• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexual Question

Do you think this toy chose to be this way:

fail-this-is-a-gundam-dumbass-fail-transformers-demotivational-poster-1256672762.jpg

This is one of the funniest things ive seen in ages.

i didn't say that homosexuality is worse than rape or equla to it. i said i don't know which one is worser than which. but both are considered bad in islam hence the punishment.

I have a problem with this statement. You say you don't know what's worse. Homosexuality or rape. That's one of the easiest calls ever. Without looking at a book, what do YOU genuinly consider to be worse?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Well sure you could force it to take off the sparkles and give the toy some new paint - but it'd still be the same toy underneath ... it'd still be the same toy it always was - nothing could change that.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Does not mean you have to agree on their decision... and wouldn´t that depend on the religion and their interpretation of it anyway?

It would depend on the religion. But considering that Christianity and Islam are the two biggest religions, chances are that instances of homosexuals who desire to be religiously devoted but are conflicted about their sexual are likely to be higher in those two religions.

Not really, there was a thread about this some time ago. They managed to change homosexuals to hetrosexuals, but the mental damage was so severe that they discarded it. No, we do not have to treat homosexuality, it does not cause any harm and there is no reason to consider it immoral, wrong, a sickness or a disorder. We have to treat homophobia, though, since it causes huge amounts of pain and suffering.

The fact that we haven't yet found an appropriate form of treatment doesn't mean that there isn't one. Imagine if doctors always thought "Oh well, this treatment didn't work, I guess we can't cure it."

We don't have to treat it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't treat it in people who want it treated.

What would you say to the many, many homosexual and bisexual people who all say it wasn't a choice?
I never said it was.

Kerr

The fact that we haven't yet found an appropriate form of treatment doesn't mean that there isn't one. Imagine if doctors always thought "Oh well, this treatment didn't work, I guess we can't cure it."

We don't have to treat it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't treat it in people who want it treated.
It is not something I consider worth looking into, it is just not something bad unless you make it bad in your own mind (and even then it is not bad itself). Anyway, if we look into it I think we should look for therapy to turn hetrosexuals to homosexuals. For the sake of fairness.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
It is not something I consider worth looking into, it is just not something bad unless you make it bad in your own mind (and even then it is not bad itself). Anyway, if we look into it I think we should look for therapy to turn hetrosexuals to homosexuals. For the sake of fairness.

We do lots of things not worth looking into. Why did people decide to figure out ways to manipulate how a person looks via plastic surgery?

Kerr

We do lots of things not worth looking into. Why did people decide to figure out ways to manipulate how a person looks via plastic surgery?
Actually that has some important usages, such as helping someone who has been in a terrible accident that has deformed their appearence. Normally, though, like when someone just thinks their nose is a bit to small, I happen to personally be against plastic surgery.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
What would you say to the many, many homosexual and bisexual people who all say it wasn't a choice?

they'd be right. there isn't a choice to become homosexual, it happens in the early childhood years. it isn't natural though. it is an impact on the child from the environment he grows up in. but he does have a choice to become heterosexual once he is grown up if he wanted to.

Also, when did you choose to be straight instead of gay?

everyone is born straight. have you heard of the arabic word Fitrah?

Was it a difficult choice? Did you weigh the pros and cons of each before making the decision?

didn't have a choice thats what the nature of humans are, to be attracted to the opposite sex. just like you don't get a choice to come to life or choose to be a male or female.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I have a problem with this statement. You say you don't know what's worse. Homosexuality or rape. That's one of the easiest calls ever. Without looking at a book, what do YOU genuinly consider to be worse?

i'd personaly go for rape as the worst.

dragynfly0515

Satan Worshipper
i can't imagine worshiping a god other than him, i love him more than anything.
what does your religion/god say about rape?

Satanism promotes individuality, autonomy and freedom of thought. Obviously rape would violate someone's autonomy. Why do you ask? Do you see a connection between homosexuality and rape?

:candle:
Crys

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Eselam, do you think homosexuals who will not change or "control" their behaviour deserve to die? Do you personally think they should be killed?

what ever Allah and his laws say is what i say. i have submited my self to this religion and it's teachings and laws.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Satanism promotes individuality, autonomy and freedom of thought. Obviously rape would violate someone's autonomy. Why do you ask? Do you see a connection between homosexuality and rape?

:candle:
Crys

and whats the punishment for a rapist?

i don't see a connection between homosexuality and rape, no.

Kerr

what ever Allah and his laws say is what i say. i have submited my self to this religion and it's teachings and laws.
I take that as a yes. So how do you think that is fair in any way? Do there exist any justification except for one that comes from blind faith in that what stands in your book is right?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I take that as a yes. So how do you think that is fair in any way? Do there exist any justification except for one that comes from blind faith in that what stands in your book is right?

well as you know adultery is punishable with death, so a marriage between 2 men is not allowed in islam. and if 2 men have sex that means they have commited adultery. so there goes the punishment.

i am sure there are many more reasons also, but thats just the obvious one. surely now you agree that the ruling on homosexuality is not due to some blind belief. just like every nation islam has it's own laws.

Kerr

well as you know adultery is punishable with death, so a marriage between 2 men is not allowed in islam. and if 2 men have sex that means they have commited adultery. so there goes the punishment.

i am sure there are many more reasons also, but thats just the obvious one. surely now you agree that the ruling on homosexuality is not due to some blind belief. just like every nation islam has it's own laws.
When laws are unjust, baised, irrational and undermine basic human rights the only moral thing to do is to change it. If the law or laws in question won´t change, there is nothing wrong with breaking them. To be honest, though, I am not talking about laws here, I am asking for your personal opinion on the subject.