• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I'm glad you got to experience it too. I just don't think that that many really do. I do wish to say that not all relationships are about love every single day. There are days that are difficult but if one truly loves the other partner, one finds a way to get past those harder times. That, IMO, is what true love is all about.

It most certainly is

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No.You are actually lying to yourself if you deny that God truly says he finds it detestable.He says that in the holy scriptures.He says it is an abomination.

Abomination:a thing that causes disgust or hatred:
(dictionary)

Leviticus 18:22 'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Other versions use the word detestable.

Detestable:deserving intense dislike
(dictionary)

So according to God's word,He really does not like this homosexuality.He hates it!

Ps.If you read the comment I was responding to,the person said that God hates no one.I showed them that passage to correct this.God actually does hate people.Verse 19 in Proverbs 6 says it all.Your assumptions are incorrect.
So God hates people who enjoy eating shellfish? Granted I'm not one for seafood either, but that seems a tad harsh.
Of course there is the argument that the word abomination used to mean something that was dirty and the meaning intensified over time into the much stronger word it is today.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So God hates people who enjoy eating shellfish? Granted I'm not one for seafood either, but that seems a tad harsh.
Of course there is the argument that the word abomination used to mean something that was dirty and the meaning intensified over time into the much stronger word it is today.
God must really hate me then, 'cause I looove me some seafood! Seafood alone is reason enough for me to never be a vegetarian.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
God must really hate me then, 'cause I looove me some seafood! Seafood alone is reason enough for me to never be a vegetarian.

Well being an Aussie I have held many a lizard and even got to pat a snake at the zoo a couple of times. Both are classed as abominations in the eyes of the Lord, as far as Leviticus is concerned, so count me among God's hated.

No, God does not hate those who enjoy eating shellfish.That has been done away with already.Just like physical circumcision is no longer required.When Jesus arrived, all was fulfilled.He established the new covenant.It is written that those who serve God are no longer literal Jews but spiritual Jews.Those with circumcision of the heart.Jesus teachings say that all that God makes is good and all are to pray for their food,and this is sanctified by God.All can be eaten now,with the exception of blood of course.

Here Paul explains this.

1 Timothy 4:3-5.
3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods,which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Romans 2:28,29.…28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

https:
R

Many people who are not familiar with the holy scriptures will jump to the same conclusion you have.They will say God hates people who eat shellfish right? It's a common misconception due to a lack of thorough study.No offense,I am just pointing this out.So we can see that Christians can eat anything they please as along as it is prayed for.Of course Jews still practice circumcision, and still practice Kosher laws, because they do not accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah.But that is another story.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well being an Aussie I have held many a lizard and even got to pat a snake at the zoo a couple of times. Both are classed as abominations in the eyes of the Lord, as far as Leviticus is concerned, so count me among God's hated.
We have garter snakes around here. I've gotten to hold many wild ones over the years. They are pretty small, are though they may bite they are harmless.
I don't think we have any wild lizards though.

No, God does not hate those who enjoy eating shellfish.That has been done away with already.Just like physical circumcision is no longer required.When Jesus arrived, all was fulfilled.He established the new covenant.It is written that those who serve God are no longer literal Jews but spiritual Jews.Those with circumcision of the heart.Jesus teachings say that all that God makes is good and all are to pray for their food,and this is sanctified by God.All can be eaten now,with the exception of blood of course.

Here Paul explains this.

1 Timothy 4:3-5. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods,which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Romans 2:28,29.…28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.
But Jesus stated he did not come to do away with the law. To fulfill, not to destroy.

We have garter snakes around here. I've gotten to hold many wild ones over the years. They are pretty small, are though they may bite they are harmless.
I don't think we have any wild lizards though.

But Jesus stated he did not come to do away with the law. To fulfill, not to destroy.
Exactly.Jesus fulfilled the law.When Jesus came he did away with Mosaic law and installed the new arrangement.The Messianic law.He did not destroy it.The Mosaic law was a temporary arrangement.

• Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.

Galatians 3:24 So the Law became our guardian leading to Christ,so that we might be declared righteous through faith.

So Jesus did not destroy the law,he fulfilled it.The Messianic law is similar to the Mosaic law.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

Here Paul explains this.

1 Timothy 4:3-5.
3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods,which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

https:
R

Many people who are not familiar with the holy scriptures will jump to the same conclusion you have.They will say God hates people who eat shellfish right? It's a common misconception due to a lack of thorough study.No offense,I am just pointing this out.So we can see that Christians can eat anything they please as along as it is prayed for.Of course Jews still practice circumcision, and still practice Kosher laws, because they do not accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah.But that is another story.

No offence but that's such a damned cop out. Jesus never changed the law, Jesus never once said he did away with the old laws, he never once said they no longer apply. Your "loophole" came about through Paul doing some cleansing rituals, years after Jesus went back to heaven, is that correct? What does Paul outrank Jesus now? Can he surpass Jesus' words?

If this "new covenant" means OT doesn't apply to you then fine. Stop quoting Leviticus to justify God's hatred of gay people. Use NT instead otherwise you just look like a hypocrite.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
No offence but that's such a damned cop out. Jesus never changed the law, your "loophole" came about through Paul doing some cleansing rituals, is that correct? What does Paul outrank Jesus now? Can he surpass Jesus' words?

If this "new covenant" means OT doesn't apply to you then fine. Stop quoting Leviticus to justify God's hatred of gay people. Use NT instead otherwise you just look like a hypocrite.
Wow ... great point. Very true.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
No offence but that's such a damned cop out. Jesus never changed the law, Jesus never once said he did away with the old laws, he never once said they no longer apply. Your "loophole" came about through Paul doing some cleansing rituals, years after Jesus went back to heaven, is that correct? What does Paul outrank Jesus now? Can he surpass Jesus' words?

and guess who talked about homosexuals in the New Testament. Paul again.

Oh,ok.

JoStories

Bible student said: No, God does not hate those who enjoy eating shellfish.That has been done away with already.Just like physical circumcision is no longer required.When Jesus arrived, all was fulfilled.He established the new covenant.It is written that those who serve God are no longer literal Jews but spiritual Jews.Those with circumcision of the heart.Jesus teachings say that all that God makes is good and all are to pray for their food,and this is sanctified by God.All can be eaten now,with the exception of blood of course.

If, as you say here, that " all was fulfilled when Jesus arrived" then how can you pick the one verse in Leviticus and state that that still pertains but the rest have been "done away with"? I realize that Paul spoke in a round about way about the issue, but Christ never did. Only Paul did. Doesn't this negate your argument that homosexuality is 'an abomination' before the eyes of God? How can you uphold the one and reject the rest? If one only uses the letters from Paul, that, IMO, would make that one a Paulian and not a Christian as it is not following the teachings of Christ but rather Paul.

JoStories

No,it's just they had me at "cop out.":thumbsdown:

Thanks.
No offense, but isn't that a tad immature? Same Random asked you a very good question, albeit couched in terms I might not have used. Are you unable to see beyond the terms to the actual argument he presented, which I, too, asked before I saw his post. If you don't have a cogent counter argument, why not say that, or simply say its your belief. No one here can effect your beliefs, unless you let them.