• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how did man appear on earth

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
So the theoretical start point of a new species emerging today would be where?

Species evolve gradually, so there is almost never a hard and fast starting point for a species -- no matter how much we might wish there to be one in order to make it easier for us to think about such things as speciation.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
In a group of animals that is adapting away from the rest of the population.
Like the squirrels of Grand Canyon or the lizards of Pod Mrcaru.
Lizards Undergo Rapid Evolution After Introduction To A New Home

These are examples of what is called Allopatric speciation. Basically it means populations that have been divided by a physical barrier that prevents them from interbreeding, will tend to evolve away from one another. This is a combination of genetic drift and adaptation to new situations.

There are other ways for species to form as well. But this is the easiest one to discribe first.

wa:do

*Sunstone is right, there is not definite start line, just like there is no hard distinction between the people of the Roman Empire and Italians. Its a long blurry process.

Darkwater

Lovely post Painted Wolf.

As well as allopatrick speciation,universal scriptural evidence would appear to involve *beings of greater duration* infusing dna into some earth species,in love.

Probably in Africa more than a few aeons ago,near the Limpopo River being one lacation.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Sorry, I have yet to see any evidence for anything but snippets of viral DNA being added to any animals genome.

Though viruses are "beings of greater duration" than us animals.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How did man appear on earth? The fierce moon giant, Tiki Tiki Too, shot men and women to earth with his mighty bow, PlanetSlayer, in order to win an archery contest with the gods. That was back in the old days, when men and women often got shot places by the giants. Today's kids have it much easier when they want to travel.

I think how man got here is pretty evident.

rockondon

How did man appear on earth?
The early earth was a cooling, spinning ball of lava. Nucleotides formed and joined other nucleotides to form replicating polynucleotides (RNA). This single stranded RNA bonded with another strand for form double stranded DNA. DNA attracted lipids which naturally clump together around the DNA, forming a cell. As this cell replicates itself, the replications are imperfect but some mistakes (mutations) are beneficial, some are neutral, and some are harmful. Obviously, the organisms with beneficial mutations survive better and so life gradually became better and better equipped to survive. After billions of years of mutations and natural selection we are left with humans and innumerable other highly complex species.

...or something like that.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
In a group of animals that is adapting away from the rest of the population.
Like the squirrels of Grand Canyon or the lizards of Pod Mrcaru.
Lizards Undergo Rapid Evolution After Introduction To A New Home

These are examples of what is called Allopatric speciation. Basically it means populations that have been divided by a physical barrier that prevents them from interbreeding, will tend to evolve away from one another. This is a combination of genetic drift and adaptation to new situations.

There are other ways for species to form as well. But this is the easiest one to discribe first.

*Sunstone is right, there is not definite start line, just like there is no hard distinction between the people of the Roman Empire and Italians. Its a long blurry process.

So we have two split parts of the same species at some stage science may examine the lizards that are being born in part (a) and decide that they are now a new species, so its mother and father will be a different species than it.

meogi

Eddy Daze said:
So we have two split parts of the same species at some stage science may examine the lizards that are being born in part (a) and decide that they are now a new species, so its mother and father will be a different species than it.
You make it sound like scientists just 'decide' everything.

Species are different when they are unable to produce viable offspring (able to reproduce themselves). I guarantee you any healthy 'child' of one species, will be able to mate with their parents.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Not entirely. The species concept is under review and the old way of solidly defining what is and isn't a species is not as solid a line as you suggest.

Nor is it as arbitrary as saying the parents are a different species as the children.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Paint a spectrum. Yellow on the left, gradually changing to red on the right.
At what point does yellow change to orange; orange to red?
It's all arbitrary. There's no clear discontinuity.

S-word

How did man appear on earth?

It started Oh so long ago as just a little pimple on the backside of mother earth.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Paint a spectrum. Yellow on the left, gradually changing to red on the right.
At what point does yellow change to orange; orange to red?
It's all arbitrary. There's no clear discontinuity.

from Genesis....13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
And if you look, you will see not the rainbow of a child's picture with distinct bands of color, but a gradual change of spectrum.

Like the change between night and day. It's not like flicking on a switch, you have a slow building of light.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Umm.... No.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Umm.... No.

If science is saying new species form , then surely they will form at a certain point, eg when the offspring of group (a) are unable to breed with group(b)/or the offspring of group (b)..for instance when examining a spectrum we aould mark a specific point where orange becomes red

This came up top when I put a search in regarding something to do with this thread

120 Million Year Old Map Found - Proof Of Ancient Civilization

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If science is saying new species form , then surely they will form at a certain point, eg when the offspring of group (a) are unable to breed with group(b)/or the offspring of group (b)..for instance when examining a spectrum we aould mark a specific point where orange becomes red

Eddy, your analogy contradicts your claim. There is no one point on a spectrum where orange becomes red. But you're welcome to drag a spectrum in here and try to prove me wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind. Discussing the analogy is not the same as discussing the claim, and would only derail the discussion.

Last edited: