• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Evie

Perhaps He allowed the other religions to exist out of love for all humanity to provide a means of salvation for all peoples. God is Almighty and Omniscient. He is also All-loving and Righteous.
What do you mean by 'other religions? My statement meant ALL religions.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Thanks for your reply Vinayaka!... It's simply by way of information to your previous post.

The Qur'an also I think has a few verses that may relate:

“For We assuredly sent amongst every People a Messenger, (with the command): ‘Serve God, and eschew Evil;’ of the people were some whom God guided, and some on whom Error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth)”

~ Quran 16:36

and “Of some messengers We have already told you the story; of others We have not; - and to Moses God spoke direct.” ~ Quran 4:164

None of this addresses all of the people who don't believe in the concept of manifestation or messenger at all. So just like other Abrahamics, we are the infidels, the non-believers. Perhaps even 'the enemy'. The Qur'an quote says it quite clearly. Thank you. "So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied."

So I ask ... have you travelled across this earth and seen what has happened to those of us who have denied your truth?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Perhaps He allowed the other religions to exist out of love for all humanity to provide a means of salvation for all peoples. God is Almighty and Omniscient. He is also All-loving and Righteous.

God has allowed. This seems a wrong wording, like 'God has tolerated, but begrudgingly". It seems to me God has created, or God has emanated would set a more positive tone on how to relate to other religions.

Evie

God has allowed. This seems a wrong wording, like 'God has tolerated, but begrudgingly". It seems to me God has created, or God has emanated would set a more positive tone on how to relate to other religions.
I would not say tolerated. It could be possible the many thousands of varying religious beliefs came into existence for a reason known only to God Himself. I for one would not presume to know the mind of God. I am only supposing it is a possibility.

Evie

I have found the truth and so has @Vinayaka so what other truth is there for us to claim if you can give an explanation that your truth is the truth of all religions.
'It is the Glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.' Proverbs 25:2

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
'It is the Glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.' Proverbs 25:2

That doesnt explain anything to me. Im not christian. You need to put commentary to scripture because not everyone reads it like you.

It does not speak for itself.

Many other people and myself have found our individual
Truths. Explain how Your truth is not just yours but that of all religions.

Not a claim. I read those all the time. You explain it logically.

Evie

That doesnt explain anything to me. Im not christian. You need to put commentary to scripture because not everyone reads it like you.

It does not speak for itself.

Many other people and myself have found our individual
Truths. Explain how Your truth is not just yours but that of all religions.

Not a claim. I read those all the time. You explain it logically.
I have said that it is a possibility that every single Religion exists for a reason only God knows. EVERY religion. Do you think God considers Himself A RELIGION? What a limitation to put on an all knowing, all powerful, infinite everlasting Omnipotent God. God is God. So the existence of thousands of varying religious beliefs has to be for a reason. There is a reason for everything.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have said that it is a possibility that every single Religion exists for a reason only God knows. EVERY religion. Do you think God considers Himself A RELIGION? What a limitation to put on an all knowing, all powerful, infinite everlasting Omnipotent God. God is God. So the existence of thousands of varying religious beliefs has to be for a reason. There is a reason for everything.

A religion is not limitating. Christ did works. Thats part of religion. You evangalize. Thats religion. Prayer is just as much as worship. Without religion, where is god?

Multiple religions exist because people evolve from different countries, cultures, and languages. Each religious group and community make sense of life in their given ways of relating to self, others, and their environment. Its an evolution of culture. Its not mysterious. Its very well studied in athropology, psychology, sociology, theology, archrology, metaphysics, and more. When you study these things you realise everyone has separate truths. They are not under one religion. There is no "god knows" when studying different worldviews outside your own.

Instead, challenge the issue. How would many religions fall under one truth? I asked @loverofhumanity , @adrian009 , and @arthra this but bahaullah was somewhere involved.

Describe truth without god, christ, prophets, and no saying "we dont know" because why believe in anything if you dont know its true. Speculate.

Evie

A religion is not limitating. Christ did works. Thats part of religion. You evangalize. Thats religion. Prayer is just as much as worship. Without religion, where is god?

Multiple religions exist because people evolve from different countries, cultures, and languages. Each religious group and community make sense of life in their given ways of relating to self, others, and their environment. Its an evolution of culture. Its not mysterious. Its very well studied in athropology, psychology, sociology, theology, archrology, metaphysics, and more. When you study these things you realise everyone has separate truths. They are not under one religion. There is no "god knows" when studying different worldviews outside your own.

Instead, challenge the issue. How would many religions fall under one truth? I asked @loverofhumanity , @adrian009 , and @arthra this but bahaullah was somewhere involved.

Describe truth without god, christ, prophets, and no saying "we dont know" because why believe in anything if you dont know its true. Speculate.
You ask how would many religions fall under one truth. Now that is what I put forth as a possibility. What seems foolishness to man is wisdom to God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You ask how would many religions fall under one truth. Now that is what I put forth as a possibility. What seems foolishness to man is wisdom to God.

But god cant be included in this.

Is it possible to explain one truth without the teachings and prophets and gods each religion has or doesnt have?

I asked to explain how religions can fall under one truth. You posted bible scripture, then said god only knows, then said foolish doesnt know what god knows.

A lot of us are not foolish because we have found are individual truths. So we cant go off of that explanation unless people agree with you. Its not truth if there is a clause that only wise men know it.

The more we realize we dont know, the wiser we are. Fools are wiser than those who proclaim to know god.

Another question. If satan can mask himself as light, how do you decern the truth you have is from god?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have found the truth and so has @Vinayaka so what other truth is there for us to claim if you can give an explanation that your truth is the truth of all religions.

No I have not found the truth, Carlita. I am still a seeker. I believe truth exists, and I believe I have found the best path for me to find that truth. I also believe that that truth may well be different from other 'truths'.

Evie

I do not claim to have the truth. The possibility of ALL RELIGIONS existing for a reason simply came to my mind. And I have to think it is possible. I do not know the reason.

Evie

C
I do not claim to have the truth. The possibility of ALL RELIGIONS existing for a reason simply came to my mind. And I have to think it is possible. I do not know the reason.
Consider the thousands of religious beliefs and those believing them. Each vying to be recognised as THE TRUTH. Think about it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I would not say tolerated. It could be possible the many thousands of varying religious beliefs came into existence for a reason known only to God Himself. I for one would not presume to know the mind of God. I am only supposing it is a possibility.

I would expand that to include non-belief as well. My philosophy is called monistic theism, so all aspects of the universe are extensions of God. Nothing is separate from God. That is His eternal dance.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No I have not found the truth, Carlita. I am still a seeker. I believe truth exists, and I believe I have found the best path for me to find that truth. I also believe that that truth may well be different from other 'truths'.

Isnt your truth your journey? The religion you chose to embark on this journey?

Truth doesnt neeed to be a destination (hint hint to readers)

Evie

Not all religions are vying to be recognised as the sole bearer of truth.
Maybe not all. But new religions are born into existence because of concepts which are at variance with existing religious beliefs. The new concept forms it's own religion.