• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexuality disproves evolution

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, here it is in plain english, in the scope of faith according to what is read to us, according to our belief as believers, according to us as men, as according to us as men of God, we do not do those things that are considered as filthy. We with a faith in God do not plant our seed in the excrement of another man.

I hope there is English enough for ya'll ??

Uh, what on earth does that have to do with this thread? Or with me as a woman? And don't you mean that you, singular, as a person with a particular faith in a particular God whom you believe prohibits particular things? Surely you don't think everyone in the entire world who believes in any God whatsoever doesn't practice anal sex?

dust1n

Zindīq
How can someone (or something, for that matter) be a perversion of the natural? Especially considering EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS EXISTS IN NATURE.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
is god that insecure that god would be so concerned about sexuality as you are?

Sadly, some people seem to think that God is that concerned about people's sexuality, or at least their conception of God. I've never got this though.

Especially now, when homosexuality has been observed in multiple species, how they can still hold the view that it's unnatural. Why do these people not go to great lengths to point out how Eve eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil somehow made penguins gay too?

My conception of "God" is not like that, and I wouldn't follow a conception of God that was, thankfully. Isn't it a coincidence that the people who hate homosexuality hate it because God does, and they seem to share similar likes and dislikes to one another? I wonder why that is! :foot: Could it be people project their own egos into a divine status? Hmm.. naah... :p

Ubjon

homosexuality is not natural it leads to exstinction becuase homo can not pro create they die out. natural selection does not support 'homosexuality' according to natural selection gays will die out. evolutionists have been stumped there is nothing natural about gays.

A few homosexuals in a species is not going to lead to extinction. Actually having non-competitive males around who can contribute to the survival of the group could be seen as beneficial. Within any populations its normal for only a proportion of them to reproduce anyway so again having a few non-breeding homosexuals isn't an issue. Of course this assumes that a homosexual person expresses their sexuality and doesn't just go along with social norms by having a family.

Of course the wonderful thing now is that through surrogate mothers for males and advancements in genetics for females they can have their own families.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, here it is in plain english, in the scope of faith according to what is read to us, according to our belief as believers, according to us as men, as according to us as men of God, we do not do those things that are considered as filthy. We with a faith in God do not plant our seed in the excrement of another man.

So you judge reality by what you find familiar or strange; proper or objectionable, according to the particular traditions you were raised with?
Emotions trump facts and faith, knowledge? The observed realities of Nature can be ignored if they seem to conflict with scripture?

DarkSun

:eltiT

If God really was against male homosexuality, then why did He put the prostate where it can be touched?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Let's see, the OP says homosexuality is unnatural because homos can't reproduce. Well bunny, sterile people cannot reproduce either, but I bet you wouldn't think them unnatural.

EPIC FAIL

Primordial Annihilator

homosexuality is not natural it leads to exstinction becuase homo can not pro create they die out. natural selection does not support 'homosexuality' according to natural selection gays will die out. evolutionists have been stumped there is nothing natural about gays.

I needed a laugh...thanks hellobunny.

I dont think any other reply is necessary, people like you hellobunny should just be laughed at and ignored.

Primordial Annihilator

Female homosexuality is beneficial to the individual homosexual and to the species. Would you like me to explain how?

Female homosexuality is beneficial as opposed to male homosexuality?

More prejudice Auto?

I know that you are prejudiced....but please explain your 'reasoning' anyway, I like a laugh.

Last edited:

Ubjon

To tempt us into sodomy, obviously. *eyeroll*

And this is a lesson to us all. If we truely hope to just and fair individuals we should strive to ensure that where possible we create something and then declare it an abomination so that other small minded folk who get their morals from archaic books can feel good about themselves while they bash the abominations head in with a rock.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Female homosexuality is beneficial as opposed to male homosexuality?
Not as opposed to, but I'm sure you agree that the difference between men and women is sex, and female homosexuality and male homosexuality are quite different in how they relate to reproduction. For that reason, there is no reason that the evolutionary explanation for them should be the same. Indeed, it would be surprising if they were.

So I'm not criticizing male homosexuality, my explanation simply does not cover it.*

More prejudice Auto?
More? Have you seen me exhibit prejudice?

I know that you are prejudiced....but please explain your 'reasoning' anyway, I like a laugh.
You do? How do you know that?

O.K. it's like this. In the ancestral environment (always bear in mind that the ancestral environment is hunter-gatherer) there are substantially fewer men than women. Since a single male can impregnate many females, and because of the way male sexuality works, it is relatively easy to find a male to have sex with. It is often quite difficult to find a male partner/husband to raise children with. So if a woman is pregnant or has a small child or children, and no husband, it would benefit her to have the capacity to form a pair-bond with another female. In particular, her offspring would be more likely to survive to adulthood and so carry on her genes. For this reason, the capacity to form a female/female pair-bond can be evolutionarily successful for women.

And we observe that many women discover this capacity in themselves at some point in their lives. What is rare is women who are exclusively lesbian, with no heterosexual capacity at all. I believe these women are a rare and extreme example of a capacity that is common in many women.

*We really don't know, but suspect that male homosexuality may be vestigial to female sexuality. I predict that any genetic component will be located on the X chromosome, which means that it will be expressed when there is no corresponding gene to pair it with.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Autodidact, is there any evidence for your claim?
Could you give me a link to it or something?

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Autodidact, is there any evidence for your claim?
Could you give me a link to it or something?

This is my own hypothesis. I thought it up myself. There is evidence out there for the pieces of it:

Women outnumber adult men.
Even more so in hunter-gatherer cultures.
Female sexuality tends to be more flexible, responsive and relationship-oriented than male sexuality.
Men are often willing to have sex with women without being willing or able to help raise the children they conceive.
Exclusive lesbians are rare: <1% of adult women.
Many women discover their capacity for lesbian relationships late in life.
Children with two parents survive and thrive better than children with one parent.
Etc.

Even today it is common to encounter lesbian couples raising the children that one of them bore in a heterosexual relationship.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Homosexuality can hardly be said to have an evolutionary effect or meaning, at least until it is established how it influences the odds of surviving and having offspring.

Personally, I think I good case can be made that homosexuality is in part a response to excessive social pressures, and therefore more of an evidence of evolution than against it.

But really, it is a stretch either way.

DarkSun

:eltiT
Homosexuality can hardly be said to have an evolutionary effect or meaning, at least until it is established how it influences the odds of surviving and having offspring.

Personally, I think I good case can be made that homosexuality is in part a response to excessive social pressures, and therefore more of an evidence of evolution than against it.

But really, it is a stretch either way.

Every phenotype is the result of both genetic and environmental factors...
And personally, I think the extent to which each are attributable to homosexuality varies between individuals... There is no one answer.