• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexuality disproves evolution

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
How does a genetic factor override conscious will power and freedom of choice? I mean, a person had to arrive at the fork in the road and be aware of it- to inturn choose it. They did not just unconsciously glide into the lifestyle without being aware and choosing it at the same time.
A person can choose not to act gay, in the same way I could choose not to act straight. I assume that would involve banging a guy. But...I really don't want to bang a guy (not that I haven't had offers), and I'd wager most gay dudes really don't want to bang a chick.
Upon that, evolution would be a genetic mutation to benefit and progress the gene line, not to end it. Unless I'm mistaken. Am I wrong? So, that don't compute either. Another one.. How can a scientist even identify a so called, gay gene? Does the gene look at him and say "Hi, I'm the gay gene. Don't you see the big G and gay lifestyle intructions imprinted on me? That gene could be for anything, but just so happens to be found more often amongst homosexuals -if it even exists.
If there's a gene that appears in most homosexuals but few heterosexuals you can conclude that it is the "gay" gene. I mean, really, what are the odds that'd be a coincidence?
I would have to see this so called gene with my own 2 eyes to believe it in any degree. And, I don't see how a gender behaving as the opposite of their own gender/sex could be considered natural in anyway (i.e. physically, emotionally, socially, genderly, etc). I myself just subscribe it to someone's own choices, experiences and envirement more than any "genetic role." Because I am not waiting for the bi-sexual gene to be discovered either, lol..IMO.
In some other cultures man-love is completely normal. They'd be behaving opposite their own gender by not drilling other dudes from time to time.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
homosexuality is not natural it leads to exstinction becuase homo can not pro create they die out. natural selection does not support 'homosexuality' according to natural selection gays will die out. evolutionists have been stumped there is nothing natural about gays.

Alright, I'll accept this challenge: This planet is swiftly becoming over-populated. Nature has it's own population-control mechanism. Homosexuality is a very humane type of population control. way more humane than something like, say, euthenasia! Animals engage in homosexual activity as anyone who has llived near animals and observed them for any length of time can attest. Therefore it is most definitely natural, and necessary!
I think all this knee-jerk rejection of homosexuals is caused by two things: 1)religious indoctrination, and 2)fear (usually due to a worry that one may become what one fears)!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
How does a genetic factor override conscious will power and freedom of choice? I mean, a person had to arrive at the fork in the road and be aware of it- to inturn choose it. They did not just unconsciously glide into the lifestyle without being aware and choosing it at the same time.

Upon that, evolution would be a genetic mutation to benefit and progress the gene line, not to end it. Unless I'm mistaken. Am I wrong? So, that don't compute either. Another one.. How can a scientist even identify a so called, gay gene? Does the gene look at him and say "Hi, I'm the gay gene. Don't you see the big G and gay lifestyle intructions imprinted on me? That gene could be for anything, but just so happens to be found more often amongst homosexuals -if it even exists.

I would have to see this so called gene with my own 2 eyes to believe it in any degree. And, I don't see how a gender behaving as the opposite of their own gender/sex could be considered natural in anyway (i.e. physically, emotionally, socially, genderly, etc). I myself just subscribe it to someone's own choices, experiences and envirement more than any "genetic role." Because I am not waiting for the bi-sexual gene to be discovered either, lol..IMO.

You don't have a clue what homosexuality or evolution are about, do you?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Judging (perhaps incorrectly) from your posts on the subject of homosexuality.
Like your repeated mention of the absence of lesbianism in the Bible for example.
You seem to think female homosexuality is more 'natural' and perhaps in generalistic terms more acceptable to human society at large...perhaps for the reasons you have given.
Nah, what's really going on is that the Tanakh is a product of a patriarchal culture in which nothing women do is important, and something that involves only women is simply invisible. But of course, the people who defend can't admit that. In fact, they themselves are rarely remembering that lesbians exist when they're demonizing gay people, and I like to draw that fact to their attention.
A belief that I feel could lead to the further isolation/demonisation of male homosexuals in society...if not female ones.
I don't think we're ever going to see a world in which lesbians are accepted, and gay men rejected.

In HG egalitarian socieites this may well be the case...good theory.

Perhaps...

Interesting.
My genetic makeup is XXY, well I am mosaic so some of my chromosomes in some cells are XY...yet I am bisexual..effectively/technically...I wonder... :rolleyes:

Sorry if I seemed antagonistic Auto..its just my method...I personally like what you say quite a lot...I just have this impulse to test anyone I have a good feeling about :D[/quote]

That's interesting, thanks for sharing this personal information. To the degree you're comfortable, I'd be interested in learning more about that.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Alright, I'll accept this challenge: This planet is swiftly becoming over-populated. Nature has it's own population-control mechanism. Homosexuality is a very humane type of population control. way more humane than something like, say, euthenasia! Animals engage in homosexual activity as anyone who has llived near animals and observed them for any length of time can attest. Therefore it is most definitely natural, and necessary!
I think all this knee-jerk rejection of homosexuals is caused by two things: 1)religious indoctrination, and 2)fear (usually due to a worry that one may become what one fears)!

It is certainly natural, but bear in mind that evolution is not about population control. That's just not how it works. It's about individuals surviving and reproducing.

I am a lesbian and proponent of evolution, so I'm not saying either that homosexuality is bad or that evolution doesn't happen. But it is an interesting question within evolutionary theory as to how homosexuality could possibly be genetic.

btw, and again especially for male homosexuality, it may be inborn without being genetic. For example, sons born after sons are more likely to be homosexual, for some reason. So one possibility is something that happens in utero, rather than (or in addition to) something genetic.

The Wizard

If there's a gene that appears in most homosexuals but few heterosexuals you can conclude that it is the "gay" gene. I mean, really, what are the odds that'd be a coincidence?

No, no... What I want to know is how do they conclude that that particular gene or genetic attribute is soley for the purpose of homosexuality? How does the gene tell them that? Does it have a big letter G on it or something? I have always wondered that. Couldn't it be for a mirad of anything about the person?

Respectively speaking, I still attribute the lifestyle to someone's choice, childhood and other experiences, influence and the envirement. It seems that the more homosexuality is visible and accepted in society more homosexuals spring up, which has nothing to do with genes, unless I'm mistaken.... IMO.

The Wizard

You don't have a clue what homosexuality or evolution are about, do you?

You mean I get to finally claim to be the ignorant stinky poo on a subject? Are you going to answer my questions or 1-up yourself? Why does homosexuality (i.e. like in the U.S.)spread when it is more visible and accepted as an alternative lifestyle choice to youth? Genes certainly wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Is there also a bi-sexual gene? :areyoucra

The Wizard

If what you're saying is correct then we would see mass homosexual lifestyles (i.e. not random activity) with our farm animals and other overpopulated areas would we not? So, you're saying that I have to compare homosexuality to a mindless animal that is going in the wrong direction to understand how it would be a "natural thing."

That does not even involve the human element, which is the power of choice and being aware of one's self. That sounds like a contradiction in and of itself. :areyoucra

The following is taken from a googling (i.e. key word- homosexual gene debunked) of about 50 or more newer articles. Are all these people wrong?
If so then how? This is just a question I'm asking for the intention of learning something that I may have missed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In this age, one of the most difficult issues facing our nation today is the issue of homosexuality. For the most part, homosexuals become extremely offended if one even suggests that their sexual orientation was a choice.

Perhaps the greatest defense for the acceptance of homosexuality is the so-called "gay" gene. While it may not be easy to "come out" of homosexuality, there is credible and substantial evidence disproving the "gay"-gene theory. The first question is, does the issue of whether homosexuality is a choice, or not, really matter? The Human Rights Campaign, a homosexual-activist group, doesn't think so. "The vast majority of gay people will tell you that same-sex orientation is an innate part of who you are and is not changeable," a spokesman said. "But in the final analysis, it really shouldn't matter."

Whether the sincerity of that statement is valid or not, the simple fact is that whether homosexuality is a genetic trait or not does matter. If homosexuality is genetic and not a choice, then the lifestyle and act must be accepted by everyone, because it cannot be prevented. However, if it is a choice, then anyone has the right to label homosexuality unacceptable and immoral. The scientific basis the homosexual community uses to prove the "gay"-gene theory are two different studies conducted in 1993 and 1995. The studies found a specific marker in the X chromosome that links to homosexuality in men.

In 1993, biologist Dean Hamer of the National Cancer Institute found that in 40 pairs of homosexual brothers, 33 of them had the same set of DNA sequences in a part of the chromosome called, "Xq28." This has caused many homosexual leaders to proclaim this "evidence" and demand respect and acceptance of homosexuality because of this apparent genetic trait. However, in late June of 1995, reports were confirmed that Dean Hamer was being investigated by the Office of Research Integrity at the Department of Health and Human Services. Reports found that Hamer may have selectively reported his research and data – which has led many to question the credibility of his research.

Furthermore, in the late '90s, a team of researchers at the University of Western Ontario in Canada found no trace or evidence of the "gay" gene in homosexual men. The study found that the region of the X chromosome known as "Xq28" has nothing to do with the sexual "orientation" of a person.
Neurologist George Rice studied the DNA of 52 pairs of homosexual brothers and found that their Xq28 sequences were no more similar than what might happen from sheer chance. Despite the debunking of evidence to back the "gay"-gene theory, homosexual advocates continue to use the out-dated evidence to promote the existence of a homosexual genetic trait.

Much more evidence can be provided. Identical twins, for instance, share the same set of chromosomal patterns. Therefore, if one twin's DNA has a homosexual genetic trait, then it is inevitable that both twins will be homosexuals. However, that is not the case with all twins. When one twin is homosexual, the probability of the other identical twin being homosexual is 50 percent. Thus, the "gay"-gene theory is, once again, debunked by using logical, scientific research.

Still, there is even more evidence against homosexual genes. If homosexuality is, indeed – despite other evidence – a genetic trait, that gene would eventually be ousted from the gene pool because homosexuals tend not to reproduce. Instead, homosexuality has appeared in civilizations across time. In some parts of the world, homosexuality flourishes, but in other parts of the world, homosexuality is not present. Additionally, if "gay"-gene theory were true, it would be next to impossible to change the lifestyle to heterosexuality. However, it is not impossible to change sexual orientations – Stephen Bennett is a great example, and so are the thousands of others who have come out of homosexuality.

With this incredible load of evidence mounting up against the "gay"-gene theory, it would be safe to say that homosexuality is actually not something one is born with, but a choice. Instead of using hard evidence and facts, the homosexual community has stooped so low as to use media to force feed this unproven theory as fact in order to advance their agenda.

Read more: 'Gay' gene: Fact or fantasy? http://www.wnd.com/index.php/index.php?pageId=14781#ixzz1E4uz63Lb

Last edited:

Jacksnyte

Reverend
You mean I get to finally claim to be the ignorant stinky poo on a subject? Are you going to answer my questions or 1-up yourself? Why does homosexuality (i.e. like in the U.S.)spread when it is more visible and accepted as an alternative lifestyle choice to youth? Genes certainly wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Homosexuality has been in every culture that has existed, it just happens to be visible in ours because we have laws that keep the more bigoted sections of the populace from doing horrible things to them. If you knew any people who have had to deal with growing up gay personally, you might have a different take on this.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
If what you're saying is correct then we would see mass homosexual lifestyles (i.e. not random activity) with our farm animals and other overpopulated areas would we not? So, you're saying that I have to compare homosexuality to a mindless animal that is going in the wrong direction to understand how it would be a "natural thing."

That does not even involve the human element, which is the power of choice and being aware of one's self. That sounds like a contradiction in and of itself. :areyoucra

The following is taken from a googling (i.e. key word- homosexual gene debunked) of about 50 or more newer articles. Are are all these people wrong?
If so then how? This is just a question I'm asking for the intention of learning something that I may have missed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In this age, one of the most difficult issues facing our nation today is the issue of homosexuality. For the most part, homosexuals become extremely offended if one even suggests that their sexual orientation was a choice.

Perhaps the greatest defense for the acceptance of homosexuality is the so-called "gay" gene. While it may not be easy to "come out" of homosexuality, there is credible and substantial evidence disproving the "gay"-gene theory. The first question is, does the issue of whether homosexuality is a choice, or not, really matter? The Human Rights Campaign, a homosexual-activist group, doesn't think so. "The vast majority of gay people will tell you that same-sex orientation is an innate part of who you are and is not changeable," a spokesman said. "But in the final analysis, it really shouldn't matter."

Whether the sincerity of that statement is valid or not, the simple fact is that whether homosexuality is a genetic trait or not does matter. If homosexuality is genetic and not a choice, then the lifestyle and act must be accepted by everyone, because it cannot be prevented. However, if it is a choice, then anyone has the right to label homosexuality unacceptable and immoral. The scientific basis the homosexual community uses to prove the "gay"-gene theory are two different studies conducted in 1993 and 1995. The studies found a specific marker in the X chromosome that links to homosexuality in men.

In 1993, biologist Dean Hamer of the National Cancer Institute found that in 40 pairs of homosexual brothers, 33 of them had the same set of DNA sequences in a part of the chromosome called, "Xq28." This has caused many homosexual leaders to proclaim this "evidence" and demand respect and acceptance of homosexuality because of this apparent genetic trait. However, in late June of 1995, reports were confirmed that Dean Hamer was being investigated by the Office of Research Integrity at the Department of Health and Human Services. Reports found that Hamer may have selectively reported his research and data – which has led many to question the credibility of his research.

Furthermore, in the late '90s, a team of researchers at the University of Western Ontario in Canada found no trace or evidence of the "gay" gene in homosexual men. The study found that the region of the X chromosome known as "Xq28" has nothing to do with the sexual "orientation" of a person.
Neurologist George Rice studied the DNA of 52 pairs of homosexual brothers and found that their Xq28 sequences were no more similar than what might happen from sheer chance. Despite the debunking of evidence to back the "gay"-gene theory, homosexual advocates continue to use the out-dated evidence to promote the existence of a homosexual genetic trait.

Much more evidence can be provided. Identical twins, for instance, share the same set of chromosomal patterns. Therefore, if one twin's DNA has a homosexual genetic trait, then it is inevitable that both twins will be homosexuals. However, that is not the case with all twins. When one twin is homosexual, the probability of the other identical twin being homosexual is 50 percent. Thus, the "gay"-gene theory is, once again, debunked by using logical, scientific research.

Still, there is even more evidence against homosexual genes. If homosexuality is, indeed – despite other evidence – a genetic trait, that gene would eventually be ousted from the gene pool because homosexuals tend not to reproduce. Instead, homosexuality has appeared in civilizations across time. In some parts of the world, homosexuality flourishes, but in other parts of the world, homosexuality is not present. Additionally, if "gay"-gene theory were true, it would be next to impossible to change the lifestyle to heterosexuality. However, it is not impossible to change sexual orientations – Stephen Bennett is a great example, and so are the thousands of others who have come out of homosexuality.

With this incredible load of evidence mounting up against the "gay"-gene theory, it would be safe to say that homosexuality is actually not something one is born with, but a choice. Instead of using hard evidence and facts, the homosexual community has stooped so low as to use media to force feed this unproven theory as fact in order to advance their agenda.

Read more: 'Gay' gene: Fact or fantasy? http://www.wnd.com/index.php/index.php?pageId=14781#ixzz1E4uz63Lb

Let me take a wild guess: all these people are probably one or both of the following a)fundamentalist christians b)homophobic
I honestly dont understand why anyone give two spits whether two people who are genuinely in love become a legally recognized couple. In what way does that hurt anyone else?

The Wizard

Let me take a wild guess: all these people are probably one or both of the following a)fundamentalist christians b)homophobic

My posts are about the genetic suggestion, not other peoples polatical affiliation. There are plenty of new articles on google. The same studies have been founded by homosexual scientists and researchers, which debunks the gay gene myth and puts the cause on real things- choice being one of them, as well as other things I previously mentioned.

I honestly dont understand why anyone give two spits whether two people who are genuinely in love become a legally recognized couple. In what way does that hurt anyone else?

It doesn't make any difference to me either what someone chooses to do in life- or their orientation and tastes. It's their life and body. I just find the genetic thing as not making any sense whatsoever, especially with new research study... IMO.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
homosexuality is not natural it leads to exstinction becuase homo can not pro create they die out. natural selection does not support 'homosexuality' according to natural selection gays will die out. evolutionists have been stumped there is nothing natural about gays.
Ah. That must be why there's no more of them left.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
No, no... What I want to know is how do they conclude that that particular gene or genetic attribute is soley for the purpose of homosexuality? How does the gene tell them that? Does it have a big letter G on it or something? I have always wondered that. Couldn't it be for a mirad of anything about the person?
So you don't think science has any way to determine whether something is genetic or not? Don't read much about Biology, do you?

Respectively speaking, I still attribute the lifestyle to someone's choice, childhood and other experiences, influence and the envirement. It seems that the more homosexuality is visible and accepted in society more homosexuals spring up, which has nothing to do with genes, unless I'm mistaken.... IMO.
No, the numbers remain the same through the ages. I doubt this will have the slightest effect on your views, however, based as they are on utter ignorance.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You mean I get to finally claim to be the ignorant stinky poo on a subject?
Well, your posts seem to indicate a high level of ignorance.
Are you going to answer my questions or 1-up yourself? Why does homosexuality (i.e. like in the U.S.)spread when it is more visible and accepted as an alternative lifestyle choice to youth? Genes certainly wouldn't have anything to do with it.
It doesn't.

I didn't claim there was "a gene" for anything.

It's hard to discuss a subject with someone who knows almost nothing about it, unless they're interested in learning. Are you?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you think homosexuality is a choice you're ignoring weight of evidence. Serious research is making an increasingly strong case that most homosexuality is either inborn or epigenetic. There are structural differences -- it can often be diagnosed by MRI. It's observed in other mammals and birds.

And you mischaracterize it. Homosexuality's no more a "lifestyle" than heterosexuality.

The Wizard

If you think homosexuality is a choice you're ignoring weight of evidence. Serious research is making an increasingly strong case that most homosexuality is either inborn or epigenetic. There are structural differences -- it can often be diagnosed by MRI. It's observed in other mammals and birds.

And you mischaracterize it. Homosexuality's no more a "lifestyle" than heterosexuality.

So, are you saying that the article I posted earlier is false? What is false about it and why?