• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven or Hell | The choice is yours

Trey of Diamonds

What exactly do you want Heaven to be like? Did you consider the possibility that you might already be living in Heaven? Maybe you were aborted as a baby and you were sent straight to Heaven and your actual mother in the universe above us is distressed as she is harrangued for aborting you. What would you tell her about your life here if you could?

:areyoucra Huh?

No offense but that's some weird ****.

Sgloom

Exactly. So to avoid the drastic alternative of being erased from existence and collapsing the universe, what alternative is there but to create new earth-like universes for you to be inserted into?
thats a great idea. i like that better than being erased.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lets say you die and find out that there really is a Heaven and a Hell. Lets also say that you're told Hell is full of all your friends and those few family members you actually like while Heaven is full of all those self righteous evangelicals you despise. Now, you're given a choice; Heaven or Hell? Which would you choose? Why?
A flip answer comes to mind, but really, there's Insufficient info about the conditions in each alternative.
But I could easily tolerate self righteous evangelicals.....could even join'm!

kerravon

Anti-subjugator
thats a great idea. i like that better than being erased.
Cool. So what rules would you set for the construction of an earth-like environment? Is there anything wrong with earth exactly as it is? Do you want your memory wiped and come back as yourself as a baby? In the same time period, just a continual rerun? Or do you want to be able to collect some so-called science fiction stories to be replayed in other universes you enter into?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Lets say you die and find out that there really is a Heaven and a Hell. Lets also say that you're told Hell is full of all your friends and those few family members you actually like while Heaven is full of all those self righteous evangelicals you despise. Now, you're given a choice; Heaven or Hell? Which would you choose? Why?

Haha Hell obviously. I could get into how the ideas behind heaven and hell are as illogical as the rest of the beliefs tied to it, but only if you wish me to digress that far... :)

Sgloom

Cool. So what rules would you set for the construction of an earth-like environment? Is there anything wrong with earth exactly as it is? Do you want your memory wiped and come back as yourself as a baby? In the same time period, just a continual rerun? Or do you want to be able to collect some so-called science fiction stories to be replayed in other universes you enter into?
new planet, born into a new humanoid species, no memories of past life, but maybe carry over some personality traits or intuition from previous lifes. everyone i meet in that life were also people i knew in my past lifes. a continuing cycle of the same souls intermingling. i could deal with that

id be interested in expanding more on this concept, but maybe in a new topic. i dont want to deviate too much from the original topic.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Since this is obviously a less than serious thread, feel free to digress as far as you like. :D

Haha alright!

The logic behind heaven and hell just does not make sense, plain and simple. My greatest criticism is the nature of the devil. The devil loves showing god that he is better according to Christian mythology. He tries to lead us away from god because of his pride and arrogance. So, if we do the devils work, the devil is going to like an reward us.

This is pointless though. The greatest argument against the whole God vs Satan thing is Devil Worshiping. While quite horrible it is actually completely logical to accept as true.

Why Devil Worshiping is the Correct Christian Path
1. God is all loving and all forgiving.
2. So, as long as we apologize for our sins and truly mean it, we will be forgiven.
3. Satan is the ruler of this world, he has the greatest influence on our lives trying to take us from god.
4. So, this life should be more focused on avoiding the devil's wrath than worrying about the after life (as god is forgiving).
5. Since Satan is evil and overly proud, it is logical to believe that he will torment you if you do not honor him.
6. So, appealing to Satan must be done to avoid hell.
7. God will forgive you for trying to save your soul, no matter the acts you commit if you are truly sorry.

Therefore, Devil Worshiping is the best way to heaven.

kerravon

Anti-subjugator
new planet, born into a new humanoid species, no memories of past life, but maybe carry over some personality traits or intuition from previous lifes. everyone i meet in that life were also people i knew in my past lifes. a continuing cycle of the same souls intermingling. i could deal with that

id be interested in expanding more on this concept, but maybe in a new topic. i dont want to deviate too much from the original topic.
Done:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/127205-proposals-cycle-life.html

Please continue.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Seems to me that what you describe are the exact opposite of the meanings of the words you use for labels.

religion99

There is third choice called Moksha or Eternal Freedom, which is supposed to be better than Heaven , according to Dharmic religions. I will choose that option.

Trey of Diamonds

Seems to me that what you describe are the exact opposite of the meanings of the words you use for labels.

That was my issue with the folks telling me my friends were all going to Hell. What they were calling Heaven sounded more like Hell to me so I choose to be with my friends.

4consideration

Premium Member
That was my issue with the folks telling me my friends were all going to Hell. What they were calling Heaven sounded more like Hell to me so I choose to be with my friends.

I'd tell folks they are not Heaven's Bouncers, their judgement has no authority to keep me out, and they need to step aside so I can have a party with my brothers and sisters, in my Father's House. :) :angel2:

Trey of Diamonds

I'd tell folks they are not Heaven's Bouncers, their judgement has no authority to keep me out, and they need to step aside so I can have a party with my brothers and sisters, in my Father's House. :) :angel2:

That's pretty much what I did. The Baptists in Denham Springs didn't appreciate it very much. :D