feel precisely that same about those who think that the Iranian regime, Hezbollah, the Houthis, and Hamas are justified "good guys."
Maybe you misunderstood me or maybe I worded it wrong but I just made the comparison that how come when supporting the oppressed one that is considered bad and supporting the one that is doing the occupation is considered good.

What I think about the groups that are siding with Israel or the Palestinians is that it is a chain reactions that started last century. From my opinion the Zionist ideology started all this mess and the creation of groups like the Irgun, Levi and haganah which eventually became what we know as the IDF.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
And of course, Hamas and all the Palestinians are completely innocent and pure as the driven snow, right?
No, they are not .. fear of the 'others' breeds an increasing hatred through mistrust.
In war, one does not care about their enemies welfare.

If this attitude is applied on a global level, the result is armageddon. :(

Trump's attitude was the UN was to be ignored .. Jerusalem the capital etc.
..so I find it hard to see why a people who are severely provoked (and financially oppressed),
won't act like cornered rats.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
And of course, Hamas and all the Palestinians are completely innocent and pure as the driven snow, right?
When you oppression someone and sieze him, don't blame him that he Resist you.

Blame your self that being monster with him.

Back to Iran, Iran had the right to revenge. Since Israel didn't deny the assissanation.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When you oppression someone and sieze him, don't blame him that he Resist you.

Blame your self that being monster with him.

Oh, how convenient for you to blame others for incidents like 10-7 and the two Intifadas.

Back to Iran, Iran had the right to revenge.

But Israel didn't of course.

You could be the poster child of what's the main problem in the Middle East, and it's not just Palestinian versus Israel but also Shi'i versus Sunni, and ... Maybe it's time for you to recognize your own bigotry instead of constantly blaming others.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Your opening post disseminates the spin of an embarrassed. You then protest ...

Apparently, you goal is to entertain us with your play-by-play but "care less" about the accuracy or import of your representation of any particular play. I'm not at all sure that there's much to say in response other than "OK" -- that and to note that I'll take your proffered play-by-play for what it's worth.

Have a great weekend.
My opening post was from BBC media, and pretty much the breaking news of the assassination at the time, no mention of war. I created the thread based on my understanding of the geopolitics of the region that war could result. The thread is not about how Ismail was assassinated, apparently that just happened to be msm story line in the beginning, it is about how his assassination is leading to war.

Now if you are embarrassed to now understand your misconception, please do not try and deflect again, just be humble for a change and accept it, Thank you.

Do you really think that as an ex-military man, I posted and am posting about an impending war to entertain, if so you are way off beam, war is a terrible thing.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Oh, how convenient for you to blame others for incidents like 10-7 and the two Intifadas.
I blame Israel for it's oppression and racist regime,who made Gaza open air prison and took thousands of Palestinians hostages in.Inhuman conditions,
Sane,justice person never blame Palestinians for their resistance.

Jews whom came Palestinians as refugees after ww2,not inverse.
They run from racist of Nazi,to create racist regime similar,wtf!!
But Israel didn't of course.

You could be the poster child of what's the main problem in the Middle East, and it's not just Palestinian versus Israel but also Shi'i versus Sunni, and ... Maybe it's time for you to recognize your own bigotry instead of constantly blaming others.
Israel didn't deny the accusation.
Israel is preparing for Iran attack revenge.

Main problem in middle east since 1948 is Israel.
Because it's racist regime.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I get my news from all sorts of sources, and I figure the truth lies somewhere in the middle of everything.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Another ex-military here, it is fascinating to observe the armchair media fixated experts explain to us how it is.
MY dad was in the AF, my brother was in the Marines, my ex husband was in the Army, my son is in the Army, my daughter and son in law were both in the AF. My ex husband, and my son in law retired and my son is about to retire. They were officers and NCOs.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
MY dad was in the AF, my brother was in the Marines, my ex husband was in the Army, my son is in the Army, my daughter and son in law were both in the AF. My ex husband, and my son in law retired and my son is about to retire. They were officers and NCOs.
A lot to be proud of. :0)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I suspect that many in the Iran regime are feeling qualitatively less secure today.

Speaking of which, The Jerusalem Post reports ...

noting:

Hezbollah has begun arresting officials within their group who knew Shukr's location, according to the source. ...​
Shukr’s elimination also raised questions on how information was gained on past eliminated terror leaders.​
The sources pointed out that "the assassination of Shukr brought to the party's mind the assassination of Hamas leader Saleh al-Arouri in the heart of the southern suburb, where it is assumed that he was coordinating and under the protection of the security committee headed by Hajj Wafiq Safa and assisted in the suburb by Hajj Ali Ayoub."​
She concluded by saying, “the party’s security committee is concerned with any security movement in the suburb; even the security services do not enter it without permission and direct coordination with the head of the coordination and liaison unit, Hajj Wafiq Safa, and the network of cameras planted in the streets and buildings of the suburb is under the authority of this committee.”​
Similar fears seem to have reached Iran, according to the New York Times, as dozens of arrests have been carried out in search of parties involved in the elimination of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran last week.​

Sadly, the BBC reported "Four other people were killed in the strike, including two children" while adding:

Earlier, the Israeli military said Shukr had been the target of an "intelligence-based elimination".​
It said the strike was a response to a rocket attack that killed 12 people in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights on Saturday, which Israel says the commander helped plan.​
Hezbollah has denied having any involvement.​
Fuad Shukr, who was in his early sixties, is believed to be a key military adviser to Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.​
The strike targeted a building in Haret Hreik, a part of the Dahiyeh suburb of Beirut. [source]​

There are a lot of people looking over their shoulder as Israel braces for the inevitable response.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe you misunderstood me or maybe I worded it wrong but I just made the comparison that how come when supporting the oppressed one that is considered bad and supporting the one that is doing the occupation is considered good.

What I think about the groups that are siding with Israel or the Palestinians is that it is a chain reactions that started last century. From my opinion the Zionist ideology started all this mess and the creation of groups like the Irgun, Levi and haganah which eventually became what we know as the IDF.
Fans of Israel are loathe to address the fact that
God's Chosen People have for most of a century
committed horrible atrocities against Palestinians.
Sure, oppressed people will do terrible things when
they resist & rebel. But culpability for the problem,
& responsibility for correcting it lie with the oppressor,
ie, Israel & its enablers.

Iran has endured far more suffering at the hands of
Israel & USA than it's inflicted, eg, USA teaming with
Iraq to kill perhaps as many as 1,000,000 Iranians, eg,
supplying WMDs (biological & chemical).
So it's not about good vs bad.
It's bad (Iran & allies) vs even worse (USA & Israel).

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Fans of Israel are loathe to address the fact that
God's Chosen People have for most of a century
committed horrible atrocities against Palestinians.
Sure, oppressed people will do terrible things when
they resist & rebel. But culpability for the problem,
& responsibility for correcting it lie with the oppressor,
ie, Israel & its enablers.

Iran has endured far more suffering at the hands of
Israel & USA than it's inflicted, eg, USA teaming with
Iraq to kill perhaps as many as 1,000,000 Iranians, eg,
supplying WMDs (biological & chemical).
So it's not about good vs bad.
It's bad (Iran & allies) vs even worse (USA & Israel).
Indeed that sounds reasonable. The issue is that people tend to live in the present without knowing the past.
There is a reason why the Middle East is a mess. Coup after coup, invasion after invasion, arming certain groups in order to create chaos. Reality is that war is profitable and it’s a shame people don’t learn from the past. There is just to much interest en greed of people that aren’t present in this area. And until their aim is peace rather their interests and greed things will never change and there will no peace.
25 years ago it was Iraq and today it’s Iran. And tomorrow it will be another county, seems like there is a list in the white house that’s says who turn it is.

We Never Know

No Slack
Iran vows to avenge killing of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh

The assassination of senior Hamas figure Ismail Haniyeh was carried out by a guided missile targeting his private residence in Tehran, sources from Saudi outlet Al Hadath say. The news outlet reports the missile hit the building at around 2:00 local time (23:30 BST).

Fars news, which is affiliated with Iran's revolutionary guard, also says Haniyeh was stationed in a residence for veterans in the north of Tehran, and that he was killed by "a projectile from the air".

"Three U.S. and Israeli officials said they expect Iran to attack Israel as early as Monday."

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
"Three U.S. and Israeli officials said they expect Iran to attack Israel as early as Monday."

It's likely seen as a short term rather than immediate priority.

Hospitality towards, and the protection of, one's guest is a deeply ingrained value radiating out from desert culture which, of course, does not typify Tehran. Still, the abject failure to protect Haniyeh must be infuriating, and I suspect that much attention has been directed at understanding and avenging that security failure. But the attack will come.

Meanwhile, Hezbollah continues to rain down over 300 hundred rockets and missiles on Israel while the Israel-Gaza war grinds on with 115 hostages still held in violation of international law.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Report: Israel could preemptively strike Iran if intelligence shows attack is imminent

Report: Israel could preemptively strike Iran if intelligence shows attack is imminent

Israel would consider launching a preemptive strike to deter Iran if it uncovered airtight evidence that Tehran was preparing to mount an attack, Hebrew media reported after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened Israel’s security chiefs for a meeting on Sunday evening.

The meeting, attended by Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Herzi Halevi, Mossad head David Barnea and Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar, was held amid preparations for anticipated attacks on Israel by Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah.

The assessment that Iran is likely to attack Israel in the coming days or weeks follows last week’s back-to-back assassinations of Hezbollah military chief Fuad Shukr in Beirut and Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran. Iran has blamed Israel for Haniyeh’s death and has vowed to retaliate.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Israel would consider launching a preemptive strike to deter Iran if it uncovered airtight evidence that Tehran was preparing to mount an attack, Hebrew media reported after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened Israel’s security chiefs for a meeting on Sunday evening.

The meeting, attended by Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Herzi Halevi, Mossad head David Barnea and Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar, was held amid preparations for anticipated attacks on Israel by Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah.

The assessment that Iran is likely to attack Israel in the coming days or weeks follows last week’s back-to-back assassinations of Hezbollah military chief Fuad Shukr in Beirut and Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran. Iran has blamed Israel for Haniyeh’s death and has vowed to retaliate.
Does Israel really want an all-out war with Iran? I suspect that the Israeli government thinks they can do whatever they want to do with only a bearable cost. That arrogance might wind up being very costly.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Does Israel really want an all-out war with Iran? I suspect that the Israeli government thinks they can do whatever they want to do with only a bearable cost. That arrogance might wind up being very costly.
And not preempting a significant attack might wind up being very costly as well. Does that concern you at all?