• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can Christianity and Judaism both exist?

Rakhel

'When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false."' Jn 1:47 NIV

'I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.' Ro 11:1 NIV

'It is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Messiah Jesus.' Php 3:3

'James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus, Messiah, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Shalom.' Jas 1:1

'The scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend.' Jas 2:23 NIV

'Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say.... This is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy."' Ac 2:14-18 NIV

'In Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."' 1 Pe 2:6 NIV

'Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.' Jude 7 NIV

'Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.' 1 Jn 3:12 NIV

'Those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars.' Rv 3:9 NIV
You can't find an answer in your own head so you provide scripture from a book I don't read? And ending it with RV 3:9. It is always nice to know that I belong to the church of Satan.

Now I know what you are.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
:confused:I am confused.

Christianity claims that Christ was the Son of God and that this is the only true path to follow.

Judaism does not recognise Jesus as being the Son yet the Jews are the chosen people.

Both religions share the same God - therefore one religion must be wrong, right?

This is like some kind of religious paradox.

Early Christianity seems to have been of a Jewish sect. At some point the two became separated and completely different religions. It's happened to Hinduism with Buddhism.

One could be wrong. They both could be some what wrong. They both could be some what right. We have an imperfect gauge of what would be right and wrong on this matter as they're (based on) beliefs.

lexi

I thought they shared the same God and also the Old Testament.

Also the Christians commonly refer to the OT. Much more similar than Hinduism.

Why do we have the term Abrahamic religions then?

I see little point in having a debate over the English language.

However, it could be a paradox depending on how you look at it.

Jews do not share the Old Testament with Xtains. Jews have the Torah. There is a difference.
Abrahamic religions is a term used to describe the three religions that claim origins to Abraham. I would not put Xtainity in that catagory, but most scholars do. I don't necessarily consider Xtainity Abrahamic because its beginnings started with Paul. But hey, what do I know?:shrug:

crystalonyx

:confused:I am confused.

Christianity claims that Christ was the Son of God and that this is the only true path to follow.

Judaism does not recognise Jesus as being the Son yet the Jews are the chosen people.

Both religions share the same God - therefore one religion must be wrong, right?

This is like some kind of religious paradox.

Generally, one mythos doesn't depend on or "not exist" because of conflicts with another.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Jews do not share the Old Testament with Xtains. Jews have the Torah. There is a difference.
Abrahamic religions is a term used to describe the three religions that claim origins to Abraham. I would not put Xtainity in that catagory, but most scholars do. I don't necessarily consider Xtainity Abrahamic because its beginnings started with Paul. But hey, what do I know?:shrug:
Welcome, lexi. :)