• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Same here. Ive learned a lot of new things about other faiths and where I stand with the Christian faith to healthly say what I dont believe. I feel people should have a critical look at what they believe. I feel it would help talking to others with mutual understanding and less feeling of belittlement when the other disagrees. (I agree)

Thanks Carlita but what I have found of late is that many of these so called Christians, and it's not all by any means as I have been having a nice reparte' with 1Robin of late, these others, when questioned about their beliefs, based on Biblical tenets, tend to run and hide when pressed. When someone presses me about my beliefs and presents me with a cogent counter argument, I like it because I'm forced to examine those beliefs for this other argument and defend myself. It's rather refreshing IMO.

JoStories

Same here. Ive learned a lot of new things about other faiths and where I stand with the Christian faith to healthly say what I dont believe. I feel people should have a critical look at what they believe. I feel it would help talking to others with mutual understanding and less feeling of belittlement when the other disagrees. (I agree)
Amen to that but I don;t see a lot of that lately. Just more of the same ranting, by some mind you. It gets old and I find it immature at best. And now we are under a tornado watch so I better go. Can you imagine a tornado watch in Maine??? Its not something we normally get up here.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Amen to that but I don;t see a lot of that lately. Just more of the same ranting, by some mind you. It gets old and I find it immature at best. And now we are under a tornado watch so I better go. Can you imagine a tornado watch in Maine??? Its not something we normally get up here.
Aah. We just got the tornado yesterday, VA. Be safe

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
No, God does not hate those who enjoy eating shellfish.That has been done away with already.Just like physical circumcision is no longer required.When Jesus arrived, all was fulfilled.He established the new covenant.It is written that those who serve God are no longer literal Jews but spiritual Jews.Those with circumcision of the heart.Jesus teachings say that all that God makes is good and all are to pray for their food,and this is sanctified by God.All can be eaten now,with the exception of blood of course.

Here Paul explains this.

1 Timothy 4:3-5.
3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods,which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Romans 2:28,29.…28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

https:
R

Many people who are not familiar with the holy scriptures will jump to the same conclusion you have.They will say God hates people who eat shellfish right? It's a common misconception due to a lack of thorough study.No offense,I am just pointing this out.So we can see that Christians can eat anything they please as along as it is prayed for.Of course Jews still practice circumcision, and still practice Kosher laws, because they do not accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah.But that is another story.
11666181_10155759494730634_6186660234063319779_n.jpg