• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you be a True Christian™ if you don't take the Eden story literally?

We Never Know

No Slack
So if God is all knowing that means that he knows exactly what is going to happen. Otherwise there would be things that he did not know. Right?

And "if" he was omnipotent could it make a rock so big it couldn't lift it.

Again its all "what if's".

Here's a "what if" for ya...

What if a god really did exist? Would you drop to your knees, admit you were an idiot for not believing and beg for forgiveness?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

What if a god really did exist? Would you drop to your knees, admit you were an idiot for not believing and beg for forgiveness?
Thank you for telling us that you cannot reason rationally without saying that you cannot reason rationally. Too bad that I am not trying to refute omniscience and omnipotence. I am only discussing the consequences of a god that had those powers.

We Never Know

No Slack
Thank you for telling us that you cannot reason rationally without saying that you cannot reason rationally. Too bad that I am not trying to refute omniscience and omnipotence. I am only discussing the consequences of a god that had those powers.
So no answer. That was expected. Its no different than your "what if" we put your brain in another body stupid question.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

BUT the problem is, what the heck is a "god"? How can you tell a god from a camel? Or from an ants' nest? Or from a superscientist? Or more pertinently, from Donald Duck? Or Dracula? Or the Ghost of Christmas Past?

And what's with the worship business? You're omniscient, you're omnipotent, you're perfect ─ and yet you still need your ego stroked?

Really?

We Never Know

No Slack
BUT the problem is, what the heck is a "god"? How can you tell a god from a camel? Or from an ants' nest? Or from a superscientist? Or more pertinently, from Donald Duck? Or Dracula? Or the Ghost of Christmas Past?

And what's with the worship business? You're omniscient, you're omnipotent, you're perfect ─ and yet you still need your ego stroked?

Really?

What is a god?.... Exactly! We don't know.
However we do know what a camel is. What an ants nest is. Etc.

But a god...science has no stance on a god. Would we even know a god if we met/seen one?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Pot meet kettle lmao
No, unless you want to claim to be braindead, and I am not accusing you of that. It looks as if you do not like the way that the discussion is going. You rudely asked a pointless question that had nothing to do with the discussion since I was not trying to refute omniscience. You got that answer but as usual it sailed right over your head.

The only one that has been dishonest here is you.

We Never Know

No Slack

Really?
Here's a thought.... Everything we have discovered or know of.. Be it gold, diamonds, oil, pluto, mars, the milky way galaxy, DNA, evolution, atoms, quarks, etc etc.... All existed before we discovered them.
So if we haven't yet found a god, does that mean a god doesn't exist?

We just discovered a new phase of matter. Does that mean it didnt exist before we discovered it?

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
No, unless you want to claim to be braindead, and I am not accusing you of that. It looks as if you do not like the way that the discussion is going. You rudely asked a pointless question that had nothing to do with the discussion since I was not trying to refute omniscience. You got that answer but as usual it sailed right over your head.

The only one that has been dishonest here is you.
Lmfao!!!!! That's all that post deserves

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Here's a thought.... Everything we have discovered or know of.. Be it gold, diamonds, oil, pluto, mars, the milky way galaxy, DNA, evolution, atoms, quarks, etc etc.... All existed before we discovered them.
So if we haven't yet found a god, does that mean a god doesn't exist?
Thank God that someone around here uses logic.
That post is a Winner. It was worth staying up for.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thank God that someone around here uses logic.
That post is a Winner. It was worth staying up for.
LMAO!! You are not doing yourself any favors by supporting a post with so many errors in it. You do not see the clear errors in his post. First off it looks like an implied strawman. He is another theist that cannot understand the concept of a lack of belief. I doubt if the poster that he responded to denied the existence of all gods. He probably point out that there was no rational reason to believe in them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ditto. Look in the mirror if you can stomach it.

No, you are just projecting again. It only looks as if you are assuming that others are as bad as you are.

Why did you use that foolish argument? No one was claiming that god is not omniscient. Once again we were only discussing the consequences of an omniscient and omnipotent god.

Why is that so hard for you to understand? Once again it appears that you are going out of your way to not understand a rather simple conversation.