• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's your chance: Stump the Christian Chump

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Experiences are learning experiences for us. Whether it's from work, raising children, running a marathon, etc.
So this concept of "eternal glory" is perplexing because the "idea" is to be with god. But it's about still worshiping and glorification of god. Since that's been done for most of your mortal life, then is it safe to say that there isn't any more to learn in heaven?

A

angellous_evangellous

Was Melchizedek the Priest in Hebrews 7 equal to Christ. Can the Logos incarnate on earth more then once ?

No, I don't think so.

The whole point of Melchizedek, IMHO, is to show that someone outside of the priestly line can be a powerful spiritual leader.

A

angellous_evangellous

Experiences are learning experiences for us. Whether it's from work, raising children, running a marathon, etc.
So this concept of "eternal glory" is perplexing because the "idea" is to be with god. But it's about still worshiping and glorification of god. Since that's been done for most of your mortal life, then is it safe to say that there isn't any more to learn in heaven?

Christians believe that the resurrected body will be radically different than this earthly body. Our outfit for heaven, in other words, allows for radically different experiences.

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, you didn't answer the question.:shrug:

Sorry sandy, I'm not going to play games with you.

You've seen how I've responded earlier to statements regarding God's judgement, and I sought to clarify it as best as possible.

As for two judgements? I think that there are several judgments of God - God determines what sin is and when we sin, that's a judgement. God judges nations and cities. There's a final judgement.

A

angellous_evangellous

Why does it call him a type of Christ without beginning or end.

Well, I don't know.

In my consistency, I would say that the type without end simply means that the legacy of M. is written in Scripture and therefore imprinted in the faith forever.