• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hell is separation from God (in the Western view. In the Eastern view, it's experiencing the love of God as inverted because you reject it). It's something that happens as a result of rejecting God. It's not so much something God does to you, but something you do to yourself and He allows it because of free will. God doesn't torture anyone.

Cool. Thanks.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'm not going to waste my time nit-picking with you (once again). It's like nit-picking over a book of poetry.
No need to make up excuses. We all know what just happened here.
c05100.gif

OneThatGotAway

Servant of Yahweh God Almighty
OneThatGotAway said: The God of the Holy Bible definitely hates homosexuals because homosexuality is a sin per the following Holy Scriptures:

But I thought God loved all of his children? Or did he not really send the Son to die for everyone's sins? I wasn't aware it read "for God so loved the world, except for homosexuals, that he sent his only begotten son."

I believe the entire verse is quoted as
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." --- John 3:16
You quoted part of the verse; however you left out the conditional part that said " whosoever believeth in him".
And many people have a hard time with that simple conditional clause.
Plus the contract includes more than this simple verse; that is why Christians include the entire Holy Bible as God's Word to put everything in context and order.

And many Christians and Jews do not understand how you can be so opposed to it.

What Christians are oppose to these verses, which is the Word of God?:

Leviticus 18:22
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (NLT)

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)

Jesus Christ was not oppose to them.
Moses wasn't oppose to them.
Abraham and Lute was not oppose to them after the destruction of Sodom and Omarah.
And the majority of Christians are not oppose to them.
And I am certainly not opposed to Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13.

Last edited:

OneThatGotAway

OneThatGotAway said:
The God of the Holy Bible definitely hates homosexuals because homosexuality is a sin per the following Holy Scriptures:

"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (NLT)

"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)

Er, God doesn't hate anyone. He may not like the things we do, but He loves us just the same. He even loves Satan and all the other demons.

He "love" them enough to be put to death as a capital offense?

"Then YAHWEH rained upon Sodom and upon Omorrah brimstone and fire from YAHWEH out of heaven;" -- Genesis 19:24

He "loved" the men of Sodom and Omarah so much that he tortured them mercilessly to a burnt crisp?
There was more evidence at Ground Zero of September 11, 2001 than at Ground Zero of Sodom and Omarah.

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I YAHWEH thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;" ---- Exodus 20:5

If God loves everyone, then why is he "visiting the iniquity of the fathers" upon their sons?

"The Lord YAHWEH hath sworn by himself, saith YAHWEH the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Yaoqob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.
And it shall come to pass, if there remain ten men in one house, that they shall die." ---- Amos 6:8-9

If God loves everyone, then why did he abhor Yaoqob (Jacob) and hated his palaces to the extent of killing at least ten men in every house of that city?

"Give them, YAHWEH: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
All their wickedness [is] in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes [are] revolters." ---- Hosea 9:14-15

Did Yahweh "loved" the women enough to give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts?
God hated them enough to drive them out of his holy temple; and he to their princes he said that he will "love them no more"

"I have loved you, saith YAHWEH. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? [Was] not Esau Jacob's brother? saith YAHWEH: yet I loved Jacob,
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness." ---- Malachi 1:2-3
"As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." -- Romans 9:13

So from these twins Yahweh loves one and hated the other. And he hated Esau so much that he even "laid his mountains and his heritage" as a dump for wildlife (i.e. not worth inhabitable by mankind).

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." ---- Revelations 20:10, 21:8

So if God "loved" Satan and his demons so much, then why did he cast him into a Lake of Fire and Brimstone; the same stuff used to "loved" Sodom and Omarah to death.
And he "loved" mankind so much that he has made reservations for the abominable, murderers, whoremongers, socerers, idolaters, and all liars in that same Lake of Fire.

With so-called "love" like that who needs hate?

Shabbath Shaluum

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I believe the entire verse is quoted as
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." --- John 3:16
You quoted part of the verse; however you left out the conditional part that said " whosoever believeth in him". And many people have a hard time with that simple conditional clause. Plus the contract includes more than this simple verse; that is why Christians include the entire Holy Bible as God's Word.
My point was, and still stands, the verse does not give any conditions as to whom God loves. He loves the world. It does not exclude homosexuals.
What Christians are oppose to these verses, which is the Word of God?:
I am not them. But many are not opposed. There is even an Episcopalian priest here who made his church LBGT-friendly.

OneThatGotAway

My point was, and still stands, the verse does not give any conditions as to whom God loves. He loves the world. It does not exclude homosexuals.

I am not them. But many are not opposed. There is even an Episcopalian priest here who made his church LBGT-friendly.

If God did not exclude homosexuals, then he would not have told Moses to order the Sons of Yishrael to obey and execute the following commandments.

And any Christian, whether he is a rabbi, priest, or pastor have to explain to God why they are "playing god", when they teach others to ignore and break his commandments.
These so-called Christians falls under Christ's warning that is written:
" Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of [YAHWEH]:
but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." ---- Matthew 5:19 (KJV)

Er, God doesn't hate anyone. He may not like the things we do, but He loves us just the same. He even loves Satan and all the other demons.

Hi.Long time no hear.I wanted to share this passage with you.

Proverbs 6:16-19.

16 There are six things that Jehovah hates;

Yes, seven things that he detests:

17 Haughty eyes,a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 A heart plotting wicked schemes, and feet that run quickly to evil,

19 A false witness who lies with every breath,

And anyone sowing contentions among brothers.

Verse 19 describes people.

Kirran

Premium Member
The Catholic church just down the road from me does an LGBT Communion once a month. The Anglican priest who heads the chaplaincy at my university would be happy to perform gay marriages. Quite a few major Christian denominations have come out in favour of gay marriage now, or at the least in favour of same-sex unions of some sort. So one can try and speak for an entire religion of over 2 billion people all you like.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

Oh, man. You, too? What a shame.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
OneThatGotAway said:
The God of the Holy Bible definitely hates homosexuals because homosexuality is a sin per the following Holy Scriptures:

He "love" them enough to be put to death as a capital offense?

"Then YAHWEH rained upon Sodom and upon Omorrah brimstone and fire from YAHWEH out of heaven;" -- Genesis 19:24

He "loved" the men of Sodom and Omarah so much that he tortured them mercilessly to a burnt crisp?
There was more evidence at Ground Zero of September 11, 2001 than at Ground Zero of Sodom and Omarah.

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I YAHWEH thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;" ---- Exodus 20:5

If God loves everyone, then why is he "visiting the iniquity of the fathers" upon their sons?

"The Lord YAHWEH hath sworn by himself, saith YAHWEH the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Yaoqob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.
And it shall come to pass, if there remain ten men in one house, that they shall die." ---- Amos 6:8-9

If God loves everyone, then why did he abhor Yaoqob (Jacob) and hated his palaces to the extent of killing at least ten men in every house of that city?

"Give them, YAHWEH: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
All their wickedness [is] in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes [are] revolters." ---- Hosea 9:14-15

Did Yahweh "loved" the women enough to give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts?
God hated them enough to drive them out of his holy temple; and he to their princes he said that he will "love them no more"

"I have loved you, saith YAHWEH. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? [Was] not Esau Jacob's brother? saith YAHWEH: yet I loved Jacob,
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness." ---- Malachi 1:2-3
"As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." -- Romans 9:13

So from these twins Yahweh loves one and hated the other. And he hated Esau so much that he even "laid his mountains and his heritage" as a dump for wildlife (i.e. not worth inhabitable by mankind).

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." ---- Revelations 20:10, 21:8

So if God "loved" Satan and his demons so much, then why did he cast him into a Lake of Fire and Brimstone; the same stuff used to "loved" Sodom and Omarah to death.
And he "loved" mankind so much that he has made reservations for the abominable, murderers, whoremongers, socerers, idolaters, and all liars in that same Lake of Fire.

With so-called "love" like that who needs hate?

Shabbath Shaluum
Well, I'm not a fundamentalist like you apparently are. You see, Catholicism has a very well-developed theology and we believe in a God of mercy and forgiveness. Yes, there's stories about God punishing people in the Bible, but I don't take them literally (also we don't believe in Sola Scriptura so we have Sacred Tradition to further inform our view of God). They're basically morality tales, like Job (Job was not a real person).

Shadow Wolf

And any Christian, whether he is a rabbi,
Rabbis are not Christian.
These so-called Christians falls under Christ's warning that is written:
" Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of [YAHWEH]:
but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." ---- Matthew 5:19 (KJV)
So, because they aren't judging people, as Christ commanded his followers to do, and because they are welcoming all within their flocks, as Christ did, and because they aren't turning people away--something Christ did not do--god is going to punish them?

OneThatGotAway

OneThatGotAway said: " And any Christian, whether he is a rabbi,..."

The ones in Messianic Judaism are most certainly rabbis.
Some of them are Jewish born.

So, because they aren't judging people, as Christ commanded his followers to do, and because they are welcoming all within their flocks, as Christ did, and because they aren't turning people away--something Christ did not do--god is going to punish them?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." ---- Matthew 7:1-2 (KJV)

Jesus Christ was referring to those who loves to judge but not be judged themselves.
They are known as hypocrites.
On the other hand, righteous people judge others because they know that they shall be judged by the same law in which they teach others to follow.
The Apostles Paul and John knew this and they are one with Christ in purpose when it comes to judging others in the Laws of Yahweh, God Almighty.
That is why they said the following:

"For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, [concerning] him that hath so done this deed," ---- 1 Corinthians 5:3

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." ---- John 7:24

Last edited:

OneThatGotAway

Well, I'm not a fundamentalist like you apparently are. You see, Catholicism has a very well-developed theology and we believe in a God of mercy and forgiveness. Yes, there's stories about God punishing people in the Bible, but I don't take them literally (also we don't believe in Sola Scriptura so we have Sacred Tradition to further inform our view of God). They're basically morality tales, like Job (Job was not a real person).

I'm curious: Do Catholics teach anything about God's wrath and/or judgement?
If you believe that those Holy Scriptures, which are referring to God's wrath, are not to be taken literally; then how do you know if God's love and forgiveness should be taken literally as well?
And the same question goes for Jesus Christ: Because he (as well as the other prophets) spoke too about a disturbing judgement in the end.
Do you believe that there will be a final Judgement?
And if so, will it be as disturbing as Christ mentioned in the Gospels and Revelation (Apocrypha)?
And I believe that Job as a real person; because his story is written for our encouragement in that we can know for sure that at least one real man became a role model to able to endure such atrocities from Satan and still not curse God and die.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I'm curious: Do Catholics teach anything about God's wrath and/or judgement?
If you believe that those Holy Scriptures, which are referring to God's wrath, are not to be taken literally; then how do you know if God's love and forgiveness should be taken literally as well?
And the same question goes for Jesus Christ: Because he (as well as the other prophets) spoke too about a disturbing judgement in the end.
Do you believe that there will be a final Judgement?
And if so, will it be as disturbing as Christ mentioned in the Gospels and Revelation (Apocrypha)?
And I believe that Job as a real person; because his story is written for our encouragement in that we can know for sure that at least one real man became a role model to able to endure such atrocities from Satan and still not curse God and die.
Yes, God has a wrathful side and does pass judgment. But you must put things in context. The Old Testament contains not only tribal history, but also morality tales, poetry, folklore and earlier redacted Semitic myths that were popular in the area (the Flood story, for example, is a recurring story going back to the Sumerians and the Greeks even had their own version of it). For example, there's the story of Onan. He's supposedly killed by God for failing to impregnate his dead brother's life and continue the lineage. This is obviously a morality tale meant to press the importance of carrying out tribal duties. Do I really think that the Creator of the universe is as petty as that? No. But I understand how the story had meaning in the time it was written. Even the understanding of God evolves throughout the Bible, representing humanity's growing knowledge of Him until the fullness of God is revealed in the Person of Jesus Christ, God Incarnate. An example of our understanding of God changing in the Bible is God saying in one place that He savors the aroma of the burning sacrifices (Genesis 8:21) and then, later on, He declares that He desires mercy and not sacrifice and acknowledgment and not burnt offerings (Hosea 6:6).

As for Job, that book is a form of poetry and is apparently the oldest book in the Bible. It's similar to cultural "fairy tales", which are just morality tales meant to impart an important message to the audience. I mean, you wouldn't say that Little Red Riding Hood is a real person, but that doesn't mean the story is without meaning, either.

You see, I view the Bible not only as God's message to us but the epic of humanity attempting to understand and draw closer to God. Sometimes their concept of God was incomplete, but Christ makes it complete since He is the completion of all things.

Shadow Wolf

On the other hand, righteous people judge others because they know that they shall be judged by the same law in which they teach others to follow.
Have you ever considered that such an attitude is what turns many people away from Jesus? Jesus didn't judge. He welcomed all. He didn't turn people away for their sins (on the contrary, the "worse" the sinner the warmer he was towards them), and he didn't hate them for who they were (he seemed especially fond of the "lowliest" of people).
Don't forget, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. You are, indeed, not without sin.

JoStories

Not one of those verses says that God excludes homosexuals. Not one. If one wishes to take "wicked schemes" and interpret that to their own views, that is adding to the Bible and it is NOT what is written, or in other words; "a lying tongue".

JoStories

The ones in Messianic Judaism are most certaintly rabbis.

The Jewish community rejects them completely as not being Jewish. Perhaps your should check with a real rabbi. Particularly one the is Hassidic.

Shadow Wolf

The ones in Messianic Judaism are most certaintly rabbis.

The Jewish community rejects them completely as not being Jewish. Perhaps your should check with a real rabbi. Particularly one the is Hassidic.
There are indeed Messianic Jews that do accept Christ, and while I don't think there are many of them, I have not heard them refer to themselves as Christian.