• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality not included.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Gay guys tend to make passes at anything with a male genitalia, I have had this happen before and sexual harassment reports filed by men are rarely taken seriously.
Funny.
My experience has been that they leave me completely alone.
They do not flirt with me, they do not make passes at me, there is no inappropriate comments or touching.

One wonders why you are such a gay man magnet...?

Spirited

Bring about world peace
Dont masterbate if yer afraid of being HOMO.

What in the world is your argument? I can't even figure it out.

Funny.
My experience has been that they leave me completely alone.
They do not flirt with me, they do not make passes at me, there is no inappropriate comments or touching.

One wonders why you are such a gay man magnet...?

Maybe I should stop dressing in drag for casual Fridays.

A. T. Henderson

R&P refugee
I don't go around telling everyone I don't believe in gay rights, but preemptively having my company tell me it's mandatory that I do believe in them is absurd.

Have you actually been told that you do, or have you rather been told that it's company policy that you should? I think it's probably the latter.

Agenda
a list, plan, outline, or the like, of things to be done, matters to be acted or voted upon, etc.: "The chairman says we have a lengthy agenda this afternoon."
(Agenda | Define Agenda at Dictionary.com)

There was a Black Agenda, I just don't have a problem with that. There is also a Catholic Agenda. All it means is "plan", though it generally suggests more organization.

Hah. Yes, and I'm sure you're using the term "agenda" in exactly as neutral a sense as you're presenting it here. Who do you think you're kidding?

Regardless, you are tacitly acknowledging then that the so-called "gay agenda" is nothing more than the desire to be accepted as equal members of society. So where's the problem?

Freedom of speech offends a lot of people, it is never my goal to do so, but when did it become illegal? Getting fired from a job is offensive, they seem to apply the golden rule in that instance don't they?

It's not a question of legality necessarily, more a question of policy. Any company has the right to fire people who fail to behave in a manner they consider appropriate, and you agree to be fired if you fail to do so when you sign up with them.

Let's be realistic here: you're asking for the freedom to tell people, in the workplace, that you disapprove of the way they live their lives. Why should you have that?

No one has rights or the lack there of to believe anything, only to express their beliefs; believing in and of itself is still an intangible, cognitive process (though thought scans may not be far off!). That being said, my ability to express my beliefs is actually not well protected at all, and thus, I keep them to myself outside of these forums and my circle of friends.

As far as I'm aware, it's entirely protected in most of the Western world, unless you actively incite hatred or violence against others.

Gay guys tend to make passes at anything with a male genitalia, I have had this happen before and sexual harassment reports filed by men are rarely taken seriously.

Oh ********. I absolutely refuse to believe this. I know plenty of gay people, and they're no more sexually aggressive than anyone else.

Last edited:

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Homosexuallity in the Bible pertains to the holiness and purity laws of the Jews.
Maybe regarding the OT, but not the NT. It is probably more accurate to say that Homosexuality in the NT, has more to do with Greek culture and the backlash against it. At least to a point.
Sins are western Christianities laws. If yer a Christian follow YOUR Christian laws as Jews follow THEIR Jewish Laws.
Sins are not Western Christianity laws. We see sins also existing in the OT, Eastern Christianity, and Judaism.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
smiley-score001.gif

no-body

I think it is better just for people to realize that Paul is not always a good guide for moral and ethics. He was writing in a different time and place.

Too bad most Christians don't feel this way.

However, the vast majority of priests had nothing to do with such things. To lump them all together simply is foolish, and a major injustice. Especially considering that there are some very good priests out there.

As foolish as comparing homosexual acts to drug use, thievery and murder, yes.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

I love how homophobes always subtly point out with pride how gay men hit on them. Tends to make me wonder whether they're the type of homophobe who is a closeted homosexual.

Spirited

Bring about world peace
Have you actually been tolda that you do, or have you rather been told that it's company policy that you should? I think it's probably the latter.

There is no mention of acceptable contrary opinions.

Hah. Yes, and I'm sure you're using the term "agenda" in exactly as neutral a sense as you're presenting it here. Who do you think you're kidding?

I'm using the term in proper fashion, it's the agenda itself that I dislike, not that it is an agenda.

Regardless, you are tacitly acknowledging then that the so-called "gay agenda" is nothing more than the desire to be accepted as equal members of society. So where's the problem?

I never acknowledge it was the desire for equal rights. No one else has a right to marry someone of the same sex, and they have every right to marry one of the opposite. This is not comparable to the Civil Rights movement at all. They are already accepted as equal members, they wish to be re-categorized essentially into a new race with a need for slightly different rights. As it stands, they can do everything that I can do, in the exact same fashion I can.

It's not a question of legality necessarily, more a question of policy. Any company has the right to fire people who fail to behave in a manner they consider appropriate, and you agree to be fired if you fail to do so when you sign up with them.

They cannot refuse to hire me based on my ethnicity or religion, how come they can fire me based on it?

Let's be realistic here: you're asking for the freedom to tell people, in the workplace, that you disapprove of the way they live their lives. Why should you have that?

I don't care to do that at all, I tend to keep my opinions to myself. However, if I am hypothetically unable to share an opinion with those who share theirs with myself, I become upset.

As far as I'm aware, it's entirely protected in most of the Western world, unless you actively incite hatred or violence against others.

That is simply not the case.

Oh ********. I absolutely refuse to believe this. I know plenty of gay people, and they're no more sexually aggressive than anyone else.

Gay men are statistically the most promiscuous sexual group.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I'm a big fan of equal rights. Everyone deserves the same rights so why should homosexuals be any different? Just because one holy book says a few things about it? Rubbish.

Spirited

Bring about world peace
I love how homophobes always subtly point out with pride how gay men hit on them. Tends to make me wonder whether they're the type of homophobe who is a closeted homosexual.

I like how people who disagree with someone on their stance of homosexuality will always subtly infer that those opposed are closeted themselves, thus invalidating their argument via logical fallacy.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I like how people who disagree with someone on their stance of homosexuality will always subtly infer that those opposed are closeted themselves, thus invalidating their argument via logical fallacy.
How does presenting your experiences as a gay man magnet help further your argument?

no-body

I never acknowledge it was the desire for equal rights. No one else has a right to marry someone of the same sex, and they have every right to marry one of the opposite. This is not comparable to the Civil Rights movement at all. They are already accepted as equal members, they wish to be re-categorized essentially into a new race with a need for slightly different rights. As it stands, they can do everything that I can do, in the exact same fashion I can.

"They still get to drink from a drinking fountain, just not my drinking fountain, see it's still equal" :facepalm:

Spirited

Bring about world peace
How does presenting your experiences as a gay man magnet help further your argument?

It was a rebuttal to his comment that they don't do anything similar to prosthelytizing to non-gays. I simply don't see that as being the case.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

It's okay to be flattered by men hitting on you. It's okay to enjoy it.

A. T. Henderson

R&P refugee
There is no mention of acceptable contrary opinions.

Why should there be? There can only be one company policy on any given subject.

I'm using the term in proper fashion, it's the agenda itself that I dislike, not that it is an agenda.

So you don't like the fact that gay people want to be recognised as equal members of society? Why?

That's a ludicrous argument. And it has an exact parallel with the Jim Crow laws. Gay people need an equivalent right, not the same right. That's what equality means. And why should they not be allowed it? Can you give me a single valid legal reason? Why can marriage not simply be an arrangement between two people?

They cannot refuse to hire me based on my ethnicity or religion, how come they can fire me based on it?

They can't. They can fire you based on your behaviour, which has nothing to do with either. A company couldn't refuse to hire me for being a Thugee, but they could fire me for garotting people.

I don't care to do that at all, I tend to keep my opinions to myself. However, if I am hypothetically unable to share an opinion with those who share theirs with myself, I become upset.

Well that's your problem. It's not the other people's opinion which is offending you, it's the fact that you can't tell them you disapprove of it.

That is simply not the case.

That's a pitiful argument. I counter with: yeah, it is.

Gay men are statistically the most promiscuous sexual group.

Cite a source which proves this claim. Oh, and by "a source", I mean a reliable and objective source.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It was a rebuttal to his comment that they don't do anything similar to prosthelytizing to non-gays. I simply don't see that as being the case.
And you think that your being a gay man magnet even compares to religious proselytizing?
Seriously?