• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You was saying if as you knew one. I asked which one.
I know a lot of them and I suspect that others are wrong also.

Some of them show up wrong just by comparing them with what is written IN IT, as god-breathed and some just seem to be wrong because they contradict the truth, which is love.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16
So scripture is reliable because scripture says scripture is reliable?:confused:

COGTHW

I know a lot of them and I suspect that others are wrong also.

Some of them show up wrong just by comparing them with what is written IN IT, as god-breathed and some just seem to be wrong because they contradict the truth, which is love.

Ok.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
100 people figuratively kick me black and blue for disagreeing with their traditional scriptures, and so I am finding it hard to believe that you won't kicked me too. @COGTHW

COGTHW

100 people figuratively kick me black and blue for disagreeing with their traditional scriptures, and so I am finding it hard to believe that you won't kicked me too. @COGTHW

Why would I fight or speak bad or get in an uproar. I love you sis, disagreeing with you back and forth is not going to gain godliness, but make you run away from me.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
'For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.' 2 Peter 1:21 not by the will of man BUT the Holy God of heaven, Hallelujah Jesus. Moved on them, told them to write and they did.
In my medical rotation through the Sheppard Pratt mental hospital, in Baltimore, I met many people who claimed divine inspiration. It's a common phenomenon.
What makes unsubstantiated, ancient writings of unknown people more authoritative than the claims of your average schizophrenic?

COGTHW

In my medical rotation through the Sheppard Pratt mental hospital, in Baltimore, I met many people who claimed divine inspiration. It's a common phenomenon.
What makes unsubstantiated, ancient writings of unknown people more authoritative than the claims of your average schizophrenic?

The Lord Jesus Christ is with me. Schizophrenia people are no match for Christ Jesus cause He is a Healer. Hallelujah Jesus.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it alright to assign some roles here for the purpose of an illustration?

Let us assume, say, or believe that Jesus Christ is leading us to know YHVH (Jehovah; God; G-d).

Let's say he is leading us through The Valley of Death. Psalm 23:4

Let's say the Bible is our map. It is his map and we are with him so it is our map too.

Considering this expedition through the Valley of Death, WHO is the final authority?

Ok, wait a minute. Who or what is the final authority?

If you are anything but Christian, you might say, "nobody" or you might say, "God".

I think that if you are calling yourself a Christian you have to say, "Christ" and that Jesus is Christ.

OK?

In any case, is the MAP the final authority?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the map is the final authority, you have placed it over the guide, who is Jesus (I am sure).

You are making the map your guide and so you do not need Jesus. If you do, please tell me what for.

Are they going to call that Bad English?

You have your map, it is your final authority. What do you need Jesus for?

Is that better?

Onoma

What about pre-biblical examples of the " holy spirit " in Mesopotamia ?

The Amarna letters from Canaan to Egypt, for example

Onoma

With a principled study, you can show that there seems to be a " holy spirit " associated with the ruling lineages that date all the way back to the priestly stations in Sumerian city-states

I know that's " blasphemous " for some of you to consider, but seriously get a grip and read a few books, it might help you have a new found appreciation for the Bible

COGTHW

With a principled study, you can show that there seems to be a " holy spirit " associated with the ruling lineages that date all the way back to the priestly stations in Sumerian city-states

I know that's " blasphemous " for some of you to consider, but seriously get a grip and read a few books, it might help you have a new found appreciation for the Bible

The Holy Spirit is God. Of Course they had the Holy Spirit Daniel spoke in tongues. Did you know that.?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What is the spiritual experience and ultimate evidence that a believer has the Holy Ghost.?? ( SCRIPTURES ONLY, not website links ) Lets talk Scriptures.!!
The ultimate experience of the Holy Spirit is believing Jesus is the Son of God, i.e. the experience that gets you resurrected into eternal life. Without that your faith is useless.