• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Everyone being Baha'i is diversity? Wow.

Baha"is come from every culture, race, nationality, tradition, religion, custom, tribe, language and class on earth. A true cross section of humanity

Over 2100 Indigenous tribes, races, and ethnic groups are represented in around 200 countries.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It is like putting many different species, in One Single Ark. We would have unity in diversity, wouldn't we?
Who is the driver/owner of the ark? What about the people who don't want to go on the ark?

I just don't see any analogy that works for this. Many arks, many faiths, mutual respect.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Baha"is come from every culture, race, nationality, tradition, religion, custom, tribe, language and class on earth. A true cross section of humanity

Over 2100 Indigenous tribes, races, and ethnic groups are represented in around 200 countries.

And all Bahai. Not a single Christian. Not a single Hindu. Not a single Pagan. Not a single Buddhist. Every single one a card carrying Bahai, lol.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Today and tomorrow.

Do you agree with that (I should ask)?

Of course. I said it's all up to the people for all time to choose to accept or reject Baha'u'llah.

They have so far rejected us for 170 years so its clear they are perfectly free to do that and we accept and respect that fully.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Is it better to have one peaceful dominate religion or fifty thousand peaceful non dominate religions?
If it was possible to have 50000 peaceful religions, and that was the way, then why after so many thousands of years, they are still in conflicts? Even today, there is a lot of religious fanaticism, among Muslims, Christians and etc, not to mention, the different sects of religions are in war and conflict.
But, if we have one united Faith, whose members are united with each other, and work together in harmony to build a better world, do you not think that is better?
Also, the fact is, the Truth is One, so, even though, people have their right to have any belief they want, even a false one, still, would it not make sense that, if all people discover that one single Truth, and thus be united in their vision, rather than having conflicts? How would it be in a perfect world?

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Who is the driver/owner of the ark? What about the people who don't want to go on the ark?

I just don't see any analogy that works for this. Many arks, many faiths, mutual respect.
In my belief, if all people investigate without bias, they would enter an Ark of unity driven by One Truth.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
And all Bahai. Not a single Christian. Not a single Hindu. Not a single Pagan. Not a single Buddhist. Every single one a card carrying Bahai, lol.

I still believe in Christ and the Bible. I never gave up my belief in Christ or the Gospels.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Is there a movement afoot within Bahai to change this? Or by 'everyone' do you just mean the Bahai?

The Baha'i Administrative Order is gradually unfolding and evolving. In time, when there is a majority Baha'i population there would be a Baha'i State which would be formed with the consent of the people and all would have a vote.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In my belief, if all people investigate without bias, they would enter an Ark of unity driven by One Truth.

Yes that is your belief. My belief is that the truth that your prophet described is different than the truth that other sages, including Hindu sages, have described. But I'm fine with having different 'truths'. Its human nature to be different.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I still believe in Christ and the Bible. I never gave up my belief in Christ or the Gospels.
Go to Catholic mass then. Explain to the good Father that you are a Bahai. See if he agrees. See if he will give you the sacraments.

You see, at some point there is a definition of religion. The people of that religion get to decide. I get to vote in Canada. You get to vote in Australia. Do you honestly think you can come to Canada and cast your vote?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The Baha'i Administrative Order is gradually unfolding and evolving. In time, when there is a majority Baha'i population there would be a Baha'i State which would be formed with the consent of the people and all would have a vote.
10 million ... only 3.5 billion to go. Let's see. 10 million after 170 years. To get to a billion, at this rate it will take only 17 000 years.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Of course. I said it's all up to the people for all time to choose to accept or reject Baha'u'llah.

This is not accept diversity.

Can world peace happen with fifty thousand peaceful religions or with one peaceful dominate religion?

I didnt mention people. I didnt say which religion. Black and white.

If it was possible to have 50000 peaceful religions, and that was the way, then why after so many thousands of years, they are still in conflicts?

What does your post have to do with my question?

Can we have fifty thousand peaceful non dominate religions or do you prefer one peace dominate religion?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Can world peace happen with fifty thousand peaceful religions or with one peaceful dominate religion?

Can we have fifty thousand peaceful non dominate religions or do you prefer one peace dominate religion?

Some of the 'peaceful' religions figure if they just kill everyone else off, there will only be them left. But unfortunately that won't work either because they forget one thing ... the instinctive strata of mind.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Some of the 'peaceful' religions figure if they just kill everyone else off, there will only be them left. But unfortunately that won't work either because they forget one thing ... the instinctive strata of mind.
Which has nothing to do with the Baha'is, who do not "kill everyone else".
Please remember the bounds of moderation and relevance when posting

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Peace and prosperity is my wish however it can be established.

siti

if you have any evidence that Bahaullah had detailed Religious education, i like to learn.

Baha'u'llah as a youth

"...by the time He was fourteen, he became known for His learning. He would converse on any subject and solve any problem presented to him. In large gatherings he would explain intricate religious questions..."

Clearly, according to Baha'i interpretations at least, Baha'u'llah had acquired detailed knowledge of religion by the age of 14. He was also able to comment on details of the Torah and the Christian scriptures as well as the Qur'an in his writings. He also had a reasonable knowledge of Hinduism as is evident from his dialogue with Manakji Limji Hataria which are recounted by Baha'u'llah in a letter to Mirza Abu'l-Fadl.

See here for more details on that:

Baha'u'llah on Hinduism and Zoroastrianism: The Tablet to Mirza Abu'l-Fadl Concerning the Questions of Manakji Limji Hataria

Here are a few relevant excerpts:

"It has not been widely recognized, however, that Baha'u'llah himself had some knowledge of Hinduism...

Not only was Baha'u'llah familiar with Hinduism, but he clearly expected that his nineteenth-century, literate, Persian-speaking audience would be, as well...

A substantial literature on Hinduism existed in Arabic and Persian...

...many Hindus also wrote in or translated into Persian, very large numbers of such manuscripts circulated among the literate classes, and many of these books demonstrably reached Iran...

Persian descriptions of Hinduism, though varying in quality, were also quite numerous...

Baha'u'llah's wording makes it clear that he was familiar with the Yoga Vasistha...

Major points of interest are Baha'u'llah's attitudes to Zoroastrianism and Hinduism. He was clearly
well-versed in the former..."

Will that do for now?

EDIT: I does seem that Baha'u'llah made very little, if any, commentary on Buddha or Buddhism. It was Abdu'l Baha who elevated Buddha to the rank of Manifestation. But it does seem pretty clear that both Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l Baha were very well-read in religious matters - and especially (and unsurprisingly) those that were important in 19th century Persia - including Hinduism and Zoroastrianism. So the Baha'i claim (repeated yet again) that their knowledge of religion was not gained from religious education, certainly seems to me to be rather questionable.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Remember Baha'u'llah translated means Glory of God. Recall also that one of the names of Jesus was Immanuel which means God with us.

There a number of different Messianic titles in the OT.

The Glory of the Lord
The Glory of the god of Israel
The Lord of Hosts
The King of Glory
The everlasting Father and Prince of Peace
The Desire of all nations
The Branch

Some verses refer to one Messiah or the other, some refer to both, and some also refer to God.

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. Isaiah 40:1-5.

Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east:
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
Ezekiel 43:1-2

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Psalms 24:9-10

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The might God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 6-7.

And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.
Haggai 2:7

"And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD: Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both." Zechariah 6:12-13

We need to consider each verse on a case by case basis to work out which ones speak about the Baha'u'llah (Glory of God), which speak about Jesus, and which refer to both.
I'd like to know when you say that Zoroaster, Buddha, King David, and Isaiah lived? Because if a Psalm of David or a prophecy of Isaiah mentions a coming of the next manifestation, it might have to include Zoroaster and Buddha. If the dates don't work then the Psalm or prophecy would have to include Jesus, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah. So not only a second coming, but many comings.