• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Help us stop the IndoctriNation!"

Photonic

Ad astra!
I am gonna say it bluntly to all the Theist our there: Teaching facts is not indoctrination!

Indoctrination is teaching something and not allowing to question if its is true.

Witch is EXACTLY what theist are doing! Its in your definition if Believe/Theist/Religion
Scientists can be criticized by any one, a student a bum a politician as long as they prove there point of course.

It surprises me how many people think that fact is malleable.

It wouldn't be fact if it was.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I am gonna say it bluntly to all the Theist our there: Teaching facts is not indoctrination!

Indoctrination is teaching something and not allowing to question if its is true.

Witch is EXACTLY what theist are doing! Its in your definition if Believe/Theist/Religion
Scientists can be criticized by any one, a student a bum a politician as long as they prove there point of course.

It's "which" not "witch" Just how much education have you had?

"It's "which" not "witch" Just how much education have you had?"

English is my 2nd language. And English spelling is incredibly hard. You have to know how to write each word. In many others languages you write it exactly like you hear it.

So cut me some slack, even most of native English speakers cant spell properly.

Can you read/write/speak/listen in Czech, Slovak or Russian?

And don't me started on Withes :D, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
"It's "which" not "witch" Just how much education have you had?"

English is my 2nd language. And English spelling is incredibly hard. You have to know how to write each word. In many others languages you write it exactly like you hear it.

So cut me some slack, even most of native English speakers cant spell properly.

Can you read/write/speak/listen in Czech, Slovak or Russian?

And don't me started on Withes :D, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

My apologies. If English is your second language your doing quite well. The thing that got me going was the corrective tone of that post.

Surely you can see how an incorrect post correcting another post looks on the surface.

Last edited:

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
My apologies. If English is your second language your doing quite well. The thing that got me going was the corrective tone of that post.

Surely you can see how an incorrect post correcting another post looks on the surface.

*You're :p

No one is perfect, since i dount want to be incorect i welcome every correction.

"I want to be proven wrong because i want be always wright" :D

Photonic

Ad astra!
No one is perfect, since i dount want to be incorect i welcome every correction.

"I want to be proven wrong because i want be always wright" :D

It annoys me that people somehow believe your argument is invalid because of how you spelled.

It's childish at best.

idea

Question Everything

Facts don't exist (everything is relative, not absolute - theory of relativity and all that). Everyone should be taught to question everything.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Facts don't exist (everything is relative, not absolute - theory of relativity and all that).

Facts do exist but are not absolute.

but consider chemistry....Start with H20. You know what it is and it's abundant and vital to our survival. Now let's mess with it. H202. This is Hydrogen Peroxide. You can't drink it and it acts as a bleach. It destroys blood cells if our cell comes in contact with it. H02 which is Hydroperoxy. Some believe this is what is responsible for ozone depletion. Playing around with these elements is factual and absolute.

Everyone should be taught to question everything.

They are...

Last edited:

Agnostic75

Man of Faith said:
We can’t observe and repeat the beginning of the universe, earth and millions of years of evolution. We can’t observe and repeat the origins of man in a lab, at least not yet, if ever. Yes we can observe that creatures change and adapt to their environments and if you want to call that a “fact” then that is fine, I won’t argue against that. However the origin of man is forensic science, not observable and repeatable science.

Evolution does not have anything at all to do with the origin of the universe, and the origin of humans. When Charles Darwin wrote 'On the Origin of Species,' he was a theist, not an atheist.

Over 98% of American scientists who study the earth and its lifeforms accept evolution, whether naturalistic evolution, or theistic evolution. That obviously includes many Christians, some of whom are conservatives.

Ken Miller, Ph.D., biology, is an expert on evolution, including the evolution of the flagellum. He testified in the Dover trial. Miller is a devout Roman Catholic.

Following are two Internet links by Miller:

Video - Evolution of the flagellum and other aspects of evolution
[youtube]0hW7ddJOWko[/youtube]
Ken Miller on Bacterial Flagellum - YouTube

Article - Evolution of the flagellum
The Flagellum Unspun

Based upon the opinions of the vast majority of experts, which includes many Christians, it is reasonable to assume that if a God exists, he has used evolution. You can reject evolution based upon religious presuppositionalism, but that does not have anything to do with science.

Do you believe that a global flood occurred, and that the earth is young?

Last edited: