• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you define SCIENCE?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You have some of this right about my beliefs, IndigoChild5559. Thanks for asking. I do not know (obviously) exactly how long each day of creation is insofar as time as we count it on the earth now goes. I do know that each day (the first six days at least) is said to have a beginning and an end and based on geology AND reason, is much longer than 24 hours, who on earth knows? could be millions of years...I don't know. But again, the first six days are said to have a beginning and an end. So the weekly Jewish sabbath day 'begins' at sundown and ends by the following sunset. I'll stop there, thanks for asking.
So I go though according to the Bible. And the time table for mankind in the Bible does not go back 60,000 years.
Okay, so you are open to the possibility of the earth being millions of years old. Are you open to the possibility that it is 4.5 billion years old, and that the universe is 13 some odd billion years old?

YoursTruly the authors of Genesis were completely unaware of the scientific evidence we have today. We cannot expect them to imagine the scoope of how truly old things are, including humanity.

So how long DO you think homo sapiens sapiens have been around?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Okay, so you are open to the possibility of the earth being millions of years old. Are you open to the possibility that it is 4.5 billion years old, and that the universe is 13 some odd billion years old?

YoursTruly the authors of Genesis were completely unaware of the scientific evidence we have today. We cannot expect them to imagine the scoope of how truly old things are, including humanity.

So how long DO you think homo sapiens sapiens have been around?
Since I am not going to get into a real detailed discussion with you, I'll leave you with the thought that the human race is as old as the Bible states.

YoursTrue

Last time I checked, the Bible made no statement about that at all.
Yes, it doesn't give dates like 1500 BCE but it gives plenty of information about the ages of people. And the lineage. But since you think it's all a myth or musical anyway, and will likely stick to that, have a good evening.

gnostic

The Lost One
Yes, it doesn't give dates like 1500 BCE but it gives plenty of information about the ages of people. And the lineage. But since you think it's all a myth or musical anyway, and will likely stick to that, have a good evening.

there are no evidence to support humans living beyond 150 years, such as Adam’s 930 years or Noah’s 950 years.

if anything the average life expectancies of people living during the Late Neolithic period, is about 45 years. In the Bronze Age it was rare for people living beyond 60 years. These people who do live in their 80s, 90s or even over 100 are often those people who are monarchs, as they have people caring for them.

Ramesses II lived to the early 90s. Most Egyptians don’t lived to that age during the Late Bronze Age.

Anyway the Bible, especially the Genesis is a book of stories (myths), not verifiable historical records.

As with all Near Eastern myths, they have the tendencies to embellish. So Noah living through the Flood when he was 600 years old, clearly didn’t happen, and Noah didn’t exist, except in story/myth.

No human remains in the late Neolithic and Bronze Age have shown to live over 130 years.

YoursTrue

there are no evidence to support humans living beyond 150 years, such as Adam’s 930 years or Noah’s 950 years.

if anything the average life expectancies of people living during the Late Neolithic period, is about 45 years. In the Bronze Age it was rare for people living beyond 60 years. These people who do live in their 80s, 90s or even over 100 are often those people who are monarchs, as they have people caring for them.

Ramesses II lived to the early 90s. Most Egyptians don’t lived to that age during the Late Bronze Age.

Anyway the Bible, especially the Genesis is a book of stories (myths), not verifiable historical records.

As with all Near Eastern myths, they have the tendencies to embellish. So Noah living through the Flood when he was 600 years old, clearly didn’t happen, and Noah didn’t exist, except in story/myth.

No human remains in the late Neolithic and Bronze Age have shown to live over 130 years.
Don't know what evidence you think fits. And generalizing for me doesn't help. Such as saying "fossils show," etc. Things like that.

YoursTrue

Dr. Linus Pauling has explained that man’s bodily tissues replace themselves and, theoretically, should continue to do so forever.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dr. Linus Pauling has explained that man’s bodily tissues replace themselves and, theoretically, should continue to do so forever.
But Dr Linus Pauling learnt if only briefly in 1994 that they don't.

And what good to human society is immortality? Would the English wish Henry VIII was still around? The Chinese long for Genghis Khan? If only George Washington was still in charge? Wouldn't it result in unstoppable numbers of people in constant need of state welfare forever?