• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you be a True Christian™ if you don't take the Eden story literally?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Trump is close to the same age as Biden. I do not believe Biden will be the Democratic nominee in 2024.

Joe and his son carry too much corruption baggage like Trump.
I believe he could be the nominee because Democrats know the rest are a bunch of losers.

Muffled

Jesus in me
And given you are a fallen and fallible mortal, is it possible you could be mistaken?

To believe and not question your flaws is to assume yourself of having the knowledge of God.
I believe I can be mistaken but God never is.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That does not change the argument. And you may have beliefs, but they do not appear to be valid ones. Believers far too often do not stop to test their beliefs. Others have similar beliefs about Allah or any other God that you care to mention.. So how would you properly test your beliefs?
I believe the fulfillment of prophecy did it for me.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Trump is close to the same age as Biden. I do not believe Biden will be the Democratic nominee in 2024.

Joe and his son carry too much corruption baggage like Trump.
Consider that Trump has been found to be a rapist, financially corrupt, and tried to overthrow a democratic election, and he will still likely be the republican candidate, how can you then think that Hunter Biden's problems will keep Joe from being a candidate? The truth is that the American people did NOT want a rerun of Trump v. Biden, but that is exactly what we will get.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Consider that Trump has been found to be a rapist, financially corrupt, and tried to overthrow a democratic election, and he will still likely be the republican candidate, how can you then think that Hunter Biden's problems will keep Joe from being a candidate? The truth is that the American people did NOT want a rerun of Trump v. Biden, but that is exactly what we will get.
I agree, but had to give it a sad rating. We can do better as a nation.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I believe he could be the nominee because Democrats know the rest are a bunch of losers.

Let's be honest and not act as if Republican politicians are more morally upright than Democratic politicians. They are both politically corrupt and morally bankrupt, and neither would hesitate to stab the American people in the back whenever they get the chance. The truth is that we pick our poison, whether we vote Republican or Democratic. If you think Donald Trump is more moral than Joe Biden, then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

If God can never be mistaken, then why did he regret creating mankind as well as every animal, every creature that creeps on the ground, and the birds of the air? Genesis 6:6-7 states: "6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, "I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds, and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them." I'd think that an omniscient (Psalm 139:1-6; Isaiah 46:9–10; 1 John 3:20), omnipotent (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), and omnipresent (Psalm 139:7–10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17) God would know better than to create things that he foreknew he would later regret creating.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe the fulfillment of prophecy did it for me.

Your view of prophecy. By the way,

the Torah is their book in Hebrew and they disagree with ALL your conclusions concerning prophecy.

I agree concerning God, but we have thousands of conflicting beliefs that claim
What's wrong with Kamala D. Harris?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Let's be honest and not act as if Republican politicians are more morally upright than Democratic politicians. They are both politically corrupt and morally bankrupt, and neither would hesitate to stab the American people in the back whenever they get the chance. The truth is that we pick our poison, whether we vote Republican or Democratic. If you think Donald Trump is more moral than Joe Biden, then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

What's wrong with Kamala D. Harris?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Oh come on. female and black. That is three strikes according to the Republcians.

Actually I would love to see her as President. I think that she would do a fine job.

I know many conservative Christians (men and women, MAGAs) who would be upset if Harris or any other woman were elected president. Many of the ones I know were quite upset when she became the first female vice president. It was like the end of the world for them when Obama was elected twice.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I know many conservative Christians (men and women, MAGAs) who would be upset if Harris or any other woman were elected president. Many of the ones I know were quite upset when she became the first female vice president. It was like the end of the world for them when Obama was elected twice.
One of my dad's friends was talking about the 2020 election (before ther election as it was August) and said that if Democrats win "one of them will be in the White House". I didn't ask what he meant, but the guy's wife was there too, so I am guessing race. I had just met this guy and he did not hold back at all in saying this in front of a stranger, the son of a friend of his.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Biden will be the democratic nominee for one reason only: because it is tradition not to run against a sitting president and Biden has selfishly chosen to run.
Isn't that two reasons? Just kidding.

You're right that if Biden wants the nomination, it's his for the asking, but I don't agree with the selfishness aspect. Are you using that word because you think Biden should step down because of his age, his competence, or both? I consider him to have been an extremely effective president, especially in his first two years when he had both houses of Congress and made New Deal magnitude changes while overseeing a successful pandemic response that saved lives, jobs, and businesses.

If it's an age issue, is it dementia or death in office that concerns you? The man is sharp as a tack, and dying in office isn't selfish to me if he chooses a good vice-presidential candidate. Harris satisfies that criterion for me. She's already had four years on-the-job training by a gifted politician and good soul with a strong moral compass - big shoes to fill and a bar to rise to. Recently, he called McConnel his friend and said he seemed his old self on the phone. He's also held his hand out to Florida and DeSantis, which is his job, but I don't see DeSantis doing the same if the roles were reversed and he were president while Biden was governor of a blue state in disaster emergency mode.

Biden is presidential, and that matters after Trump, who presented the opposite example to the nation's detriment.

I don't see the Democrats doing better than those two. Equal, perhaps, but not better.

I would say that Ruth Bader Ginsberg was selfish for holding onto her seat indefinitely, since her death on the Court came during Trump's years, and she was replaced by an ideological opposite.
That's to be expected. You probably agree that it's the price one pays who clings to the white American dream while his world around him evolves culturally past him. The fear is palpable. The savages will overrun white Christian civilization! "You will not replace us!"
One of my dad's friends was talking about the 2020 election (before the election as it was August) and said that if Democrats win "one of them will be in the White House". I didn't ask what he meant, but the guy's wife was there too, so I am guessing race. I had just met this guy and he did not hold back at all in saying this in front of a stranger, the son of a friend of his.
Another one who's unhappy about the left's egalitarianism, or as they call it, wokeness. This guy might not be fearful. He might just be a the world's going to hell-in-a-basket conservative. But whether disgusted, afraid, or whatever the objection is, it's their price to pay for being inflexibly and uncharitably ethnocentric in a changing world.

We Never Know

No Slack
IMO Hillary lost because she is female.