• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality "Sick?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
First post here:

Okay, the thing i hate most about forums are ones you enter when they're already 5+ pages long (in this case 33). I'll just say this before I continue reading:
What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be mislead. Neither fornicators, not idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God's kingdom. - The first of the Corinthians, chapter six, verses nine and ten. (Bible)

Personally, I find homosexuals sick, and do my best to avoid them, I'm even uncomfortable with them with a TV screen in between.
This thread was an invitation to (at least attempt to) explain/ justify your bigotry, not just rant about it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
First post here:

Okay, the thing i hate most about forums are ones you enter when they're already 5+ pages long (in this case 33). I'll just say this before I continue reading:
What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be mislead. Neither fornicators, not idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God's kingdom. - The first of the Corinthians, chapter six, verses nine and ten. (Bible)

Personally, I find homosexuals sick, and do my best to avoid them, I'm even uncomfortable with them with a TV screen in between.
Personally, I find it strange that you would use a passage that condemns "revilers" just as strongly as "men who lie with men"* to justify your reviling of homosexuality.

*BTW: I think that whatever translation you're using is a bit suspect. I've seen the terms "men kept for unnatural purposes" and "men who lie with other men" in your version rendered as "pederasts" (i.e. same-sex pedophiles) and "male temple prostitutes" respectively in other translations. If that's the case, then a condemnation of plain old-fashioned homosexual relationships between consenting adults is conspicuously absent.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If that's the case, then a condemnation of plain old-fashioned homosexual relationships between consenting adults is conspicuously absent.

What I have come to believe..is at the time..they did not realize "homosexuals" existed.So therefore all homosexual "activity" was a deviant or "unatural" "lusftul" perverted act by a heterosexual.Against the nature of what God intended for sex between two people.(or 800 women and one man in some cases)Because they believed..God created a male to be attracted to females..and for females to be attracted to males period.(starting from the "beginning)They were giving instructions based on what "knowledge" they had at the time.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The writers of the Bible were "inspired" by God..Not "possessed" by God as they wrote.AndI dont think they meant to do any harm.Its unfortunate..that in todays times..people keep their eyes closed and use the Bible to hurt and harm people.

Love

Dallas

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
...Its unfortunate..that in todays times..people keep their eyes closed and use the Bible to hurt and harm people.

Love

Dallas
See, the scarier ones are those who keep their eyes open and use the Bible to harm people; it's those who are inspired by the OT and NT as literal moral guidelines that terrify me.
As for the OP, nothing "sick" or even mildly interesting about it. Except when gay men hit on me- that's an ego booster!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Its unfortunate..that in todays times..people keep their eyes closed and use the Bible to hurt and harm people.

I actually use my copy of "On the Origin of Species" for that. It's a huge, hardcover edition that really packs a wallop. I keep it right on my mantle so it's handy in case I need to whack someone upside the head with some painful knowledge.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What I have come to believe..is at the time..they did not realize "homosexuals" existed.So therefore all homosexual "activity" was a deviant or "unatural" "lusftul" perverted act by a heterosexual.Against the nature of what God intended for sex between two people.(or 800 women and one man in some cases)Because they believed..God created a male to be attracted to females..and for females to be attracted to males period.(starting from the "beginning)They were giving instructions based on what "knowledge" they had at the time.

Love

Dallas

That makes sense, Dallas, and explains Romans 1:26 quite well.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I actually use my copy of "On the Origin of Species" for that. It's a huge, hardcover edition that really packs a wallop. I keep it right on my mantle so it's handy in case I need to whack someone upside the head with some painful knowledge.

OUCH!!! :D

Love

Dallas

Trey of Diamonds

Heh! I keep my copy of the Origin of the Species right next to the Bible in my library. They seem to get along just fine. :D

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Sad but true. I used to represent victims of domestic violence. I had a client whose husband beat her with the Bible.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
That makes sense, Dallas, and explains Romans 1:26 quite well.

Right I mean if you think about it hard..it completely makes sense why it woud be "forbidden"..or a "perversion"..Because to their knowledge at the time..homosexuality was not a "natural" occurence or state of sexual orientation that you were born with.Therefore if you engaged in homosexual acts it had to be rebellion by a heterosexual and "against" God..Because there was no such thing as "a homosexual"..only "homosexual acts".

Love

Dallas

Last edited:
LOL - one bigot leaves the room (after being banned), and a new one walks in the front door - in the same thread, no less!

What do you want to bet that they share the same pair of tights on their superhero uniform?

I'm surprised that he didn't reincarnate himself as "joetheseeker".

Originally Posted by Mestemia
seems Killer Whale is merely picking up where cristheseeker left off....

You know, you never see cris and killer together at the same time........

the bigot is back. actually i never left. just wanted to see who'd bite the bullet. and you two did.:yes:

i wonder how many other theists besides killer whale are itching to get in on this. but practice self-restraint, knowing they wont get anywhere.

oh, and by the way, the BIBLE still condemns HOMOSEXUALITY. :faint:

you can try to vaguely define the word "love" as including homosexuality(which includes lesbianism by the way, since the word homosexual has nothing do do with any specific gender) but at the end of the day, any homo-christian knows deep down in his/her heart that are wasting their time, because if the christian god really exists, he will send them to hell either way.

so really, i fail to see the logic of proud practicing homosexual christians. its kind of like a duck joining a group of geese thinking if he spends enough time around them, he will eventually turn into a goose.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
the bigot is back. actually i never left. just wanted to see who'd bite the bullet. and you two did.:yes:

i wonder how many other theists besides killer whale are itching to get in on this. but practice self-restraint, knowing they wont get anywhere.
Does that mean you are KillerWhale? If so, it's against forum rules to have two accounts. :p

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

oh, and by the way, the BIBLE still condemns HOMOSEXUALITY. :faint:

you can try to vaguely define the word "love" as including homosexuality(which includes lesbianism by the way, since the word homosexual has nothing do do with any specific gender) but at the end of the day, any homo-christian knows deep down in his/her heart that are wasting their time, because if the christian god really exists, he will send them to hell either way.

so really, i fail to see the logic of proud practicing homosexual christians. its kind of like a duck joining a group of geese thinking if he spends enough time around them, he will eventually turn into a goose.

Its odd how you seem to think you know what "any homo' knows deep down inside.

Its odd you seem to know anything at all about anyone in particular.

What do you know about yourself? Since you have everyone else pegged for what they know and believe?

Im curious..who exactly do you think you are?..What do you know about your self?

Love

Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.