• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That does not make sense. If you want world peace you'd communicate and apply ideas with each other. You can't be isolated and say "we don't want to interfere" and not spread your faith at the same time. Many missionaries go out for the very purpose of world peace (thinking positive here). Many Churches contribute to world peace by their expression of belief and action thereof.

Your view of world peace is, how do they say, causes a boomerang effect. (It's on the tip of my tongue)

You cannot have world peace when you disregard other people's beliefs in favor of your own.

No one is disregarding other people's beliefs. We live side by side with all religions. We have no problems with any religions so I have no idea what you're talking about.

In a practical sense we meet with fellow religionists as equals and have good relations with them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
To me they're all family and brothers and sisters no matter what they believe.

Don't you see the problem with this statement?

The reason people don't see Bahai, Christians, Muslims, etc as brothers and sisters is not because you respect our religions diversity. It's because your goals of world peace (salvation for all, or whatever) tries to incorporate selective set of people and disregarding who they are as people.

It's literally tearing people a part when you take out their traditions, rituals, and dogma.

and you don't care "no matter what they believe."

How in the world can you bring world peace if your statements do not take into consideration other people's definition of world peace without Bahaullah?

Can't you see that we're not putting ourselves in the Cherokee family. We have our own Bahá'í World Community. We have nothing to do with cherokees but we act peacefully to all religions.

You've done it many times in this thread. Telling us you're Hindu, have and have a Christian mindset. You've said repeatedly about sharing the same foundations of love and peace with all religions. You stated above you are all one family.

Most minorities know our boundaries. We take into consideration what others believe while keeping our beliefs in doing so.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No one is disregarding other people's beliefs. We live side by side with all religions. We have no problems with any religions so I have no idea what you're talking about.

In a practical sense we meet with fellow religionists as equals and have good relations with them.

By saying "taking out traditions, dogma, and rituals" is disregarding people's beliefs. Do you see that?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We exalt other people's Prophets and Holy Books.

No you do not. You said you take out their traditions, dogma, and rituals. That is not exaltation. That is a severe contradiction. World peace incorporates world views and beliefs.

It is not just Bahaullah. You must by definition incorporate other people's worldviews to establish world peace.

Without that, you can say you believe X no matter what they believe and get no where because of it.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
By saying "taking out traditions, dogma, and rituals" is disregarding people's beliefs. Do you see that?

We're not taking anything from anyone. All the religions are the same today they were before.

It s just that in OUR religion we don't practise these traditions or dogmas and rituals. We are an entirely new independent Faith with our own Founder, Holy Book and Administration.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
No you do not. You said you take out their traditions, dogma, and rituals. That is not exaltation. That is a severe contradiction. World peace incorporates world views and beliefs.

It is not just Bahaullah. You must by definition incorporate other people's worldviews to establish world peace.

Without that, you can say you believe X no matter what they believe and get no where because of it.

We are the Bahá'í Faith and we have our own beliefs. We recognise the Founders and Holy Books of other Faiths and respect their cultures, traditions and customs.

We regularly consult with other religions about how to bring about peace. We work together with them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Bahaullah sees as defective so He has brought a new system, eliminated clergy and all forms of rituals and man made dogmas and set up things so we don't have another Crusades or terorism or Holy Wars

This is not just for your belief. You want to do this for other beliefs so there is no war and people would have world peace. How are you having world peace if you do not care what others believe?

To me they're all family and brothers and sisters no matter what they believe.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We're not taking anything from anyone. All the religions are the same today they were before.

It s just that in OUR religion we don't practise these traditions or dogmas and rituals. We are an entirely new independent Faith with our own Founder, Holy Book and Administration.

You can't be independent if you want world peace. Your belief and Bahaullah's quotes do not say "be by yourself." He wants to change other others with a new system (as repeatedly said) so that world peace or love etc can be the foundation of all revealed religions. Even to the point of saying Buddhism has a god and Hindu has he same god as the god abraham.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Don't you see the problem with this statement?

The reason people don't see Bahai, Christians, Muslims, etc as brothers and sisters is not because you respect our religions diversity. It's because your goals of world peace (salvation for all, or whatever) tries to incorporate selective set of people and disregarding who they are as people.

It's literally tearing people a part when you take out their traditions, rituals, and dogma.

and you don't care "no matter what they believe."

How in the world can you bring world peace if your statements do not take into consideration other people's definition of world peace without Bahaullah?

You've done it many times in this thread. Telling us you're Hindu, have and have a Christian mindset. You've said repeatedly about sharing the same foundations of love and peace with all religions. You stated above you are all one family.

Most minorities know our boundaries. We take into consideration what others believe while keeping our beliefs in doing so.

I quoted from a Hindu website that said that anyone who did good deeds was a Hindu. They weren't my words but the words of a Hindu.

We believe all humanity are equal and are one species and one race.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am very glad that Baha'is taught me about their Faith. It brought peace and contentment to my life. I am very grateful they shared with me the truth.

Yes, I am glad for you too. You are in the consciousness held by a group of people called Baha'i'. There is a different religion on this planet meant for everyone, for some reason God only knows. Just as Hinduism can make little sense to you, Baha'i' makes no sense to me. Mystically, its at the level of where chakras are spinning, and awareness is in a particular nadi.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You can't be independent if you want world peace. Your belief and Bahaullah's quotes do not say "be by yourself." He wants to change other others with a new system (as repeatedly said) so that world peace or love etc can be the foundation of all revealed religions. Even to the point of saying Buddhism has a god and Hindu has he same god as the god abraham.

We work and consult with all communities. But the Baha'i System is only for Baha'is.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I quoted from a Hindu website that said that anyone who did good deeds was a Hindu. They weren't my words but the words of a Hindu.
Just as one Baha'i' can't speak for all Baha'i', one Hindu definitely can't speak for all Hindus. Hinduism itself is as vast as the 3 Abrahamic faiths put together.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

We believe all humanity are equal and are one species and one race.

Why did you quote from a Hindu site when an actual practitioner of the aith is telling you you are wrong?

That's like my looking at Wikiepedia about the Bahai faith rather than asking you directly. If you had no other resources, you can take them as facts. Person to person interaction is better. They are resources nothing more.

To be a Hindu is more than deeds. If that be the case, I'm a Hindu. It goes beyond that. Ask about it so you learn more about the faith (remember, not one faith fits all.)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
3. All religious teachers and their teachings are relevant for this day.

Within Hinduism itself there are probably upwards of a thousand schools with adherents numbering over 1000, and each has a Guru ... a living Guru, not a deceased one. That has been the way of Sanatana Dharma for thousands of years.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We work and consult with all communities. But the Baha'i System is only for Baha'is.

You expressly said Bahaullah wants to take out rituals, traditions, and dogma to have world peace (or in his words have no wars)

Which is it? Do you work with people and believe them to build world peace or do you isolate yourselves from them "sine you believe X no matter what they believe" and just work together superficially to political world peace and not spiritual?