• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven or Hell | The choice is yours

shawn001

I'd need to see a brochure from each resort first.

Now that is pretty funny!!! ;)

Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

"Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant. Two options exist:​
  1. If hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.
  2. If hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over. "
Inbox Humor: Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

The story wasn't true however.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Lets say you die and find out that there really is a Heaven and a Hell. Lets also say that you're told Hell is full of all your friends and those few family members you actually like while Heaven is full of all those self righteous evangelicals you despise. Now, you're given a choice; Heaven or Hell? Which would you choose? Why?

no one chooses hell or heaven. ones destination is determined by their deeds. however although many will enter paradise they will not be deserving of it, it will be through Allahs mercy that he will enter them in it.

Narrated 'Ubada: The Prophet said, "If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle, and that Jesus is Allah's Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and hell is true, Allah will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if those deeds were few." (Junada, the sub-narrator said, " 'Ubada added, 'Such a person can enter Paradise through any of its eight gates he likes.") (Book #55, Hadith #644)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The (hell) Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked undesirable things." (Book #76, Hadith #494)

(if you are someone who thinks that in hell itself there will be what people dessire and are passionate about then you have not understood the hadith properly, let me know if you wish to know what it means)

Narrated 'Abdullah: The Prophet said, "I know the person who will be the last to come out of the (hell) Fire, and the last to enter Paradise. He will be a man who will come out of the (hell) Fire crawling, and Allah will say to him, 'Go and enter Paradise.' He will go to it, but he will imagine that it had been filled, and then he will return and say, 'O Lord, I have found it full.' Allah will say, 'Go and enter Paradise, and you will have what equals the world and ten times as much (or, you will have as much as ten times the like of the world).' On that, the man will say, 'Do you mock at me (or laugh at me) though You are the King?" I saw Allah's Apostle (while saying that) smiling that his premolar teeth became visible. It is said that will be the lowest in degree amongst the people of Paradise. (Book #76, Hadith #575)

there was another hadith i wanted to post but i could not find it.

shawn001

no one chooses hell or heaven. ones destination is determined by their deeds. however although many will enter paradise they will not be deserving of it, it will be through Allahs mercy that he will enter them in it.

Narrated 'Ubada: The Prophet said, "If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle, and that Jesus is Allah's Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and hell is true, Allah will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if those deeds were few." (Junada, the sub-narrator said, " 'Ubada added, 'Such a person can enter Paradise through any of its eight gates he likes.") (Book #55, Hadith #644)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The (hell) Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked undesirable things." (Book #76, Hadith #494)

(if you are someone who thinks that in hell itself there will be what people dessire and are passionate about then you have not understood the hadith properly, let me know if you wish to know what it means)

Narrated 'Abdullah: The Prophet said, "I know the person who will be the last to come out of the (hell) Fire, and the last to enter Paradise. He will be a man who will come out of the (hell) Fire crawling, and Allah will say to him, 'Go and enter Paradise.' He will go to it, but he will imagine that it had been filled, and then he will return and say, 'O Lord, I have found it full.' Allah will say, 'Go and enter Paradise, and you will have what equals the world and ten times as much (or, you will have as much as ten times the like of the world).' On that, the man will say, 'Do you mock at me (or laugh at me) though You are the King?" I saw Allah's Apostle (while saying that) smiling that his premolar teeth became visible. It is said that will be the lowest in degree amongst the people of Paradise. (Book #76, Hadith #575)

there was another hadith i wanted to post but i could not find it.

"ones destination is determined by their deeds"

Wow, that is the same thing the Iranian prophet and reformer Zoroaster in the 6th century BC said.

Zoroastrianism

"
The Zoroastrian concept of God incorporates both monotheism and dualism. In his visions, Zarathustra was taken up to heaven, where Ahura Mazda revealed that he had an opponent, Aura Mainyu, the spirit and promoter of evil. Ahura Mazda charged Zarathustra with the task of inviting all human beings to choose between him (good) and Aura Mainyu (evil).
Though Zoroastrianism was never as aggressively monotheistic as Judaism or Islam, it does represent an original attempt at unifying under the worship of one supreme god a polytheistic religion comparable to those of the ancient Greeks, Latins, Indians, and other early peoples.
Its other salient feature, namely dualism, was never understood in an absolute, rigorous fashion. Good and Evil fight an unequal battle in which the former is assured of triumph. God's omnipotence is thus only temporarily limited.
Zoroaster taught that man must enlist in this cosmic struggle because of his capacity of free choice. Thus Zoroastrianism is a highly ethical religion in which the choice of good over evil has almost cosmic importance. Zarathustra taught that humans are free to choose between right and wrong, truth and lie, and light and dark, and that their choices would affect their eternity destiny.
The Zoroastrian afterlife is determined by the balance of the good and evil deeds, words, and thoughts of the whole life. For those whose good deeds outweight the bad, heaven awaits. Those who did more evil than good go to hell (which has several levels corresponding to degrees of wickedness). There is an intermediate stage for those whose deeds weight out equally.
This general principle is not absolute, however, but allows for human weakness. All faults do not have to be registered or weighed forever on the scales. There are two means of effacing them: confession and the transfer of supererogatory merits (similar to the Roman Catholic "Treasury of Merits"). The latter is the basis for Zoroastrian prayers and ceremonies for the departed.
Zoroaster invoked saviors who, like the dawns of new days, would come to the world. He hoped himself to be one of them. After his death, the belief in coming saviors developed. He also incorporated belief in angels and demons.
Zoroaster's ideas of ethical monotheism, heaven, hell, angelology, the resurrection of the body, and the messiah figure were influential on Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, though to what extent is not known for certain.

Zoroastrianism - ReligionFacts

When did the religon Islam start?

Trey of Diamonds

no one chooses hell or heaven. ones destination is determined by their deeds.

But what if you could choose? In fact, what if you could choose your Heaven? I've always thought Valhalla would be a cool Heaven to be in. You get to go to war every single day and at the end of it all the dead rise up and have a feast together. It's like living at the Ren-Fest, forever! :knight:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

islam started with Adam peace be upon him, the first man and prophet on earth (if you believe in creation) and the last prophet was Muhammed peace be upon him. in between the two there are about 124 000 other prophets who were sent to all nations. they all called people to one common thing, Monotheism (tawhid), to worship none other than Allah and ascribe no partners to him.

the word islam means "Submission to the will of Allah (God)" a muslim is "Someone who has submitted to the will of Allah"

thanks for sharing that story, i never knew what Zoroastrianism was about.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
But what if you could choose? In fact, what if you could choose your Heaven? I've always thought Valhalla would be a cool Heaven to be in. You get to go to war every single day and at the end of it all the dead rise up and have a feast together. It's like living at the Ren-Fest, forever! :knight:

we both seem to be talking about the place called Heaven, however we have different concepts of what it is.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
"ones destination is determined by their deeds"

Wow, that is the same thing the Iranian prophet and reformer Zoroaster in the 6th century BC said.

Zoroastrianism

"
The Zoroastrian concept of God incorporates both monotheism and dualism. In his visions, Zarathustra was taken up to heaven, where Ahura Mazda revealed that he had an opponent, Aura Mainyu, the spirit and promoter of evil. Ahura Mazda charged Zarathustra with the task of inviting all human beings to choose between him (good) and Aura Mainyu (evil).
Though Zoroastrianism was never as aggressively monotheistic as Judaism or Islam, it does represent an original attempt at unifying under the worship of one supreme god a polytheistic religion comparable to those of the ancient Greeks, Latins, Indians, and other early peoples.
Its other salient feature, namely dualism, was never understood in an absolute, rigorous fashion. Good and Evil fight an unequal battle in which the former is assured of triumph. God's omnipotence is thus only temporarily limited.
Zoroaster taught that man must enlist in this cosmic struggle because of his capacity of free choice. Thus Zoroastrianism is a highly ethical religion in which the choice of good over evil has almost cosmic importance. Zarathustra taught that humans are free to choose between right and wrong, truth and lie, and light and dark, and that their choices would affect their eternity destiny.
The Zoroastrian afterlife is determined by the balance of the good and evil deeds, words, and thoughts of the whole life. For those whose good deeds outweight the bad, heaven awaits. Those who did more evil than good go to hell (which has several levels corresponding to degrees of wickedness). There is an intermediate stage for those whose deeds weight out equally.
This general principle is not absolute, however, but allows for human weakness. All faults do not have to be registered or weighed forever on the scales. There are two means of effacing them: confession and the transfer of supererogatory merits (similar to the Roman Catholic "Treasury of Merits"). The latter is the basis for Zoroastrian prayers and ceremonies for the departed.
Zoroaster invoked saviors who, like the dawns of new days, would come to the world. He hoped himself to be one of them. After his death, the belief in coming saviors developed. He also incorporated belief in angels and demons.
Zoroaster's ideas of ethical monotheism, heaven, hell, angelology, the resurrection of the body, and the messiah figure were influential on Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, though to what extent is not known for certain.

Zoroastrianism - ReligionFacts

What's your point?

shawn001

islam started with Adam peace be upon him, the first man and prophet on earth (if you believe in creation) and the last prophet was Muhammed peace be upon him. in between the two there are about 124 000 other prophets who were sent to all nations. they all called people to one common thing, Monotheism (tawhid), to worship none other than Allah and ascribe no partners to him.

the word islam means "Submission to the will of Allah (God)" a muslim is "Someone who has submitted to the will of Allah"

thanks for sharing that story, i never knew what Zoroastrianism was about.

"thanks for sharing that story, i never knew what Zoroastrianism was about"

No problem, its good to learn the history of religions.

"islam started with Adam"

when was that roughly? 1,000, 10,000, 100,000, a million, a billion years ago?

Zoroastrianism was the first attempt at Monotheism.

The sumerians were the first to develop writing and civilization around 4000 BC, although there were people living in that area around 7000 BC. Although the Egyptian's were right on their heals with the writing.

Abraham came from the Sumerian city of UR.

DandyAndy

Lets say you die and find out that there really is a Heaven and a Hell. Lets also say that you're told Hell is full of all your friends and those few family members you actually like while Heaven is full of all those self righteous evangelicals you despise. Now, you're given a choice; Heaven or Hell? Which would you choose? Why?

I want to go to heaven because that's where my Creator is. All the other people I know in this life are secondary. I'm going where Christ is.

Trey of Diamonds

I want to go to heaven because that's where my Creator is. All the other people I know in this life are secondary. I'm going where Christ is.

While Jesus seems to be a pretty cool guy and I'd love the chance to meet him, the Creator tends to be angry, wrathful and downright rude. Where he resides really didn't enter into my decision.

Cordoba

Heaven, surely

It's like asking do you prefer living all your life in a luxury 7 stars hotel, or living underground in a coal mine!

As for friends and family in the Hereafter, there is a chance for those who are in Hell to eventually get out of Hell and be admitted into Paradise with one condition: that they have the minimum level of faith in God (even if it's only an atom's weight according to a hadith by Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him):

“Whoever said “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a barley grain will be taken out of Hell.

And whoever said “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a wheat grain will be taken out of Hell.

And whoever said , “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of an atom will be taken out of Hell.”

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Maybe in this world, ToD

But for sure no company can make Hell Paradise !!

As for Paradise, you visit the friends and family you want to visit

No one can force you in Paradise to meet those you don't want to meet, even though all bad human feelings people have in this world will be removed from them in Paradise, so you will not hate or dislike anybody there ...

Trey of Diamonds

even though all bad human feelings people have in this world will be removed from them in Paradise, so you will not hate or dislike anybody there ...

Ok, so this thread was intended to point out the fact that some people try to dictate what Heaven and Hell is and who gets to go, in a light hearted fashion. But you bring up a very interesting point here. If all bad human feelings are removed, will we still be human? Will we still be ourselves? If not, why does it even matter what we do in this life? If the people in Heaven have all their bad feelings removed do the people in Hell have all their good feelings removed?