• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeopathy is bunk!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I dont think you have answered my questions. You have just provided some junk from the sources I dont trust as your proof. I asked about personal experience :)
Irrelevant. Personal experience isn't proof.

A sample size of one isn't even large enough to calculate a standard deviation. IOW, if I only go by my own experience, not only may I be completely wrong, I have no way of telling just how wrong I might be.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
This is what we call a classic duck and evasion.

As a responsible homeopath and reiki practitioner you've certainly done the research. Haven't you?

And please don't tell us that you've "mastered" the level of Reiki that allows you to practice distance healing.

Well, considering people on this thread are so set on having their mind made up about this subject, i would like to hear enough evidence to prove to me that homeopathy does not work. So far all I hear is empty claims.

And please, do your research, distance healing is reiki level 2, i am level 3, master teacher.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
Irrelevant. Personal experience isn't proof.

A sample size of one isn't even large enough to calculate a standard deviation. IOW, if I only go by my own experience, not only may I be completely wrong, I have no way of telling just how wrong I might be.

Irrelevant in your reality, personal experience is all the rage in mine. Prove that your reality is better or "more real" than mine.
And yes, I am glad you are seeing a possibility that you might be wrong :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Well, considering people on this thread are so set on having their mind made up about this subject, i would like to hear enough evidence to prove to me that homeopathy does not work. So far all I hear is empty claims.
... and rigorous studies proving under scientific conditions that homeopathy doesn't work.

... and basic scientific knowledge about how matter is put together, which are contradicted by the basic principles of homeopathy.

... and the fact that people can take a week's supply of homeopathic "sleeping pills" at a time and suffer no effects whatsoever.

But yes, all this pales in comparison to your fallacious conclusion that because you took homeopathic remedies before feeling better, the remedy is why you felt better.

And please, do your research, distance healing is reiki level 2, i am level 3, master teacher.
Conclusion:  In conclusion, the evidence is insufficient to suggest that reiki is an effective treatment for any condition. Therefore the value of reiki remains unproven.
Effects of reiki in clinical practice: a systematic review of randomised clinical trials - Lee - 2008 - International Journal of Clinical Practice - Wiley Online Library

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
No, it's called providing evidence.

I also note that the first people to respond speaking positively of homeopathy mentioned herbal remedies. Which just goes to show they do not even understand the meaning of the term.

Do you know the meaning of the term?

Also, I've been through the mill of recovery and watched too many people get hurt by spiritual healers, alternative medicine pushers and other BS practitioners.

And they say the same thing you do. "Our personal experience is good enough. We do not need any research to tell us anything." All before they proceeded to push their ******** on people who were in the most fragile mental state of their lives.

So tell me, do you know what you are talking about? Can you provide evidence? Case studies? Do you even know what it is?

Or are you just another bull****ter who gets irritated because when you are called out on your ******** you cannot defend it?

And spare us the personal story. People use personal stories to defend exorcisms, faith healing and abusing their children.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! HA! WOW, THANKS :rainbow1:

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
... and rigorous studies proving under scientific conditions that homeopathy doesn't work.

... and basic scientific knowledge about how matter is put together, which are contradicted by the basic principles of homeopathy.

... and the fact that people can take a week's supply of homeopathic "sleeping pills" at a time and suffer no effects whatsoever.

But yes, all this pales in comparison to your fallacious conclusion that because you took homeopathic remedies before feeling better, the remedy is why you felt better.

Effects of reiki in clinical practice: a systematic review of randomised clinical trials - Lee - 2008 - International Journal of Clinical Practice - Wiley Online Library

I have all the compassion in the world for you my friend, come talk to me sometimes about your dellusions, I might be able to help to wake you up. *hug* :rainbow1:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Can you please provide to me some objective evidence that you love your family. :)
When I tell you that I'm not getting my family vaccinated because my love for them will protect them from disease, certainly. Until then, it's not exactly relevant to the discussion at hand, is it?

gnomon

oh wow, i better throw all my herbs away, and fast, before they damage me!! :D

Yep.I thought homeopathy was just expensive alcohol or water untill I got into it.

But seeing as Auto thinks it's rubbish and dangerous I'll go straight away and throw out the nux and while I'm at it I'll loose the flower remedies also. After all, I am sure Auto knows all about it, to have made such sweeping comments.

Homeopathy works for me. Also for my kids, my husband, his parents and my granma. It even works for my Mother, who is morbidly religious. And for my sister who is an atheist. Also for my adopted granma, homeopathy has cured her heart condition, prolonging her life. But then who am I to talk, I am a reiki master...

Irrelevant in your reality, personal experience is all the rage in mine. Prove that your reality is better or "more real" than mine.
And yes, I am glad you are seeing a possibility that you might be wrong :)

This is pretty much your entire contribution.

You started off talking about throwing away herbs. Herbal medicine is not homeopathic.

Can you discuss homeopathic medicine or not? Do you know what it is?

All you've said is "me and my kids use it" which means nothing. To counter that just takes on personal experience to negate your statement. I spent quite a bit of time involved with Ridgeview Institute. From AA, to NA, to EA, to DBPA, etc. there were a number of people who missed out on an earlier and better recovery because people were shoving anything from faith healing, to herbs, spiritual recovery, to homeopathy on many of those people. They didn't work. I was fortunate enough to see the people who didn't succeed in killing themselves but finally found a conventional and rational approach to recovery.

What's your response? That homeopathy and other "alternative medicines" are not for mental health recovery? The truth is that all of them are advertised by some of the practitioners as recovery for physical, mental and spiritual health.

And in my experience from people who were suffering, not your kids with they can't get to sleep that night or someone has a stress headache, they don't work.

So now, on to your evidence........ball's in your court.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm seeing a pattern here, katiafish. First the "chemtrails", and now this. I guess when taken together it makes sense. The funny part to me is the fact that you want others to "be open to the possibility that they're wrong", when you're the farthest thing from it. When you're challenged, you just close up, and say "I feel sorry for you, and I hope you see the light someday". That's not the attitude of someone who has an open mind.

gnomon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! HA! WOW, THANKS :rainbow1:

Now you are laughing at people who were suffering in a mental/drug recovery hospital.

Is that what you have to do to increase your prowess. Show no compassion.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Erm, let me put it this way. I am not undertaking any other treatments apart from the energy healing that I am actually doing myself. I am observing the results and making the conclusions, just like anyone does, eg: I was not well prior taking remedies, i was well after taking them, hence it must have affected me in a positive way.
Did you do any double blind studies?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Generic medicine's have a herbal base? Don't you realize every doctor, pharmacist, chemist, student and basically every human being on this planet already know about all the medicines derived from herbs. Herbs that have been studied, tested and put through trials that serve medicinal purposes we call medicine!
Are you confusing homeopathy with holistic medicine?

Last edited:

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
This is pretty much your entire contribution.

You started off talking about throwing away herbs. Herbal medicine is not homeopathic.

Can you discuss homeopathic medicine or not? Do you know what it is?

All you've said is "me and my kids use it" which means nothing. To counter that just takes on personal experience to negate your statement. I spent quite a bit of time involved with Ridgeview Institute. From AA, to NA, to EA, to DBPA, etc. there were a number of people who missed out on an earlier and better recovery because people were shoving anything from faith healing, to herbs, spiritual recovery, to homeopathy on many of those people. They didn't work. I was fortunate enough to see the people who didn't succeed in killing themselves but finally found a conventional and rational approach to recovery.

What's your response? That homeopathy and other "alternative medicines" are not for mental health recovery? The truth is that all of them are advertised by some of the practitioners as recovery for physical, mental and spiritual health.

And in my experience from people who were suffering, not your kids with they can't get to sleep that night or someone has a stress headache, they don't work.

So now, on to your evidence........ball's in your court.

Ok, so much so, i am not a scientist or homeopath for that matter, however, i do know what homeopathy is, if you like a reminder, here is a link for you:

What is homeopathy?

I take my children to the homeopath and i find in my personal experience is that homeopathic remedies do indeed work. However, to say that they work for everyone would be a fallacy, as it is evident that all humans are different and can not or should not be all treated by the same methods.
As far as the placebo effect, I can not deny that it does take place in some cases, however i have to question the validity of the statement that all successful homeopathic treatments were down purely to the placebo effect, example being that i have given homeopathic remedy to my grandma who is very critical about any alternative medicine (she would not allow me to give her a healing), she took the remedy and her breathing got better literally in few days, which she was forced to admit herself. Now as far as I am aware, for a placebo effect to take place, one has to believe that the remedy is going to work in the first place.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200910/cmselect/cmsctech/45/45.pdf

I hope that this link works, but here is a nice and detailed report on homeopathy that you might find interesting at least, otherwise look up

the House of Lords’ Select Committee on Science & Technology citing homeopathy

Thank you.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I have noticed a very interesting trend of questioning that you seem to have, you ask a lot of questions and then criticize the answers, whilst not really providing any better answers yourself. How much exactly you personally know about homeopathy and what personal experience makes you come to the conclusion that it does not work? Come on, make some effort, prove everyone who believes in it to be wrong :)
When proving someone's assertions to be wrong one does not have to offer a correct solution.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
Now you are laughing at people who were suffering in a mental/drug recovery hospital.

Is that what you have to do to increase your prowess. Show no compassion.

I will not EVER as long as i live believe that energy healer could have harmed anyone, to a point that yes, i found that statement of yours overwhelmingly hilarious, as a statement of someone who has no idea what they are talking about, very child like. Sorry, no offense...