• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help finding what religion fits best?

Ok. So, I’ve been jumping from religion to religion for a looooong time now. I think I’ve finally come up with a list of things that I believe. Here they are:
-There are three types of ‘energy’, masculine, feminine, androgynous
-These are the closest thing I believe in to gods
-There are a significant number of spirits, divided into groups like ‘hearth’ or ‘war’
-Everything has all three types of energy within it
-Everyone has a different perception of reality
-All religions are true, the truth is different to all of us

Also:
-The religion has to be *relatively* accepting of the occult and magick
-The religion has to be LGBTQ+ friendly

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Ok. So, I’ve been jumping from religion to religion for a looooong time now. I think I’ve finally come up with a list of things that I believe. Here they are:
-There are a significant number of spirits, divided into groups like ‘hearth’ or ‘war’

Also:

Sounds New Age or Neopagan. Or your own brand of whatever you want to call it.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Also:
Interesting approach. My approach was "This is what I believe but, God, you believe something different so I'm changing my perspective".

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
Sounds New Age or Neopagan. Or your own brand of whatever you want to call it.
Imma add onto this... I see the person who made the original post is 13. So I wonder @EternalDisaster have you heard of syncretic and eclectic belief systems? I didn't when I was your age. You don't have to follow just one path. You can mix some ideas from many paths. I for one mix paganism with Luciferianism. In syncretic and eclectic belief systems you don't follow either path follow that you take from rather you make your own. Like Wicca and Christianity make a path called Trintarian Wicca for instance. If you have any questions on how mixing two belief systems works you can ask me. I'll try to explain how I do so in my own path.

VoidCat

Thank you both for answering! Do you know of any (slightly) more specific new age/neopagan religions to research?
Wicca
Norse paganism
Kemeticism
Druidism
Greek paganism
Those are a few off the top of my head. There are many types of Wicca and Norse paganism tho.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

Also:
Sounds like a New Age-y form of eclectic Wicca.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Wicca
Norse paganism
Kemeticism
Druidism
Greek paganism
Those are a few off the top of my head. There are many types of Wicca and Norse paganism tho.
Honestly, Greek polytheism would not be for this person, at least in the traditional forms, as magick is not accepted. It was viewed as hubris. That's just one area I can see a clash occuring.

Wicca
Norse paganism
Kemeticism
Druidism
Greek paganism

To answer your first question, I have heard of those terms. I’ve been scouring the internet for info on paganism and new age religions since I was 10 or 11.

Thank you for posting the list. I’m not drawn to Wicca, since it has way too much dualism for my personal taste. Other than that, I’m going to have to look into Druidism and Norse paganism a bit more.

Honestly, Greek polytheism would not be for this person, at least in the traditional forms, as magick is not accepted. It was viewed as hubris. That's just one area I can see a clash occuring.

I know you weren’t addressing me, but I’m going to reply anyway. I didn’t know that it was viewed as hubris, and do you mind telling me what other areas it might clash with my personal beliefs?

VoidCat

Ok I don't know much about that path as I don't follow it

To answer your first question, I have heard of those terms. I’ve been scouring the internet for info on paganism and new age religions since I was 10 or 11.

Thank you for posting the list. I’m not drawn to Wicca, since it has way too much dualism for my personal taste. Other than that, I’m going to have to look into Druidism and Norse paganism a bit more.
Like I said there are hundreds of pantheons. Hundreds if not thousands. You have a lot of options. On Norse paganism...theres this good YouTuber...usually I don't get info from YouTube but this person has published a few books and is an archeologist on the topic... https://youtube.com/c/ArithHärger
It's a good starting point at least.
As far as books go there's the Kindle app maybe you can see if your parents would get you a kindle unlimited subscription? It could help. Then there's this link to help you find free books online in general one site being to sacred texts from religions : 15 Of The Best Places To Find Free Books Online | Book Riot

Edit: you don't need a kindle for the Kindle app. I don't use a kindle and I read books on the app

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I know you weren’t addressing me, but I’m going to reply anyway. I didn’t know that it was viewed as hubris, and do you mind telling me what other areas it might clash with my personal beliefs?
Views of the Gods, definitely. There are 12 Olympian Gods, which make up the main pantheon - 6 male and 6 female, forming 6 divine pairs. They're not viewed as energies, but actual persons. I don't see how your view of energies/Gods would fit into that.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Religion hu man. Natural being first.

No fear no wrongs no coercion by science the group who was human families first lying bully. Brothers group of man men's choice.

Who invented civilization for greed and control fear and destruction.

His first thesis... how to remove god earth by man's science invention.

Owns the exact same human state as a life equal on earth as any human.

No matter what control he believes he owns as the rich men group. Coercion and fear tactic. His end is an equal human by decree natural first.

VoidCat

I just thought I'd add this... When I was your age my family did not allow me to research paganism cuz it was a strict christian household. I wrote all the above assuming that your parents are ok with you researching other religions and seeing as you said you said you been researching since 10 im assuming your parents are ok with it. But assuming they are not ok with other religions and you have been researching behind their back...
Two tips both worked in my case

Book covers are your best friend. Take notes in a binder and in code if possible(my family was the type to read my notebooks)

And if you are caught and it's a strict christian household tell them you are reading up on different religions so you can understand them well enough to convert nonchristians to Christianity. That ended up being how I was able to research openly

I just thought I'd add this... When I was your age my family did not allow me to research paganism cuz it was a strict christian household. I wrote all the above assuming that your parents are ok with you researching other religions and seeing as you said you said you been researching since 10 im assuming your parents are ok with it. But assuming they are not ok with other religions and you have been researching behind their back...
Two tips both worked in my case

Book covers are your best friend. Take notes in a binder and in code if possible(my family was the type to read my notebooks)

And if you are caught and it's a strict christian household tell them you are reading up on different religions so you can understand them well enough to convert nonchristians to Christianity. That ended up being how I was able to research openly

My parents definitely aren’t ok with it… I once heard my mother talking about how the occult was a “dangerous thing to dabble in”. As for your tips, I already write in code. Luckily, I can tell my parents it’s a diary and get away with it. But I still encode it into the y cipher, then into morse code.

VoidCat

My parents definitely aren’t ok with it… I once heard my mother talking about how the occult was a “dangerous thing to dabble in”. As for your tips, I already write in code. Luckily, I can tell my parents it’s a diary and get away with it. But I still encode it into the y cipher, then into morse code.
oof. I feel that.