• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homophobia

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
  • it's forbidden by God
You mean forbidden by ancient primitives who presumed to speak on god's behalf? Who cares?
  • It's unnatural
Nope. Other species engage in it as well.

• Sodomy is unhealthy
Only if incorrectly practiced.

• It doesn't produce children
That's actually a plus. You know what else doesn't produce children? Jumping jacks.
  • It doesn't give children their rights
WTF does this even mean?

• Open homosexuals are oc not following the religion and are therefore not morally upright
"The" religion? They're are many religions, and morality is more than just blindly following random nonsense.
  • It leads into the degradation of morals in society in general
How? It's actually religious fundamentalism that degrades morality, as it attempts to replace reason and compassion with irrational and arbitrary edicts.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
For a user with a name similar to a kids cartoon you kinda being hateful with some the stuff you saying @Pawpatrol
1725454716706.png

Does Ryder and Chase, Marshall, Rocky, Skye, Rubble, and Zuma support this rhetoric you spewing?

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Children have a right to a mother and a father.
A "right?" And how do you guarantee that "right?" If a child loses a father to a work accident, who comes along and says, "if you can't find a father, one will be appointed for you?" When a mother dies of cancer, who appoints a new one for her kids? I spent my entire life without ever seeing my father's face, and nobody replaced him in my life. I last saw my mother when I was 7, and that was the end of that.

So, I leave it to you -- how is that "right" to be upheld?

Pawpatrol

A "right?" And how do you guarantee that "right?" If a child loses a father to a work accident, who comes along and says, "if you can't find a father, one will be appointed for you?" When a mother dies of cancer, who appoints a new one for her kids? I spent my entire life without ever seeing my father's face, and nobody replaced him in my life. I last saw my mother when I was 7, and that was the end of that.

So, I leave it to you -- how is that "right" to be upheld?
It is the responsibility of the parents. Not only should they get married but they should also choose for themselves a righteous spouse who will be a good parent to their children.

As for parents dying or the likes, that's just how life is, everyone's parents die eventually. But when we have children we must do our best that they have a good mother and a good father.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It is the responsibility of the parents. Not only should they get married but they should also choose for themselves a righteous spouse who will be a good parent to their children.

As for parents dying or the likes, that's just how life is, everyone's parents die eventually. But when we have children we must do our best that they have a good mother and a good father.
What nonsense. Nobody can prevent a mother dying in childbirth. Nobody can guarantee that parents won't come to detest each other so bitterly that divorce is the only reasonable solution.

As it happens, lots of families are just fine -- but you cannot make an "ought" out of an "is."

Pawpatrol

No, what's shameful is irrational, unsubstantiated, arbitrary, superstitious bigotry.
You tried your best to make the word bigotry stronger but the anti-religious attitudes on this forum are also the dictionary definition of bigotry, so it's +-0.

I am not offended. I am proud of my religion.
Nope. Other species engage in it as well.
Other species eat the corpses of their own — shall we?

"it's natural."
Only if incorrectly practiced.
No, it's always unhealthy. Not to mention disgusting.
After anal sex, certain conditions can cause pain, such as a swollen vein in the anal area (hemorrhoids), a tear in the lining of the anus (anal fissure), or a hole in the colon (colonic perforation).

Having anal sex might raise your chances of getting the human papillomavirus (HPV), which can lead to the development of anal cancer.

Does anal sex cause HIV?

The lining of the anus is thinner than the vagina, and it lacks natural lubrication.That makes it much more vulnerable to tearing. Tears can allow viruses and bacteria to enter the bloodstream. This can include sexually transmitted infections, such as HIV. Studies have suggested that receptive anal exposure to HIV poses a much higher risk for the receptive partner than vaginal exposure -- 17-18 times greater.

The anus was designed to hold in poop. A ring-like muscle called the anal sphincter surrounds the anus and tightens after we have a bowel movement. When the muscle is tight, anal penetration can be painful and difficult. Repetitive anal sex may weaken the anal sphincter, making it difficult to hold in poop until you can get to the toilet. Kegel exercises to strengthen the sphincter may help prevent or correct this problem.

The anus is full of bacteria. Bacteria normally in the anus can potentially infect the giving partner. Having vaginal sex after anal sex can also lead to vaginal and urinary tract infections.

attempts to replace reason and compassion
You're supporting the practice of sodomy and calling that reason? Just checking. Compassion is to tell a person who's sick that he's sick and to tell a person who does wrong that he does wrong.