• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
First question; How much off topic might I be?

Next question: How is it righteous to be calling The Bible able to lead a person to righteousness?

Many people profess the Bible to be the "final authority" EVEN IN ITS TRANSLATED STATE.

I know God is The Final Authority. I know Christ Jesus is the person who leads me to righteousness.

I have never, ever said the Bible is not a tool to reach Jehovah with Jesus Christ.

To be calling a tool "the final authority" is what? I can think of a lot of things, but I do not feel like choosing one to write it down.

They don't understand.

COGTHW

You said, what is wrong with scriptures?" and I said, "how long do we have?".
I mean how long do YOU have and how much time might I want to try to explain it AGAIN.

I believe in the scriptures 1000% for me not to believe on the scriptures is unrighteous to God. 'He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.' John 7:38 has the scriptures have said Hallelujah Jesus. We love you oh Holy God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe in the scriptures 1000% for me not to believe on the scriptures is unrighteous to God. 'He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.' John 7:38 has the scriptures have said Hallelujah Jesus. We love you oh Holy God.
There you go discrediting yourself.........or is the third zero a mistake?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
John 7:38 just means that Jesus is for fulfilling what was written before him. He is respecting the prophets by saying that.

See: if you dare.......

http://biblehub.com/john/7-38.htm

COGTHW

There you go discrediting yourself.........or is the third zero a mistake?

'For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.' 2 Peter 1:21 not by the will of man BUT the Holy God of heaven, Hallelujah Jesus. Moved on them, told them to write and they did.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
'For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.' 2 Peter 1:21 not by the will of man BUT the Holy God of heaven, Hallelujah Jesus. Moved on them, told them to write and they did.
Do you want to please answer post #33.

If there is a scripture which was changed from its Holy Spirit inspired original, can it be considered something that God said?

People say God won't let any meaning change. Are you one of such believers?

Let me tell you that to propagate such nonsense is anti-christ.

COGTHW

Do you want to please answer post #33.

If there is a scripture which was changed from its Holy Spirit inspired original, can it be considered something that God said?

People say God won't let any meaning change. Are you one of such believers?

Let me tell you that to propagate such nonsense is anti-christ.

Which scripture.?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do you believe this?
Are you familiar with the alternatives? If you'd been born in Riyadh, would you believe in Muslim scriptures? If in Delhi, would you be quoting the Gita?

The scriptures are from God.
How do you know this? They're full of inaccuracies and contradictions. The anthology has been assembled by a particular sect -- with an agenda, and even Bible scholars say they're heavily edited, altered and mistranslated.

COGTHW

Why do you believe this?
Are you familiar with the alternatives? If you'd been born in Riyadh, would you believe in Muslim scriptures? If in Delhi, would you be quoting the Gita?

How do you know this? They're full of inaccuracies and contradictions. The anthology has been assembled by a particular sect -- with an agenda, and even Bible scholars say they're heavily edited, altered and mistranslated.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16