• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help finding what religion fits best?

Suave

Simulated character
Ok. So, I’ve been jumping from religion to religion for a looooong time now. I think I’ve finally come up with a list of things that I believe. Here they are:
-There are three types of ‘energy’, masculine, feminine, androgynous
-These are the closest thing I believe in to gods
-There are a significant number of spirits, divided into groups like ‘hearth’ or ‘war’
-Everything has all three types of energy within it
-Everyone has a different perception of reality
-All religions are true, the truth is different to all of us

Also:
-The religion has to be *relatively* accepting of the occult and magick
-The religion has to be LGBTQ+ friendly

I find a simulated universe based religion to be superior over any other religion, because there are real indicators of us living in a simulation, and a simulated universe might be a testable hypothesis.

God is life's Creator. Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code
  • May 2013
  • Icarus 224(1):228–242
DOI:10.1016/j.icarus.2013.02.017
Authors:

Vladimir Shcherbak
Maxim Makukov

The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might be related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

You shall have no gods before the creator of the heavens and earth, life's creator!

God is the controller of simulations.

There are five indications of us living in a simulation:

1. Crude simulations and virtual realities have already been simulated by computers .
A study conducted by Henry Markram and his team at the Blue Brain project have successfully simulated elements of a rat’s neocortical column, a complex layer of brain tissue common to all mammalian species. " Henry Markram at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne and his team built their model based on experimental measurements of rat brain slices. The simulation represents roughly 37 million synapses, or neuronal connections, in the brain region that receives sensory information from the whiskers and other parts of the body. Using the model, the team simulated rat whisker movement and saw similar neuronal responses to those observed in rat experiments."

Computer model of rat-brain part - Nature.

I realize a computer simulation of a rat's neocortical column is nowhere near the complexity of a computer simulation of an entire living human brain, but this does demonstrate at least a bit of progress so far being made towards an entire human brain's consciousness being simulated by a computer.

Perhaps when scientists have figured out how to read the actual results of a consciousness simulation, then the simulation hypothesis will become a widely accepted theory.

2. Wave-function collapse - Matter exists as a probability wave that collapses to a particle upon observation. Wave-function collapse would be expected in a simulated reality, because computational resources would be conserved by only simulating observed matter.

3. Matrix glitches - Paranormal phenomenon might happen in a simulation where the rules governing the simulation are disrupted or changed

4 Compromises in simulation algorithms - The human mind and the internet use very similar algorithms or methods to manage the flow of information., these methods often take short cuts to conserve energy or conserve computational resources, this might be expected in a computer simulation.

Study: Internet, Human Brain Use Similar Algorithms to Process Info

5. Computer code found in string theory.

It might not be lights-out game-over after ionic currents cease flowing across the minds of God's favorite characters who might be re-simulated or re-animated in a virtual paradise world by God.

Some physicists have proposed a method for testing if we are in a numerical simulated cubic space-time lattice Matrix or simulated universe with an underlying grid.
[1210.1847] Constraints on the Universe as a Numerical Simulation

Based on the assumption that there'd be finite computational resources, a simulated universe would be performed by dividing up the space-time continuum into individually separate and distinctive points. Analogous to mini-simulations that lattice-gauge theorists conduct to construct nuclei based on Quantum Chromodynamics, observable effects of a grid-like space-time have been studied from these computer simulations which use a 3-D grid to model how elementary particles move and collide with each other. Anomalies found in these simulations suggest that if we are in a simulation universe with an underlying grid, then there'd be various amounts of high energy cosmic rays coming at us from each direction; but if space is continuous, then there'd be high energy cosmic rays coming at us equally from every direction.
In a simulated universe, we'd expect to observe cosmic rays travelling predominately along the axes of the lattice of our simulated universe/Matrix in contrast to being observed emanating equally in all directions of unconstrained space; this implies the existence of a simulator ( a.k.a. -God)

High Energy Physics - Phenomenology
Constraints on the Universe as a Numerical Simulation
Silas R. Beane, Zohreh Davoudi, Martin J. Savage
(Submitted on 4 Oct 2012 (v1), last revised 9 Nov 2012 (this version, v2))

I can’t reply to all these posts, but I have read them. Thank you for writing them, but I would appreciate some time to read through them more thoroughly.

In regards to belief that all religions are true, it’s a bit difficult to explain. My best summary is that everyone has a slightly different reality, truth is different to everyone. If there’s a different god in your view of reality, that’s fine. Everyone has a different perspective, and who am I to tell you right from wrong. As long as you don’t discriminate, I’m going to respect you and your religion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can’t reply to all these posts, but I have read them. Thank you for writing them, but I would appreciate some time to read through them more thoroughly.

In regards to belief that all religions are true, it’s a bit difficult to explain. My best summary is that everyone has a slightly different reality, truth is different to everyone. If there’s a different god in your view of reality, that’s fine. Everyone has a different perspective, and who am I to tell you right from wrong. As long as you don’t discriminate, I’m going to respect you and your religion.

Okay I misunderstood your stance.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Ok. So, I’ve been jumping from religion to religion for a looooong time now. I think I’ve finally come up with a list of things that I believe. Here they are:
-There are a significant number of spirits, divided into groups like ‘hearth’ or ‘war’

Also:

Hmm. It could be that no religion would befit you at this time. If you are interested in Hermetic Qabalah and the rituals of the Golden Dawn that were made public, you could study and practice those things and say that is the closest thing you have to a religion. I used to know a guy who was like that.

Vee

Premium Member

Also:

If you're looking for a custom made religion, you might need to create one yourself.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From my experience, people of this religion say they are spiritual but not religious. I don't get the difference, but it probably means they have no official scripture that is authority from God nor leaders appointed by God.
What religion does?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
You could further explore neo-paganism or do research on forging your own religion. Bliss in a religion of one is greater than potentially agonizing as just another one in a million. Don't ever be concerned with fitting in with any group you suspect you're not comfortable with.

You could further explore neo-paganism or do research on forging your own religion. Bliss in a religion of one is greater than potentially agonizing as just another one in a million. Don't ever be concerned with fitting in with any group you suspect you're not comfortable with.
Thank you for the advice. I’m probably going to (for lack of a better word) try neopaganism. If it doesn’t fit, I can also forge my own.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Also:

Why join a religion and not just believe?

I myself am in a space where I am now just exploring all lines of philosophy and religion, but not committing to one, because in order to do that I would have and to have researched and thought through every religion under the sun and beyond. My life experience and what I find important in the life has recently lead me to explore the philosophical side of Daoism and Hinduism, but I have no inclination to join them.

So my advice would be to "explore, explore, explore" and the pieces will naturally fall into place. Belief isn't something that we can control, so we shouldn't try and determine the outcome of belief by limiting our minds and allegiance through attachment to one religion.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I find a simulated universe based religion to be superior over any other religion, because there are real indicators of us living in a simulation, and a simulated universe might be a testable hypothesis.

God is life's Creator. Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code
  • May 2013
  • Icarus 224(1):228–242
DOI:10.1016/j.icarus.2013.02.017
Authors:

Vladimir Shcherbak
Maxim Makukov

The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might be related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

You shall have no gods before the creator of the heavens and earth, life's creator!

God is the controller of simulations.

There are five indications of us living in a simulation:

1. Crude simulations and virtual realities have already been simulated by computers .
A study conducted by Henry Markram and his team at the Blue Brain project have successfully simulated elements of a rat’s neocortical column, a complex layer of brain tissue common to all mammalian species. " Henry Markram at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne and his team built their model based on experimental measurements of rat brain slices. The simulation represents roughly 37 million synapses, or neuronal connections, in the brain region that receives sensory information from the whiskers and other parts of the body. Using the model, the team simulated rat whisker movement and saw similar neuronal responses to those observed in rat experiments."

Computer model of rat-brain part - Nature.

I realize a computer simulation of a rat's neocortical column is nowhere near the complexity of a computer simulation of an entire living human brain, but this does demonstrate at least a bit of progress so far being made towards an entire human brain's consciousness being simulated by a computer.

Perhaps when scientists have figured out how to read the actual results of a consciousness simulation, then the simulation hypothesis will become a widely accepted theory.

2. Wave-function collapse - Matter exists as a probability wave that collapses to a particle upon observation. Wave-function collapse would be expected in a simulated reality, because computational resources would be conserved by only simulating observed matter.

3. Matrix glitches - Paranormal phenomenon might happen in a simulation where the rules governing the simulation are disrupted or changed

4 Compromises in simulation algorithms - The human mind and the internet use very similar algorithms or methods to manage the flow of information., these methods often take short cuts to conserve energy or conserve computational resources, this might be expected in a computer simulation.

Study: Internet, Human Brain Use Similar Algorithms to Process Info

5. Computer code found in string theory.

It might not be lights-out game-over after ionic currents cease flowing across the minds of God's favorite characters who might be re-simulated or re-animated in a virtual paradise world by God.

Some physicists have proposed a method for testing if we are in a numerical simulated cubic space-time lattice Matrix or simulated universe with an underlying grid.
[1210.1847] Constraints on the Universe as a Numerical Simulation

Based on the assumption that there'd be finite computational resources, a simulated universe would be performed by dividing up the space-time continuum into individually separate and distinctive points. Analogous to mini-simulations that lattice-gauge theorists conduct to construct nuclei based on Quantum Chromodynamics, observable effects of a grid-like space-time have been studied from these computer simulations which use a 3-D grid to model how elementary particles move and collide with each other. Anomalies found in these simulations suggest that if we are in a simulation universe with an underlying grid, then there'd be various amounts of high energy cosmic rays coming at us from each direction; but if space is continuous, then there'd be high energy cosmic rays coming at us equally from every direction.
In a simulated universe, we'd expect to observe cosmic rays travelling predominately along the axes of the lattice of our simulated universe/Matrix in contrast to being observed emanating equally in all directions of unconstrained space; this implies the existence of a simulator ( a.k.a. -God)

High Energy Physics - Phenomenology
Constraints on the Universe as a Numerical Simulation
Silas R. Beane, Zohreh Davoudi, Martin J. Savage
(Submitted on 4 Oct 2012 (v1), last revised 9 Nov 2012 (this version, v2))
First of all every natural type of mass existed in the law space. Only.

Gases burning are in space law light space owned. No matrix....machine causes falsely claim it by theist.

A human owns being conscious self identification is first.

Biological is not theistic.

A human had two choices live naturally or be an artificial term. Lie.

Theism sought design first to build a machine only.

Now the biological thinker had to build by design. Then think control operate the machine.

Inside machine of no control whatsoever was natural mass of any form they desired to change. No link to any past term another lie.

First little alchemical conversions for machine parts are thought designed then machine built to react.

By bio cell life consciouness.

Stephen 12 in bible inference end plus thin king proved how much biology the man of science has left.

As his brother natural biology is sex created. But the mind biology scientist is destroyed as designer.

Was his human message.

You seem to forget sex gives man his life. Thinking by artificial design removed it. As you were the designer yourself.

Why you claim such possessed thought brain thesis fake about design in nature.

Nature's design liar.

The tree as a tree is the design. Body type seen. Design.

The form human is the design is not DNA. DNA is just an expressed portion in biology.

Maths by signal causes transmitted by bio mind controlling machine. Bio the compared reason why.

Machine in reality cannot hurt us.

The liar brother mind controlling the machine is the destroyer mentality. Your knowledge understanding design thinking constantly controlling design...biology first.

Thesis is to lie.

You bodily consciously are just one self the human.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Psychotherapeutic modality
OK, then. That's fine -- as long as it's treated as such and not as absolute truth, a mandated belief system or the One True Modality.

We don't see the cognitive behavioralists fighting with the neurolinguists fighting with the psychoanalysts fighting with the Jungians. We do see the Catholics fighting with the Protestants, Calvinists with Lutherans, and the Sunnis with Shiites.

Psychotherapy and religion are what Gould would call non-overlapping magisteria. Non-overlapping magisteria - Wikipedia

If ones religion is, in fact, a therapeutic mode or a social club, please keep it out of discussions of religion or treating it as fact. Religion and therapy are very different things.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
OK, then. That's fine -- as long as it's treated as such and not as absolute truth, a mandated belief system or the One True Modality.

We don't see the cognitive behavioralists fighting with the neurolinguists fighting with the psychoanalysts fighting with the Jungians. We do see the Catholics fighting with the Protestants, Calvinists with Lutherans, and the Sunnis with Shiites.

Psychotherapy and religion are what Gould would call non-overlapping magisteria. Non-overlapping magisteria - Wikipedia

If ones religion is, in fact, a therapeutic mode or a social club, please keep it out of discussions of religion or treating it as fact. Religion and therapy are very different things.

Well, IMO religion and therapy are not that different. They both deal in good and sometimes there are overlap between them. Aspects of Buddhism spring to mind, ;) And in philosophy there is e.g. Stoicism and Skepticism.

I believe I have answered incorrectly. I did not really understand either of the terms. Personally, it is more about something I believe in rather than therapy. But I wouldn’t continue following a religion if it feel right for me.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, IMO religion and therapy are not that different. They both deal in good and sometimes there are overlap between them. Aspects of Buddhism spring to mind, ;) And in philosophy there is e.g. Stoicism and Skepticism.
Buddhism is more a psychotherapeutic modalaty than a religion, IMHO. It's aim is to reduce suffering.

True religion, it seems to me, is a claim of ontological truth.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe I have answered incorrectly. I did not really understand either of the terms. Personally, it is more about something I believe in rather than therapy. But I wouldn’t continue following a religion if it feel right for me.
Point taken. Personally, though, I prefer not to rely on feelings as my measure of ontological reality.