• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you define SCIENCE?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Then he failed for 60,000 years with the Aboriginals and numerous other peoples around the world. And when he did get around to sending it to them it mostly brought misery and death.
I don't believe they were around in any shape or form for 60,000 years. It doesn't matter. Evolution brings death.

YoursTrue

All life dies. It's been that way since life began.
You of course don't believe the Bible and frankly not to put you down but I don't think you believe in a messiah. But now we may be entering a new phase in human history with the war taking place.

YoursTrue

Then he failed for 60,000 years with the Aboriginals and numerous other peoples around the world. And when he did get around to sending it to them it mostly brought misery and death.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're talking about socalled Christians who went to the aboriginals to convert them or something like that?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You of course don't believe the Bible and frankly not to put you down but I don't think you believe in a messiah. But now we may be entering a new phase in human history with the war taking place.
Judaism teaches a messiah, clearly, who hasn't yet come. Do I personally believe in this messiah? I quite honestly have not spent much time thinking about it. It is not relevant to my life as a Jew. My concern is how does God want me to behave, and then to live that way. My religion is wrapped around loving God and my neighbor as myself. I pretty much stay focused on that. I only talk about the messiah in this forum because Christians are forever bringing up the subject. The whole topic of the last days and world to come... not really interested. It's just not my focus. I live in the here and now.

I realize that this paradigm is significantly different from yours, and that it may be difficult for you to understand where I'm coming from. It's okay.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're talking about socalled Christians who went to the aboriginals to convert them or something like that?

The wrong kind of Christians. I'm always bemused by that one.

YoursTrue

If I'm not mistaken, @YoursTrue is a young earth creationist. He doesn't believe any human beings were around 60,000 years ago.
Frankly, my dear, I'd have to figure what YOU mean by "young earth creationist." I don't think I am because I have said multitudinous times that each DAY of creation is likely thousands of years old. Understand?
We cannot tell exactly how long each DAY of creation is. That means that although each period of creative time in Genesis is called a 'day,' it obviously from the looks of the earth and -- the growth of life itself, has taken much longer than a 24 hour day. So let me be clear -- the first six days of creation had a beginning and a close. IAll six days are said to have a beginning and close. I'm sure you can see that in the Genesis account. Now I know there are some things you'd to figure out (we all would I think), but -- note carefully -- no matter what a person thinks, the seventh day is not said in the Bible account in Genesis to have ended. OK? Therefore, since this is about SCIENCE more or less, it makes sense that each DAY of creation is far longer than what you might think a "young earth creationist" thinks. Which I don't know what they think, so maybe you can explain what a YOUNG EARTHER believers because I BELIEVE that every day of creation is far, far more than 24 hours human time. Let's try to understand.

YoursTrue

The wrong kind of Christians. I'm always bemused by that one.
Not sure again what you're talking about. To follow Jesus is not to hurt others. Although God is forgiving depending on circumstances. I know that God can overcome any objection but guess what? He doesn't have to. :) Have a good one, John.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Not sure again what you're talking about. To follow Jesus is not to hurt others. Although God is forgiving depending on circumstances. I know that God can overcome any objection but guess what? He doesn't have to. :) Have a good one, John.

They feel they are Christians you call them so called Christians. I'm not sure what's hard to understand.

YoursTrue

They feel they are Christians you call them so called Christians. I'm not sure what's hard to understand.
I agree they may feel they are Christians. If I thought they were , I'd feel free to join whatever.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Frankly, my dear, I'd have to figure what YOU mean by "young earth creationist." I don't think I am because I have said multitudinous times that each DAY of creation is likely thousands of years old. Understand?
We cannot tell exactly how long each DAY of creation is. That means that although each period of creative time in Genesis is called a 'day,' it obviously from the looks of the earth and -- the growth of life itself, has taken much longer than a 24 hour day. So let me be clear -- the first six days of creation had a beginning and a close. IAll six days are said to have a beginning and close. I'm sure you can see that in the Genesis account. Now I know there are some things you'd to figure out (we all would I think), but -- note carefully -- no matter what a person thinks, the seventh day is not said in the Bible account in Genesis to have ended. OK? Therefore, since this is about SCIENCE more or less, it makes sense that each DAY of creation is far longer than what you might think a "young earth creationist" thinks. Which I don't know what they think, so maybe you can explain what a YOUNG EARTHER believers because I BELIEVE that every day of creation is far, far more than 24 hours human time. Let's try to understand.
Okay I'm listening, and hopefully will get to know you better. When I say a young earth creationist what I mean is someone who does not accept that the earth is billions of years old (usually they say 6000 years, but there is some wiggle room there) and who do not accept evolution, but instead opt for a literal reading of Genesis 1.

So for you, the "days" in Genesis 1 are not 24 hours long. Got it. I also understand that you believe we are still in the seventh day, and that this is a very important point for you.

May I ask you, how old do you think the earth is? And how long do you think human beings (homo sapiens sapiens, aka modern humans) have been around?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I agree they may feel they are Christians. If I thought they were , I'd feel free to join whatever.

So they're the wrong kind of Christian. All sorted.

Now you need to fix my confusions with your other post.

YoursTrue

So they're the wrong kind of Christian. All sorted.

Now you need to fix my confusions with your other post.
I'm not sure if you pray. I suggest you make this a subject of prayer. Thanks and have a nice day/evening there.

YoursTrue

Okay I'm listening, and hopefully will get to know you better. When I say a young earth creationist what I mean is someone who does not accept that the earth is billions of years old (usually they say 6000 years, but there is some wiggle room there) and who do not accept evolution, but instead opt for a literal reading of Genesis 1.

So for you, the "days" in Genesis 1 are not 24 hours long. Got it. I also understand that you believe we are still in the seventh day, and that this is a very important point for you.

May I ask you, how old do you think the earth is? And how long do you think human beings (homo sapiens sapiens, aka modern humans) have been around?
You have some of this right about my beliefs, IndigoChild5559. Thanks for asking. I do not know (obviously) exactly how long each day of creation is insofar as time as we count it on the earth now goes. I do know that each day (the first six days at least) is said to have a beginning and an end and based on geology AND reason, is much longer than 24 hours, who on earth knows? could be millions of years...I don't know. But again, the first six days are said to have a beginning and an end. So the weekly Jewish sabbath day 'begins' at sundown and ends by the following sunset. I'll stop there, thanks for asking.
So I go though according to the Bible. And the time table for mankind in the Bible does not go back 60,000 years.